• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpance

ps. I saw GOD OF WAR III when I was in Santa Monica last week. I can and will not give away details. But I think it's ok for me to say two things:

a- HOLY HOLY HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!
b- I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look....and that game is currently- and will probably remain- my game of the year. And hell, I think I actually get to vote on that kind of stuff in some circles :) And unless I get blown away by POP or something else I missed, GEARS 2 is the SHIT....this year. Dudes and dudettes, fucking WAIT till you see the amazing graphics...just fucking wait. And yes, Xbots, accuse me all you want of being a Sony fanboy. Just remember two things:

#1- I just said GEARS 2 is the BEST fucking playing and looking game of the year....better than any PS3 game. And there are some damn good PS3 games, I feel.

#2- FUCK YOU! I ain't no fan boy but this mother fucking game looks like nothing you've ever played...and you can hold me to that when this thing hits and when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life- it's THAT good looking.

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/

Awesome!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jaffe is going to get lots of shit from Sony over his Gears comments. But you have to respect a man who is willing to speak his mind.

vpance

Yeah, ignore his Gears comments. Not interesting.

Painting come to life.. man. I can totally picture it with the E3 trailer.

jaypah

this fucking old ass shit is old as fuck dude. you know how old this old ass shit is?

nah for real, check out the original thread. hilarious.

I hope this thread doesn't turn out like the last one.

Anyway, I am very happy to hear that God of War 3 looks amazing. I guess these are the first real impressions (or genuine info) we even know of the product yet (outside of that CG trailer).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If any game were to do it, it would GoW3.
But I'm still quite skeptical.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:
Gears 2 is the best looking game of 2008?

Is it really?

To tell you the truth, I think the GTA4 looks better than Gears2.

Guled

Why is this laughable, GoW was one of the best looking games last gen (if not the best) and GoW for psp has the best graphics on portables. Plus its Jaffe, hes the last person to be talking bullshit like this

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
It's cool to see that even though Jaffe left the series he still (GREATLY apparently) approves of the direction it's taken.

Kyoufu

Guled said:
Why is this laughable, GoW was one of the best looking games last gen (if not the best) and GoW for psp has the best graphics on portables. Plus its Jaffe, hes the last person to be talking bullshit like this

I don't doubt what he says is true but Gears 2 being the best looking game this year is debatable and honestly I wipe my ass with the way he writes.

Lightning

Banned
You know, this Jaffe is amazing. Not only does he have to constantly swear for no reason at all but he cannot seem to praise anything unless he comments on others work. He can praise GOW2 all he likes but the way he goes about it just asks for trouble...

vpance

Private Hoffman said:
I hope this thread doesn't turn out like the last one.

Anyway, I am very happy to hear that God of War 3 looks amazing. I guess these are the first real impressions (or genuine info) we even know of the product yet (outside of that CG trailer).

There was this info that came out before http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/11/22/huge-sony-info-blowout/.

I wonder if Jaffe saw the same trailer, or if it was something else.

Edit: I guess it was probably something hands on if he went to SM studios. And some other trailer was for the meeting in London.

Guled

Lightning said:
You know, this Jaffe is amazing. Not only does he have to constantly swear for no reason at all but he cannot seem to praise anything unless he comments on others work. He can praise GOW2 all he likes but the way he goes about it just asks for trouble...
I guess he thinks people will dismiss his comment since he works with Sony

Sorry, but this guy just looks like a straight-up turd to me.

david%20jaffe.jpg

All credibility OUT THE WINDOW

Crisis said:
David Jaffe posts here so quit trolling him lest he loosen your mother's twat.

Oh, I'm sorry, you must be his long-time childhood friend. Sorry for offending you.

...don't talk about my mother. That's uncalled for.

Bah! Like it matters, someone will retardaly bitch about how Pixar has superior graphics in its movies while GoW looks like shit. In the end... the hype will kill the excitement and will only open stupid arguments like the one above (Pixar stuff).

Kyoufu

mountain_duwe said:
Oh, I'm sorry, you must be his long-time childhood friend. Sorry for offending you.

...don't talk about my mother. That's uncalled for.

And calling someone a turd based on the way they look isn't uncalled for? :lol :lol

Ariexv said:
On consoles? It's the best looking game out, only competition is Banjo.

Banjo? Whatever you're smoking, keep it away from me.

gcubed

Blu_LED said:
A question, Jaffe worked on the 1st and 2nd one right? Does he have ANY part in this one?

i think 2nd he was just a consulting role, and this one, i'm sure he gets to see it and give some critique since he made the series, but i dont think he has any direct role

Kyoufu said:
And calling someone a turd based on the way they look isn't uncalled for? :lol :lol

It wasn't a direct attack. If he were to post in this thread and I'd say "HEY YOU'RE AN UGLY BITCH" and post a picture of him, then you'd have an argument.

...you have to admit, he is rather turd-ish.

Crisis

Banned
mountain_duwe said:
It wasn't a direct attack. If he were to post in this thread and I'd say "HEY YOU'RE AN UGLY BITCH" and post a picture of him, then you'd have an argument.

...you have to admit, he is rather turd-ish.

It wasn't a direct attack? :lol

YOU look like a turd. All your credibility is out the window! Don't worry it's not a personal or direct attack.

Haunted

So Jaffe hasn't played Crysis Warhead.

Shame. :/

edit: :lol @ the junior trolling Jaffe and derailing the thread. Hope you've got another e-mail ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom