• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe's Future Confirmed...1up one-upped but we still love Patrick

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160509

David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America. 1UP confirmed with multiple sources that Jaffe is currently working with Incognito Entertainment head Scott Campbell on the formation of a new studio to be based out of Utah.

When asked, SCEA would not comment on the so far unannounced change. "We have made no announcements regarding any change in David Jaffe's relationship with Sony Computer Entertainment," said a company spokesperson. Jaffe himself also has not yet responded to repeated requests for comment, since he started teasing the new studio on his personal blog.

What happens to Incognito? The company is flying high on the positive buzz surrounding online-centric Warhawk and is unlikely to be affected by the shift. Jaffe has traveled back and forth between Incognito and his San Diego headquarters over the development of a number of Incognito-based games, including the recent PlayStation Network release Calling All Cars. Jaffe is expected to continue the relationship.

We hope to hear more on this new studio shortly, so stay tuned.

LukeSmith

AltogetherAndrews said:
So he's not part of SCEA, but he's expected to continue working with SCEA? And since when does one confirm things through unofficial sources?

When those sources don't go on record.
It's a pretty common practice.

So, he left SCEA, moving from San Diego to Incognito, moving again with his partner, to create new studio, that will work with SCEA.

Am I far from the correct answer?

LukeSmith said:
When those sources don't go on record.
It's a pretty common practice.

Right, but then one sure as hell does not start off an article with a definitive statement, and one should likely not use terms such as "confirmed" at all. The blog mentality is really getting too strong of a grip on supposed gaming "journalism".

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
AltogetherAndrews said:
So he's not part of SCEA, but he's expected to continue working with SCEA? And since when does one confirm things through unofficial sources?

Is he?

Ynos Yrros said:
So, he left SCEA, moving from San Diego to Incognito, moving again with his partner, to create new studio, that will work with SCEA.

Am I far from the correct answer?
That seems to be a proper assessment of the situation as we know it.

I know if I were him, I'd want my next "Kratos" to belong to me, IP-wise.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Segata Sanshiro said:
"inside'r"? That's his sister!
This right here deserves the loudest rimshot in the history of GAF

And I really hope they get the rights from Sony to revive Jet Moto, I believe Scott Campbell was on the team that made the original two and Jaffe just knows how to make dang fun games

Segata Sanshiro said:
That seems to be a proper assessment of the situation as we know it.

I know if I were him, I'd want my next "Kratos" to belong to me, IP-wise.

I wouldnt be surprised if SCEA is putting up some seed money. Sony would be stupid to let Jaffe start making potential blockbusters for other companies.

Jeff-DSA

AltogetherAndrews said:
May 15? Your sources are slooooow.

Hey, I was called a liar by literally thousands of people when I reported this. The outcome is actually a little different than I was told it would be, but it's pretty close. Just once in a while, vindication feels good though. :lol

EDIT: My sources are actually within the company. I held off saying anything to keep people from getting fired or reprimanded. I didn't really care for the exclusive report or anything.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to :)

David

OverHeat

« generous god »
davidjaffe said:
I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to :)

David

/topic

1up owned

kenta

Has no PEINS
davidjaffe said:

David
Well now this should be interesting

Jeff-DSA

davidjaffe said:

David

Heh, I wouldn't mine having you around.

bud

davidjaffe said:

David

somebody change the threadtitle to make fun of 1up plz

fernoca

davidjaffe said:

David

Well, 2 weeks ago..
I got a paycheck from my job....which I quit 4 months ago! :D

:lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
bud said:
somebody change the threadtitle to make fun of 1up plz
QFT.

Nothing but Spin from Patrik Klepek check out some of his other articles.
Oh no wonder, has this guy done a single article regarding Sony without adding his personal wit or spin?

ava_kate1.jpg

you're looking good these days, David.

Raist

Banned
davidjaffe said:

David

:lol @ 1up

Btw, thanks a lot for calling all cars. It was a pain to wait for it for such a long time here in Europe (yeah I know, you probably have nothing to do with that xD), but it's an excellent game.
If you want to dedicate your work to PSN games now, no problem just go on and make some great titles like this one.

Cheers

Crisis

Banned
davidjaffe said:

David

Waffle status: Roffling.

1Up owned, etc.

Top Bottom