• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing - The Best James Bond Game?

Aion002

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

I played soooo much. Definitely my favorite James Bond game.

Dream-Knife

Banned
No. The more "James Bond" they made the games, the less I liked them. Goldeneye was the best because it was a great game and it was it's own thing. I'd rank #2 as probably TWINE 64 as it just tried to copy Goldeneye but follow the movie closer. #3 I'd say is Nightfire.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
To me the number 1 always will be NightFire on GC because I spent so much time with my friends in local MP.
Number 2 is everything or nothing and N3 Goldeneye.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I remember I got this game as a christmas gift when I was younger. I had so much fun with it and should replay it sometime.

Valt7786

Easily the best Bond game. Goldeneye is an amazing game for its time, but other than the soundtrack it never really felt like a true bond game to me.
EoN was brilliant. That Cliff Diving set piece at the time was amazing and the game as a whole was pretty impressive looking.

Barakov

EoN is definitely my favorite. It combined the best elements of James Bond with being a fun game. I really have high hopes with what IO Interactive do with it.

RAIDEN1

I mean it is a no-brainer, why not make a Bond game in the ilk of Metal Gear Solid? Even throw in some Alpha Protocol and you could be onto a winner, but no....

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
nahh... but it is really good, probably the last worthy James Bond title.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
First Bronson voice appearance and likeness, bangee soundtrack and theme, and williem fuckin dafoe as the villain, yes, yes it was.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If there’s an N64 mini Goldeneye is on it, if there’s a GameCube mini everything or nothing isn’t on it.

nkarafo

It's Goldeneye. The only game based on a movie that became more popular than the movie itself.

Don't buy the "it hasn't aged well" nonsense. It's good levels are still good today (it's bad ones were always bad though). Graphics are still nice in some levels like Dam, Control, Bunker, Frigate, Aztec and Silo. It's one of the first games i remember that had fake shadows to simulate shadows being cast by the architecture. Enemies have funny idle animations. The weapons feel great, if you exclude the generic reload animation. Bullet hit detection is the best in FPS history. I love how the weapon moves independently from the camera. Controls are similar to modern shooters if you choose the correct scheme and hold the controller from the left side. Music is great.

Yes, the frame rate isn't great. But if you play the game on a decent emulator (m64p or Mupen64plus-next in RetroArch) you can play the game with improved frame rates. PJ64 even has overclocking options that allow for 60fps at all times (though the emulator itself needs a lot of configuration from the user).

Last edited:

Sygma

EoN is easily the best but Goldeneye literally redefined what multiplayer fps were on consoles in terms of standards. EoN had the most challenging coop and very strong mechanics overall ! and then after that EA Redwood which shifted into Visceral made that unknown game called Dead Space, good times

Last edited:

buenoblue

Loved all the james bond games and I'm a huge fan of the movies. Looking forward to io's james bond and the new movie.

Dream-Knife

Banned
It's Goldeneye. The only game based on a movie that became more popular than the movie itself.

Don't buy the "it hasn't aged well" nonsense. It's good levels are still good today (it's bad ones were always bad though). Graphics are still nice in some levels like Dam, Control, Bunker, Frigate, Aztec and Silo. It's one of the first games i remember that had fake shadows to simulate shadows being cast by the architecture. Enemies have funny idle animations. The weapons feel great, if you exclude the generic reload animation. Bullet hit detection is the best in FPS history. I love how the weapon moves independently from the camera. Controls are similar to modern shooters if you choose the correct scheme and hold the controller from the left side. Music is great.

Yes, the frame rate isn't great. But if you play the game on a decent emulator (m64p or Mupen64plus-next in RetroArch) you can play the game with improved frame rates. PJ64 even has overclocking options that allow for 60fps at all times (though the emulator itself needs a lot of configuration from the user).
Strangely enough I've experimented with 1.2 and holding the controller from the left side. It feels so wrong. I did manage to convert myself to 1.2 and using the C buttons in the last year though. Oddly in PD I still have to use the inverted stick. Must be how my brain is wired holding the N64 controller.

There's a package somewhere where it's already configured to deliver 60 fps with mouse aim. It runs great!

HE1NZ

Banned
Played it on Xbox. It controls kinda weird, feels like a cheap 6th gen game, didn't enjoy it all that much. Nightfire is probably a bit better.

nkarafo

There's a package somewhere where it's already configured to deliver 60 fps with mouse aim. It runs great!
Yeah but AFAIK, this package has an ancient 1964 emulator in it, which is hacked so it runs these games at 60fps. Not sure about what glitches it will have. Is it good for you? How about the sound?

Yeah but AFAIK, this package has an ancient 1964 emulator in it, which is hacked so it runs these games at 60fps. Not sure about what glitches it will have. Is it good for you? How about the sound?

Very smooth! I have only played the first 3 levels, but it runs very well, no sound issues or frame drops. I had to mess around a bit with the plugins to get the best experience, but I'm on a low end laptop and even then I can get full speed.

Top Bottom