• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan Nintendo Power thread (TMNT Wii Game from Smash and ex-Team Ninja devs)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What

New TMNT Wii game - more details
December 10th, 2008

-published by Ubisoft
-official development started Jan. 2008
-concept started Oct. 2007
-to be released in Sept. 2009
-2.5D Fighter
-Interactive Stages
-4 player versus
-Story Mode
-Battle Royal
-Tournament
-Winner Stays
-Loser Stays
-Practice
-Unlockable Characters
-Unlockable Stages
-Online aspects said to be better than Brawl implementation
-Each character is color coded with glowing effect to make 4-player battles easy to follow

“While this is a licensed game, it’s not tied to any movie or TV show…for this game to succeed on its own it needs to be a great game.” - Ubisoft producer

Thanks to travisf for the heads up!

lol what is this source

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_general_board/b8263/174749859/r174751695/

Azure J

Holy fucking shit! :O

I heard about the game already, but this is the first time I'm seeing the details on everything. Could this be the new gen Turtles in Time?

Hive

Banned
I'm always paying close attention to the TMNT projects that are coming up or being brought up as possibilities, and let me just say that there are MANY influential people in various industries looking to utilize the Ninja Turtles brand~

Now if only someone would greenlight a rated-R film and call it
"Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

Sciz

AzureJericho said:

I heard about the game already, but this is the first time I'm seeing the details on everything. Could this be the new gen Turtles in Time?
More like TMNT V: Tournament Fighters.

Oh well, this could be neat anyway. Probably won't have a TiT-class soundtrack, though. :(

dibs on raph

ps: can't find the source

edit: okay, found it. says "some of the folks who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and former members of Tecmo's famed Team Ninja."

Chumly

EmCeeGramr said:
dibs on raph

Uh there might be a scan if u start looking through go nintendo.

I dont want to get banned

I hope its as awesome as it sounds it could be

SilverLunar said:
.....A fighting game?
>_>

*leaves*

I know right. It should have been an FPS game, or a pizza cooking sim. Why make a fighting game based on the TMNT? It's not like the turtles fight or anything.

Also, anyone's excitement level drop when you saw the name Ubi Soft attached to it? It was like flying in the air, and then getting knocked back down to earth by a jumbo jet.

EmCeeGramr said:
dibs on raph

edit: okay, found it. says "some of the folks who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl and "former members of Tecmo's famed Team Ninja."
I got Dibs on Mike

Azure J

Sciz said:
More like TMNT V: Tournament Fighters.

Oh well, this could be neat anyway. Probably won't have a TiT-class soundtrack, though. :(

Whoops, forgot my turtles games for a second there. Still, as someone who pours hours into Brawl daily, color me interested. (Better online implementation sounds oh so good.)

Edit - I got Donatello! :lol

Who on GAF has the issue? We need the monthly summary thread stat!

There's also supposed to be a Sonic and the Black Knight preview, knowing NP, we might get some new info! They did get the exclusive unveiling. ;)

Hive said:
Now if only someone would greenlight a rated-R film and call it
"Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
There wouldn't be any need for it to be an R rated film. The comic books weren't really that risqué or violent. All that's needed is a script that stays true to the original source material and avoids concepts related to any of the billion spin offs TMNT has had. Top it off with a good director who has enough respect for the material to do it justice and not tool around with it too much and it wouldn't matter if it was PG or PG-13.

iby.h said:
I got the issue, what do you want to know besides Sonic?

Great, thanks for offering the summary!

What else of interest is in the issue?

Edit: Scores would be a good start, try making a new thread for the issue...

Unless this will be the thread. :p

GrotesqueBeauty said:
There wouldn't be any need for it to be an R rated film. The comic books weren't really that risqué or violent. All that's needed is a script that stays true to the original source material and avoids concepts related to any of the billion spin offs TMNT has had. Top it off with a good director who has enough respect for the material to do it justice and not tool around with it too much and it wouldn't matter if it was PG or PG-13.

It won't satisfy people until they see the turtles blowing up hookers, fighting topless roller skating nuns, and seeing Shredder rape April.

Cow Mengde said:
I know right. It should have been an FPS game, or a pizza cooking sim. Why make a fighting game based on the TMNT? It's not like the turtles fight or anything.
I just HATE fighting games that's all. Not that I wanted it something else or anything.
Entered here out of coriousity.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Hero of Legend said:
Great, thanks for offering the summary!

What else of interest is in the issue?

Edit: Scores would be a good start, try making a new thread for the issue...

Unless this will be the thread. :p

Sonic
ima spoiler tag them just incase
Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are bosses in the game, they are part of a round table, once you beat them they become your friend. Looks like they are playable as well, though this is optional. each environment has about 6 to 9 missions. looks like there is 3 fighting styles to choose from. Cavalier style = speed. Paladin style = Strength or Knight Style = a balance of both. you can get new skills, like in Secret rings. I dont know if this is new or not, I haven't been keeping up with this game.

Reviews -

RB2 Wii = 9
Skate it Wii = 6, DS = 5.5
POP The fallen King DS = 7
Quantum of Solace DS = 6, Wii = 5
Elebits DS = 7
Rune Factory 2 DS = 7
Call of Duty 5 Wii = 8
Tony hawks motion DS = 4
Retro Game Challenge = 8
Guitar Hero ON tour DS = 7
Big Bang Mini = 8.5

Ill update in a lil bit, gotta go pick up someone real quick

New TMNT Wii game - more details
December 10th, 2008

-published by Ubisoft
-official development started Jan. 2008
-concept started Oct. 2007
-to be released in Sept. 2009
-2.5D Fighter
-Interactive Stages
-4 player versus
-Story Mode
-Battle Royal
-Tournament
-Winner Stays
-Loser Stays
-Practice
-Unlockable Characters
-Unlockable Stages
-Online aspects said to be better than Brawl implementation
-Each character is color coded with glowing effect to make 4-player battles easy to follow

“While this is a licensed game, it’s not tied to any movie or TV show…for this game to succeed on its own it needs to be a great game.” - Ubisoft producer

Thanks to travisf for the heads up!
Holy shit.

DO WANT!

Epcott

:D I don't believe it, I want to see pictures!

Seriously, do you mean it's a Brawl type game, or do you mean members from Brawl development are on board?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My love for Smash, TMNT IV: TiT and that fighting game for the SNES makes me eager with anticipation.

Then I saw Ubishit. :(

Minsc

Gold Member
AzureJericho said:

Wish it was :(

I'm certainly looking forward to this one. I loved the Ninja Turtles as a kid. I always thought Raphael was pretty cool, but rude. Michelangelo, on the other hand, could best be described as a party dude.

Penguin

Its like Smash Bros
Has online
Includes Ninja Turtles...

If this was a vs Power Rangers game, I would be in geek heaven. :lol

iby.h said:
Sonic
ima spoiler tag them just incase
Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are bosses in the game, they are part of a round table, once you beat them they become your friend. Looks like they are playable as well, though this is optional. each environment has about 6 to 9 missions. looks like there is 3 fighting styles to choose from. Cavalier style = speed. Paladin style = Strength or Knight Style = a balance of both. you can get new skills, like in Secret rings. I dont know if this is new or not, I haven't been keeping up with this game.

Reviews -

RB2 Wii = 9
Skate it Wii = 6, DS = 5.5
POP The fallen King DS = 7
Quantum of Solace DS = 6, Wii = 5
Elebits DS = 7
Rune Factory 2 DS = 7
Call of Duty 5 Wii = 8
Tony hawks motion DS = 4
Retro Game Challenge = 8
Guitar Hero ON tour DS = 7
Big Bang Mini = 8.5

Ill update in a lil bit, gotta go pick up someone real quick

Thanks a bunch!

What is RB2 again?

And is that all of what was said of Black Knight? Were there new screens? Specifically of
Shadow and Blaze
, as well of these fighting styles?

The above spoiler (the only story thing in the above paragraph) is just of the bosses, but they're nothing surprising, one is of whom we already knew was going to be in the game.

Ydahs

Hero of Legend said:
Thanks a bunch!

What is RB2 again?

And is that all of what was said of Black Knight? Were there new screens? Specifically of
Shadow and Blaze
, as well of these fighting styles?

The above spoiler (the only story thing in the above paragraph) is just of the bosses, but they're nothing surprising, one is of whom we already knew was going to be in the game.
RB2 = Rockband 2

phalestine

aka iby.h
I AM JOHN! said:
Fuck me, Sonic sounds idiotic.

What do they say about these, if you don't mind?

POP = if you like the original side-scroller you will like this one. on controls they say "Moving the Prince around with the stylus is so intuitive that it almost feels too simple sometimes". on Graphics " ...fairly simple, and the big-headed character artwork seems a little cartoony compare to the overall tone of the series"

Tony hawk - basically the tilt motion is too sluggish and unresponsive, they like the idea and wish activision would continue but with a much better effort next time.

Top Bottom