• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jak & Daxter Trilogy PS Vita | June 2013 | $29.99 / €29.99

salromano

http://youtu.be/FJGgvLSuTco

Coming June 2013.

PlayStation Blog | PlayStation Blog Europe

PlayStation Blog said:
For you trophy seekers out there the trophy set isn’t shared with the PS3 version so that means there are three more Platinum trophies you can earn for your PSN ID via this portable collection.

These three classic titles are available together at the fantastic price of €29.99 / $29.99.

Takao said:
8659372195_7f670901d0_b.jpg

8659372145_ee10d53a56_b.jpg

8660472910_ee5a07b2a5_b.jpg

Takao

Banned
Last November Naughty Dog announced that the Jak and Daxter Trilogy would be making its PS3 debut. Hitting store shelves in February 2012, Naughty Dog’s beloved code received a faithful HD remake that made for a lot of happy fans and introduced newcomers to the treasured series.

We’re now pleased to announce we’re expanding the collection to the portable audience. Arriving in June, three of your favorite Jak and Daxter titles – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3 will be coming to PlayStation Vita as Jak and Daxter Trilogy.

The power of the PS Vita allows Jak and Daxter Trilogy to feature authentically reproduced graphics from the original games. If you’re a longtime fan you’ll instantly feel at home in the game world and new players will get to experience the world of Jak and Daxter for the first time via the cool new touch based applications of certain mini games throughout the collection. Holding these games in the palm of your hand has never been more exciting and responsive.

For you trophy seekers out there the trophy set isn’t shared with the PS3 version so that means there are three more Platinum trophies you can earn for your PSN ID via this portable collection.

We’ve been hard at work on this addition to the Jak and Daxter lineage and are excited to hear your hover board triumph stories as well as your trials and tribulations during your quests for more eco.

These three classic titles are available together at the fantastic price of €29.99 / $29.99.

Get ready for more updates over the coming months, including news on when you’ll be able to play the Jak and Daxter Trilogy on PS Vita for the first time!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/19/jak-and-daxter-trilogy-coming-to-ps-vita-in-june-2013/

Non-native res : /

jgmo870

Banned
Reduced pricing is nice but I'm still going to wait until it's closer to the price point the PS3 version is currently at.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That trailer was soooooooooo bad.

Looking forward to this assuming it runs okay since I haven't got around to playing the HD version on the PS3 yet.

Dragun619

I like that they confirmed it'll have a separate trophy list for the Vita. So maybe I'll double dip when it drops in price.

I haven't played any of these games.

Why is Jak 2 hated the most?
Because its darker in tone, harder and the hub world is less platforming focused and more GTA like. Also some of the minigames suck.

I dont think its hated the most, or well, I dont hate, its actually my favourite of the three. though the people that do hate it REALLY hate it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I do wonder how big is each game on the Vita. Kinda surprised they fit 3 games in one cartridge.

Ein Bear

Trailer looks a bit underwhelming, though didnt the PS3 collection have some technical shortcomings too? Sub-HD or something? I've heard the Jak games were quite tricky to port due to Naughty God sorcery in the originals.

What a shame, was interested until I saw the trailer now i'll wait and see what reviews are like for slowdown etc. Seems crazy/stupid to just release something like this with the issues that seem apparent from the trailer.

XaosWolf

"If you’re a longtime fan you’ll instantly feel at home in the game world and new players will get to experience the world of Jak and Daxter for the first time via the cool new touch based applications of certain mini games throughout the collection"
They just couldn't help themselves. =|

And I already bought this on PSN for PS3, so if there's no kind of crossplay as such, then it's a definite Nope.

TimmiT

I haven't played any of these games.

Why is Jak 2 hated the most?

It's incredibly tedious and it tries too hard to be dark and edgy. There are some good parts, but those are overshadowed by the bad.

I'm not going to bother with this unless it's cross-buy with the PS3 version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ouch at the screens :s
They couldn't do this native res ?
They couldn't do it at 1280x720 on PS3 either. That version was nowhere near as good as it should have been.

Considering how Naughty Dog coded these games I'm surprised they're able to get anything up and running on Vita, honestly.

rjc571

Banned
The Jak 3 footage in the trailer looked like a slideshow, hopefully that isn't indicative of the final product :\

Takao

Banned
I hope I can just buy the first game. It's the least demanding (so it shouldn't run like butt) and is the best IMO.

Top Bottom