• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaime Griesemer leaves Bungie

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bluemax said:
Maybe he got sick of remaking Marathon every 2 years.

If only it was Marathon, this would be true...

I rather have Pathways into Darkness every two years.

element

nerbo said:
He was the design lead on Halo 2 and Gameplay Designer for Halo 3. He did a good presentation at GDC, Design in Detail: Changing the Time Between Shots for the Sniper Rifle from 0.5 to 0.7 Seconds for Halo 3.

jaime_griesemer.jpg

Kuran

Banned
Kritz said:
Well, thankfully Pathways had a spiritual successor.

Marathon!

:D

I always felt that Shadow Tower: Abyss was the true spiritual successor to Pathways into Darkness. Check it out on Youtube.

TheSeks

Kritz said:
Well, thankfully Pathways had a spiritual successor.

Marathon!

:D

Too bad Marathon is terrible in comparison!

:D!

(In before Marathon defenders)

Arnie

Maybe he got tired of all his hard work being undone by Sage "the beard" Merrill. In his GDC presentation one year he described the intricate processes of changing something so seemingly insignificant as a rate of fire by .2 of a second, yet in strides Sage Merrill to remove a fixed firing rate altogether.

I hope to god he goes to 343, the man's a genius.

element

Pylon_Trooper said:
Element, you know a lot of FPS heavyweights!
13 years working on this stuff, you get to work with and meet a lot of cool people. I wish I could have gotten a photo when Ken Levine gave me a man hug.

Arnie

element said:
Sage is one funny dude. I see him at the bar a lot. His beard is most impressive in person.
Next time you see him, tell him that with all due respect the bloom mechanic is one of the worst alterations made to the Halo formula, ever.

When he appears on the Bungie podcasts he seems like a funny chap though, shame as a consumer I don't give him credit for humour, or his hoarse voice.

So long Jamie, hope you resurface soon, I'll be interested in any project you're associated with by default.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
element said:
Sage is one funny dude. I see him at the bar a lot. His beard is most impressive in person.
When you see Sage again, tell him to stop trying to shoehorn Shadowrun into other FPS.

Kimosabae

Banned
I like Jamie, but his leaving won't have anywhere near the impact Alex Seropian's departure did, IMO. That physics engine he took with him was a large part of what made the original game so incredible and that element of the series hasn't been the same since.

LQX

Kimosabae said:
I like Jamie, but his leaving won't have anywhere near the impact Alex Seropian's departure did, IMO. That physics engine he took with him was a large part of what made the original game so incredible and that element of the series hasn't been the same since.
That was YEARS ago.

Oozer3993

opticalmace said:
What did he do?

He put in a visual representation of a mechanic that has been in the Halo games since the beginning. To some Halo fans this is tantamount to him releasing a sex tape he made with their mothers.

That's not entirely accurate, but to hear the reaction of some fans you'd think he removed grenades or the ability to jump.

Hey You

Man alot of positions are appearing on Bungies Job Page. Either alot of people are leaving or they need alot of new staff.

Is their new universe really that bad? :S

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey You said:
Man alot of positions are appearing on Bungies Job Page. Either alot of people are leaving or they need alot of new staff.

Is their new universe really that bad? :S
They have a ton of staff, just senior members moving on.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Is there some sort of inner turmoil at Bungie or something?

Why would Jamie leave? A high profile resignation like this is usually not a good sign.

TheSeks

Cerrius said:
Why would Jamie leave?

Some people get tired of doing a job after a while. Surprise, they resign/leave.

I doubt there's some mass exodus of Bungie people because of the ATVI deal.

Top Bottom