• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata skipping E3 for health reasons - Polygon

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782832/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-skipping-e3

The president of Nintendo won't be in attendance at E3 next week on the advice of his physician, a Nintendo representative confirmed to Polygon today.

Nintendo of America did not specify why Iwata, 54, was advised not to travel overseas in the immediate future, but said "it is business as usual for Mr. Iwata, and he continues his normal duties as president of Nintendo Co., Ltd. while he remains in Japan."

"As always, he will be actively involved in all of Nintendo's activities at the show," a Nintendo representative said.

Hope he gets better.

e3kings.jpeg

So, lots of Reggie and Bill Trinen, then.

I wonder if he's the primary speaker in the digital event. It's presumably recorded by now, right?

Get well soon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Get well soon. He must be under a lot of stress, explains also why their haven't been new Iwata Asks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This sucks ass. So who will replace his speech?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
[Insert body not being ready joke here]
Hope it's nothing serious, but Reggie will be fine. Maybe Shibata might finally get some love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom