• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Scum

Iwata Asks in Motion: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

main.jpg

Have fun.

Yeah, guys. Everyone has a favourite Pokemon so you shouldn't force us to wait until December 27th so we can transfer them over when they aren't available.

Fury Sense

Iwata - You enjoy getting friendly with your Pokémon?
Masuda - Yes. And as shown before, if you play Pokémon-Amie, you get really close with your Pokémon, but after all they are Pokémon, so some don't have facial expressions or they react slowly.
Masuda doesn't even flinch :D

Elija2

This one was actually quite short and didn't have much to say. I guess because it was meant to be an extension of the Pokemon Direct and not a full-fledged Iwata Asks.

Kazerei

Banned
Iwata: I can remember it like it was yesterday, how strong the response was when we announced the actual titles, with people surprised and saying it was unexpected. Why did you decide to name them Pokémon X and Pokémon Y?

Masuda: The X and Y represent the x axis and the y axis.

Iwata: X is the horizontal axis and Y is the vertical axis.

Masuda: Right. The world holds people with all sorts of ways of thinking, and you can get a sense that they exist in different dimensions. But if you think of them as people who think on the x axis and people who think on the y axis-horizontal and vertical axes-then they intersect somewhere.

Pokemon Z is next, then?

R0ckman

Their logic for introducing fairy made me a bit nervous :( They could have just not made so many dragon's each generation or only made psedo legendaries dragon and make them one line.

Owwari

Banned
I'm digging this part quite a lot:

''Masuda: Right. The world holds people with all sorts of ways of thinking, and you can get a sense that they exist in different dimensions. But if you think of them as people who think on the x axis and people who think on the y axis-horizontal and vertical axes-then they intersect somewhere.
Iwata: Even if they think in contrary ways, they agree in places, too.
Masuda: Exactly. We may think differently, but we all live on the same planet, so everyone eats, sleeps and goes about their business day after day just like everyone else.
Iwata: So the theme this time is that even if languages, cultures and mindsets are different, even if the surrounding environment is different, they overlap somewhere.
Masuda: Yes. We thought of that early on and then started building the surrounding world of these games.''

I would put one common truth arriving soon: This 12th, millions of people will be playing Pokemon X/Y, and everyone will love it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
gems like Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version

See? Ruby and Sapphire were called "gems" by Iwata, even he realizes how great they are.

I knew X and Y stood for the axis and people here told me I was wrong and it was the X and Y chromosomes. I knew Nintendo wasn't going to name the games in a way that would suggest one version was for boys and the other one for girls. So take that,
"PokeGAF"! You were wrong! I told you so!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
All the work they put into Pokemon-Amie and other battle modes... That must've been a lot of work. But it sounds like a much more awesome Nintendogs!

20 seconds into the video on page one and I can't stand dubbed Iwata :*(

I should check if he is subtitled in the European languages...

Edit: If they are axis then i and j are the next. See beyond cartesian coordinates and into the wonder of the argand plane...or they could try polar coordinates instead

Top Bottom