• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jamie Foxx in talks to return as Electro

trikster40

Looks like Jamie Foxx is in talks to reprise his role as Electro for the upcoming Spider-Man 3. Sure, it’s got implications for a multiverse, but his character was awful.

According to IGN:
It's unclear whether Foxx's Electro will indeed be the very same version as the one he played in Amazing Spider-Man 2 or if, like Simmons' J. Jonah, he is a revamped version. If he is the same version then it looks like we're looking at a real multiverse, as opposed to that fake one Mysterio hoaxed people with. This line of thinking of course opens the door to everyone from Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Peter Parkers to Miles Morales or Gwen Stacy being able to show up.

EDIT: Looks like it’s a done deal. AND he won’t be blue.

https://www.ign.com/articles/jamie-foxx-said-mcus-electro-wont-be-blue-in-spider-man-3

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

teezzy

Banned
Sure, why not?

Mcu spidey licks balls anyhow, they somehow made the franchise worse than the Garfield ones. I havent even been able to sit through Homecoming in its entirety and I've read my fair share of spidey comics

At least the garfield movies had a cool suit and moments like this:

tumblr_n61fv95iQ91tog4uso5_250.gif

kunonabi

Glad I’m not the only person who thinks the Garfield version was superior .

The first Garfield film is still the only one that actually captures the character. He just got saddled with an abysmal sequel. I mean if you skip the opening plane scene and stop after the times Square battle you have a decent little Spider-Man short with an awful villain but the rest of the movie is such a dumpster fire.

Atrus

Gold Member
Just go ahead and do a full Sinister Six (Electro, Scorpion, Vulture, Mysterio, Doc Ock, and Lizard) with Kingpin pulling the strings aka. Sinister Seven and then introduce the Spiderverse with Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield returning as Spiderman alongside Miles Morales, Spiderman Noir, and Spider-Gwen.

If they're feeling it, throw in Tom Hardy as Venom so he can get his classic spider symbol.

Sure, why not?

Mcu spidey licks balls anyhow, they somehow made the franchise worse than the Garfield ones. I havent even been able to sit through Homecoming in its entirety and I've read my fair share of spidey comics

And Emma Stone..

*Sigh*

Add/edit: upon further inspection of the thread I noticed you already referenced the best thing about the Garfield movies.

Last edited:
He's a good actor, so under a competent director and not shite script, with no connection to the awful previous movie, he could be really great in the role.

I actually kind of like that he's getting a second stab at it, infact. The problems with that movie had nothing to do with the three main character's casting, after all.

Hell, if they want to bring back Andrew Garfield for a cameo and fold Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen into the MCU proper, I'd be delighted.

I'd be down for a multiverse. Garfield got fucked over, I think he deserves at least some closure with that role. He's a great actor, as is Fox, ASM2 just was a corporate shitshow.

For anyone who missed them, check out Silence and Hacksaw Ridge to see just how great of actor Garfield is.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Sure, why not?

No one actually thinks this, do they?

Nymphae

Banned
He was one of the worst on screen Spider-man villains from what I remember. Just didn't feel or look like the character to me.

I just remembered the scene in SM Homecoming where the white Shocker disappoints the Vulture, so he kills him on the spot and gives his gloves to the adjacent black guy and says you're the Shocker now. I think I actually laughed out loud at that in the theatre lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They’ll figure it out bro Spider-Man lore is bananas (venom, marry Jane, nyc etc.) it’ll be fine expecting it to be better than the last is crazy more Spider-Man is on the way and that’s a good thing

I think there's almost no chance that it's literally the same Electro as the ASM universe. They're doing what they did with JJJ in that the actor is playing a new MCU version of Electro.

Top Bottom