• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan Teases Rush Hour 4

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping they take a more light hearted approach with part 4 if they do it. A part of what made RH 3 so bad is how seriously they handled the plot. I'm betting it was because that was around the time Jackie wanted to do more drama films and it felt like he treated RH3 as a test drive. Also, if they introduce a protege to Jackie(because Lethal Weapon 4 did it too) I'm hoping it is an actor/actress who actually is interested in fight choreography and not just a general star to get people to buy tickets.

My personal rankings:

Rush Hour 2 = Shanghai Knights > Rush Hour 1 > Shanghai Noon > Rush Hour 3

I know some might be puzzled over my Shanghai Knights ranking but in terms of being a movie with really fun/unique fights it's up there with some of his wackier fights like in the Operation Condor movies. SK is worth a second viewing for that.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm a huge fan of the first two movies, but man if it's anything close to 3 I'm out.

it still moved reading the headline tho

Wait I thought they already made this?

rh_13.jpg

Bishop89

Hope it's like Lethal Weapon where the 4th is much better than the 3rd
Pretty much what I'm hoping for.
3 was God awful.

4 will in no way be better than the first 2, but I'm still looking for it.

I mean the first movie is my all-time favourite movie..

And of course Tucker has to return, good stuff Jackie 👌

sarcastor

i remember something about the Eiffel towel and his brother being Japanese?

RZAOUoq.jpg

Cripes, they need to bring the budget back down. The first one only cost $33 million, second one was $90 million

loved the first two but the third was so bad. not as excited for this as I once would have been.

hopefully they nailed it this time.

Shanghai Noon was really fun too back in the day.

Shanghai Knights had some dope action scenes, Donnie Yen v. Jackie Chan plus a pretty rad swordfight with Littlefinger.

Strike

I'm surprised this is even seriously being considered after how long it took to make the last one. They were so old and tired.

May it be as well received as Lethal Weapon 4 was. Course difference being that franchise had two cool entries, Rush Hour already struck the fuck out.

Hope it's like Lethal Weapon where the 4th is much better than the 3rd

What? Lethal Weapon 4 was a complete tonal mess. It had horrible "gags" that played at the expense of the Asian cast...so borderline racist. The music queues were awful and had weird timing (see the scene with Gibson and Russo walking on the beach). The performances were such awful caricatures of what came before.

Lethal Weapon 3 at least had the benefit of being more subtle.

Rush Hour 4 is just a bad idea. Let it go.

Anung

Un Rama
The first and second ones were enjoyable romps. All I can remember about the third one was the Roman Polanski rape joke.

BasilZero

Why do they make such a large gap in between movies, its so damn crazy.

Could have been a great and long franchise if they had made movies back to back like every 2-3 years rather than 5-10 years.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Jackie is getting a bit old though. I mean he had moves in the foreigner, but not like he used to. Not even close.

Anyone saying replace sticker needs to hush up, y’all obviously not fans saying some dumb shit like that. The movies are what they are cause of Tucker and Chan.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I will say, the sword duel between Jackie Chan and Hiroyuki Sanada in PT 3 was legit fire🔥🔥🔥

I still wish we got a third one of that as well.

Both Shanghai movies are great. Still rewatch them. Their humor holds up well imho.
According to wiki, Shanghai Dawn will be coming eventually and is to be set in China.

As for RH4, please please please don't be garbage like 3...

RBH

The first and second Rush Hour are all-time classics for me

The third one was not 😔

But I'd love to see a fourth because the series deserves better closure than that shitty third film

I love the first two but 3 was a big step down. They made the story more serious than necessary and the humor that was there was mostly rehashed jokes. Also thought setting it in France was always a wired decision (for me, if they wanted to go to a location outside the US and China, I thought heading to Japan, and having the the Triads have a conflict or partnership with the Yakuza would had made for a more interesting story). The chemistry between the two just wasn't as good overall.

They've been talking about a RH4 for years now, I have my doubts if it will ever get off the ground. Chan and Tucker have also aged, IDK if Chan would be able to do the same stunts as he did in the past. Only way I could get behind a fourth film is if it had someone other Ratner doing it, and it's written as more of a grand finale. Someone mentioned Shane Black, that would be a terrific pick.

This is The United States of James Carter now. I'm the president. I'm the emperor. I'm the king.

Gonna use that line on my kids when they get older.

Top Bottom