• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sykoex said:
After the comparison on the last page, I think those comments are pretty much over.
I guess i'm not really in the know, cause i wasn't aware of the gow2-hd comments. Yet, and it's probably just me, must have shit in my eyes or something, gow2-hd seems pretty effin much spot on. Especially after the comparison on last page. The second shot looks like geometry from the first, but hd-ified. Different lighting too. But the difference doesnt really seem all that staggering to me. What am i missing? Or is my sarcasm detector borked?

Fistwell said:
I guess i'm not really in the know, cause i wasn't aware of the gow2-hd comments. Yet, and it's probably just me, must have shit in my eyes or something, gow2-hd seems pretty effin much spot on. Especially after the comparison on last page. The second shot looks like geometry from the first, but hd-ified. Different lighting too. But the difference doesnt really seem all that staggering to me. What am i missing? Or is my sarcasm detector borked?

Get some glasses. Looking at the world through a hazy fog must suck.

Quick, Kratosify your avatars!!!111!!111!!!1!

j/k, that trailer looked really good in 720/1080. I can't wait to hear the impressions of the gameplay.

____

sentry65 said:
no man, enjoy it. The game looks awesome.

I just feel like this trailer is the spike TV extended edition trailer, not really anything new is all I'm saying

on a side note,
I hope they can get an ambient occlusion pass in there, it really can use it. None of the characters really look connected to the ground with just a single key light shadow...especially for dim night time scenes

I saw Kratos' feet transcending through the floor in a few shots but I'm not complaining this early. If that makes it into the final build however....

MercuryLS

Banned
Looks like what I expected GOW3 to look like on PS3.

I like the fact that they're focusing on huge scale, imagine fighting on moving monsters that are the size of whole countries and shit. That would be epic.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I remember reading this when I wasn't a member, I just giggled and said "oh poor Jaffe, he should had used other words", since I didn't believe him.

But now that I have played GOW3, Jaffe you were correct, this game looks like a moving painting, sometimes I wish this game had Screen Capture function. =(

Click said:
Those who doubted and laughed at Jaffe's quote 2 years ago are all eating crow right about now...
no crow for me thanks.

plagiarize from the past said:
definitely looks in engine to me.

i hope it's not hand animated because some of that stuff would be real impressive if it happens in game, like the enemies piling on top of Kratos.

i don't know that i get a painterly look to it, but it does look very good, up with the best looking PS3 games if that animation is how things look in game.

Click

Banned
LosDaddie said:
A year old bump for that? Really?

GoW3 does look great

Damn straight. If the original thread wasn't locked, I would've bumped that one instead.

I actually posted in the original and if I remember correctly, didn't discount what Jaffe said.
Forgot if I posted in this thread though.

Blablurn said:
i wonder which level he saw

If I had to choose, Pit of Tartarus would probably be it.
But there's just too many great-looking scenery to pick from.

Gomu Gomu

Click said:
Those who doubted and laughed at Jaffe's quote 2 years ago are all eating crow right about now...
Yeah because he saw the final version of the game 2 years before everyone else, who only saw the early ones, right?

Come the fuck on people. Jaffe was WRONG. he was exaggerating what he saw, which was, at the time, not impressive at all. Anyways, props to Santa Monica, who did an amazing job polishing this game in these two years to make it look as awesome as it is now.

SmokyDave

Gomu Gomu said:
Yeah because he saw the final version of the game 2 years before everyone else, who only saw the early ones, right?

Come the fuck on people. Jaffe was WRONG. he was exaggerating what he saw, which was, at the time, not impressive at all. Anyways, props to Santa Monica, who did an amazing job polishing this game in these two years to make it look as awesome as it is now.
If you were there then why didn't you clarify this at the time?

What footage was shown?

Wazzim

Banned
It's GOWII-HD, you have everything from the old GOW games, but with PS3 graphics.
That isn't a bad thing, I mean, it looks freaking awesome but it really is GOWII-HD.

GOWII was awesome, so why is it bad when you call it a
freaking optimized
HD version of the same kind of game?

Firewire

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:

Asking for a second serving of crow?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
There was really no need to bump this. Jaffe gets a GAF handjob everytime his name is mentioned here as it is....no need to give him another one. We have no idea WHAT he saw at the time, and im certain it was nowhere near the quality we see now in the final build.

Lets be honest...did anyone REALLY think that once this game came out that it was going to be anything less than spectacular?

Click

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:

Yeah because you know exactly what he saw, right?
You don't. And you wouldn't know if Santa Monica Studio showed him a full render of a stage or section of a stage back then.

BTW, I did post in this thread. Page 4.
Said Jaffe was being an attention whore (but didn't doubt what he said). :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom