• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan Nintendo Power thread (TMNT Wii Game from Smash and ex-Team Ninja devs)

antispin

Someone clarifty please: a fighter like Streets of Rage/TMNT of yore, or one like MK vs. DC? Will adjust hype accordingly (in favour of the former).

Penguin

antispin said:
Someone clarifty please: a fighter like Streets of Rage/TMNT of yore, or one like MK vs. DC? Will adjust hype accordingly (in favour of the former).

I'm still under the impression... a fighter akin to Smash Brothers... I assume with an actual health meter instead of the knock out system.

Teknoman

antispin said:

Jump TMNT superstars

Or

Super Teenage Mutant Smash Brothers

Take your pick.

D-Pad

Pimpbaa said:
Of course something like this gets announced AFTER I sell my wii.

Maybe if enough people sell their Wii, Square Enix will announce Crystal Bearer's release date! :O Go, go, GO!

Rlan

I AM JOHN! said:
EDIT: what the fuck, there's Blaze fanboys? Jesus, now I've seen everything.

Aside from Cream the Rabbit fans, and I REALLY don't wanna see that.

Eh, out of all the stupid new friends that have popped up in the Sonic Universe over the past 8 or so years, she's probably the best. Mostly because she played almost exactly like Sonic, but have minor differences in speed, jump and distance that playing both was actually quite fun in Sonic Rush.

Heard she was garbage in STH Nextgen. And with the announcement of new playable characters, the cycle continues on! :lol

Nathan Rain said:
TMNT Bralwer = YAY
TMNT Fighter = NAY

Seriously though, didn't they learn with Tournament Fighters?

Garbage.

Did you only play the Genesis or NES TMNT Tournament Fighters games or something? Because otherwise, you're wrong. SNES Tournament Fighters is a great game, and is quite possibly one of the better fighting games on the SNES... it is weird that the other two were so poor, but at least one was great. :)

If done right (ie not like Mutant Melee), a new TMNT fighting game could potentially be good... or not, we'll see. But it's TMNT so I'm interested either way.

Rlan said:
Eh, out of all the stupid new friends that have popped up in the Sonic Universe over the past 8 or so years, she's probably the best. Mostly because she played almost exactly like Sonic, but have minor differences in speed, jump and distance that playing both was actually quite fun in Sonic Rush.

Heard she was garbage in STH Nextgen. And with the announcement of new playable characters, the cycle continues on! :lol
Nope, we knew about other optional characters from the beginning. Hell, they confirmed Knux to have 2 swords and Shadow to have his boots (in some manner) a pretty long time ago back when it was revealed.

This game has never followed "the Sonic Cycle". :D
I AM JOHN! said:

WTF, you dont think Blaze is bad ass? Damn . . . first for me.

justchris

I AM JOHN! said:

Walk very slowly away from this topic. That way be furries.

markatisu

Link said:
Hahaha, I'm gonna go with no.

The bigger question is will Ubisoft phone it in and just port down or make a crappy release on Wii or (if its confirmed to be multiplatform, still has not been confirmed) will they put forth the effort they did for games like Shaun White which has gotten higher reviews for the Wii version since they actually spent time and money to develop it

Teknoman said:
Jump TMNT superstars

Or

Super Teenage Mutant Smash Brothers

Take your pick.
There are a a lot of shittily designed characters from the Archie comic series that I'd love to see in a game.

Toss in a little bit of everything please. The original, the Archie cartoon spin off with the Mighty Mutanimals the Conservation Corps, and a mulitude of other badass, and so completely retarded characters, the cartoons, hell even do some movie based. You can get distinctive art styles from each.

Hahaha, I've got a huge fanboy prodding Smash Brothers knock off in my head right now... and it tastes delicious.

antispin

Thunder Monkey said:
There are a a lot of shittily designed characters from the Archie comic series that I'd love to see in a game.

Toss in a little bit of everything please. The original, the Archie cartoon spin off with the Mighty Mutanimals the Conservation Corps, and a mulitude of other badass, and so completely retarded characters, the cartoons, hell even do some movie based. You can get distinctive art styles from each.

Hahaha, I've got a huge fanboy prodding Smash Brothers knock off in my head right now... and it tastes delicious.

I had something similar running through my head but I'd really prefer a brawler underneath than a smash brotheresque setup. Something akin to Castle Crashers but with our ninja dudes.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
markatisu said:
The bigger question is will Ubisoft phone it in and just port down or make a crappy release on Wii or (if its confirmed to be multiplatform, still has not been confirmed) will they put forth the effort they did for games like Shaun White which has gotten higher reviews for the Wii version since they actually spent time and money to develop it
I would have usually said "Ubisoft? Good Wii port? hahahahahahahahahahahaa" But then Shaun White happened.

Er....Go Ubi? Did I just say that? Christ.

Please be good, TMNT <3

Firestorm

Regulus Tera said:
Wait, so this is actually gonna be worked on by people from Sora Ltd?

I wonder if Sakurai is involved in this one. O=
That isn't how it works. Sora isn't a development company. It's Sakurai. The Smash team was just a mishmash of Game Arts, HAL, and god knows who else. Sora is just the name given to Sakurai's freelance company afaik.

Anyway, drool drool etc etc if this is a TMNT beat 'em up.

R-iZZy

Neo Member
Huge TMNT fan here. I'm hoping that this game, as wishful as this thinking is, is based on the original Mirage comics or at least try to imitate its darker roots. It's not based on any of the games or movies, which is gonna be AWESOME, considering the more expanded roster this game could have. Leatherhead, Baxter Stockman, Rat King, Karai; the possibilities are limitless.

duckroll

Firestorm said:
Anyway, drool drool etc etc if this is a TMNT beat 'em up.

It's not. It's a 4 player Smash clone fighting game. We don't know what "some guys that worked on smash" and "some guys from Team Ninja" even mean. And it's Ubisoft. I dunno, no reason to get hyped for any reason honestly.

test_account

XP-39C²
Pity that this game isnt a side scrolling beat em' up like Turtles in Time :\ But i think that a fighting game like Smash Brothers Brawl with Turtles characters might be cool too! :)

phalestine

aka iby.h
duckroll said:
It's not. It's a 4 player Smash clone fighting game. We don't know what "some guys that worked on smash" and "some guys from Team Ninja" even mean. And it's Ubisoft. I dunno, no reason to get hyped for any reason honestly.

No idea who some guys from team ninja might be, but when they refer to some of the folks who worked on smash bros, they are referring to Game Arts. I was really hoping after SSBB Game Arts would do another Grandia, the announcement of this game doesnt really mean they arent, but who knows.

NTom64

Rlan said:

Blaze was actually the best Amigo character in 06, gameplay wise.

KevinCow

Banned
God's Beard said:
fbvp5v.jpg
Holy shit, a TMNT/Power Rangers crossover game would be awesome. Original Power Rangers, of course. With the Dinozords and whatnot.

Eteric Rice

God damn it Ubisoft.

If this is good, I will buy.

But I still will probably forever hate you.

KevinCow said:
Holy shit, a TMNT/Power Rangers crossover game would be awesome. Original Power Rangers, of course. With the Dinozords and whatnot.

jizz.gif

dacuk

Cow Mengde said:
I know right. It should have been an FPS game, or a pizza cooking sim. Why make a fighting game based on the TMNT? It's not like the turtles fight or anything.

Actually, SNES TMNT Tournament Fighters (from Konami) was one of the best fighting games on the console (not far from Capcom and SNK/Takara games)

95_8.JPG

duckroll said:

I hope it is not the same "some guy from Virtua Fighter team worked on Fight 4 Life for Atari Jaguar" crap.

batbeg

Rpgmonkey said:
Valkyrie Profile, DQV, ARF, Avalon Code, FE, and Sands of Destruction are my best guesses, maybe Fragile too.

ToH, TalesWii, and DQIX are my other guesses, since the latter two should have gotten some notable publicity by the end of Dec. Barring any other soon-to-be announced games.

What happened with that Winds of Nolstagia game?

Will be a beautiful month. So many things for me to look forward to :D
Crystal Bearers? ...please?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
daCuk said:
Actually, SNES TMNT Tournament Fighters (from Konami) was one of the best fighting games on the console (not far from Capcom and SNK/Takara games)

95_8.JPG

so much awesomeness... i hope wingnut makes the cut, as well as rat king

I hope it is not the same "some guy from Virtua Fighter team worked on Fight 4 Life for Atari Jaguar" crap.

why'd you have to poison this thread with that crap?

daCuk said:

95_8.JPG

I was being sarcastic. I love TMNT:TF. I even tried to make my own sequel using mugen, but my complete absolute lack of talent and computer skills failed me.

duckroll

iby.h said:
No idea who some guys from team ninja might be, but when they refer to some of the folks who worked on smash bros, they are referring to Game Arts. I was really hoping after SSBB Game Arts would do another Grandia, the announcement of this game doesnt really mean they arent, but who knows.

Is it confirmed in the article that Game Arts is working on this, or are you just guessing?

Top Bottom