• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars and Other Anime Games are $20 on Amazon

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... I already have J-Stars on PS3, though. Are there any noticeable reasons to upgrade to the PS4 version, or is it essentially the same on both consoles?

edit: HOLY CRAP I BECAME A MEMBER IN A THREAD ABOUT ANIME GAMES

rhandino

Banned
I might want to get Xenoverse and One Piece for my brother but EUGH at J-Stars, such a horrible horrible game.

Hmm... I already have J-Stars on PS3, though. Are there any noticeable reasons to upgrade to the PS4 version, or is it essentially the same on both consoles?

Time to change your avatar to an anime one and join those lovable crazies over at AnimeGAF

Also thanks OP, getting OP and probably Jstars

leehom

Saw the deal on cag this morning and nabbed a copy of One Piece. Almost purchased J-Stars, but read that it wasn't a good game.

One Piece shows in stock for me from Amazon.

Cornbread78

Welcome to the darkside. Now your bannings will be even more painful.

I'm just going to offer a contrary opinion to the OP's. I don't think it's worth it at that price. Honestly, and without any hyperbole, I wouldn't play it if you gave it to me for free. I thought it was an awful game.
Does J-Stars have a local versus mode?
Local play, bleugh.
maxresdefault.jpg

Gren

Not like I've really been keeping track, but I can't remember the last time an Omega Force game went for that low. I recall them usually maintaining their price, at least among the major retailers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, I JUST spent about $50 last week on an used copy of PW3 as part of a b2g1 free deal.

Not really anime, but I saw Onechanbara Z2 Chaos with the day one stuff (OST, artbook, DLC) for $20 as well. I wonder if there's some $20 PS4 game deal going on.

Eh, as a casual fan of anime games and manga in general, I was super hyped for Jstars and actually imported the PS3 version when it came out ages ago before there was the US announcement.

It isn't that bad, surely fun at $20. It's fun charging up to whatever powered up form your character has, and dashing around shooting flashy signature moves off.

It's like an extremely middling quality Smash bros.

Still enjoyable.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
They need to drop those digital prices.
Considering one could get J-Stars Vs+ for $18 ($16 with the promo code) during PSN's Black Friday flash sale, a drop might be coming soon-ish.

Considering one could get J-Stars Vs+ for $18 ($16 with the promo code) during PSN's Black Friday flash sale, a drop might be coming soon-ish.

All three games dropped drop to $40 (retail) recently, so I don't think we'll see another one for a few months. Only noticed because of price changes at work.

Top Bottom