• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaime Griesemer (Lead Designer InFamous: SS, Halo 3) has left Sucker Punch

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder where he's headed.

Given his last career move, I would guess he's staying in Seattle, so the most obvious choices would be:
-Back to Bungie
-Microsoft
-Indie

There are other studios, but they don't seem like a super obvious fit for someone who makes AAA console games.

This dude understands making fun games, he's one of the reasons I can't wait to play Second Son. I'd like to see him go to 343 and bring back that old-school Halo gameplay he was a major part in making so fun with the first three games.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Jesus is there anyone left at Sony? Seems like a mass exodus lately.

Just this guy:

KAU2f86.jpg

def sim

Wow, I didn't realize someone like him was working on Second Son. Impressive.

Well, I wish him the best wherever he may go.

V_Ben

Banned
I feel like he sort of didn't expect to end up at Sucker Punch in the first place, more of a convenient partnership to help SP with Second Son and the transition to a new console generation.

I wonder where he'll end up next though.

Killer

Banned
I wonder where he's headed.

Given his last career move, I would guess he's staying in Seattle, so the most obvious choices would be:
-Back to Bungie
-Microsoft
-Indie

There are other studios, but they don't seem like a super obvious fit for someone who makes AAA console games.

i think 343 need this guy so bad.

Jesus is there anyone left at Sony? Seems like a mass exodus lately.

There is a higher rate of churn that has affected everyone lately. Guy is obviously talented and likely wants to go do exactly the thing he wants rather than the next thing SP wants.

That being said, I had no idea he was even at SP. After seeing what he's done, I'm even more excited. Glad I've kept myself on blackout on the things that have come out about it in the past week.

Jb

Is he the 30 seconds of fun guy? I would imagine Microsoft would be pretty stoked to have him back on their side to work on Halo 5.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
People tend to leave after finishing big projects so it's understandable why he would leave now.

I wonder if he'll go back to Bungie.

He left Bungie to SP in the first place to escape the whole 'overly huge dev team' environment.

Unless things have changed since then, it's more likely than not he'd be joining another small team, rather than a 200+ one.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a contractual obligation to pay him based on how much Infamous sells even after he's left, or does he just have a base salary? I don't know how their jobs work.

As stated in the Marc Whitten thread these things happen after a game ships.

I think there is a chance he is joining another studio based in Seattle. If he was going indie, he would likely have mentioned it. By staying silent on future plans there is likely a Press Release that he can't comment on.

Obviously pure speculation.

So glad he had his hands on inFamous for some time, as I really love the series.

The guys at Sucker Punch have always been underrated for their design, because it's hidden behind wonky technical stuff or awful art.

But having this guy really made them a design masterteam. Excited to hear where he goes next.

Beast780

He's probably just sick of working on inFamous. I don't blame him. I'm really looking forward to playing inFamous Second Son on Friday though!

Top Bottom