• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Final Fantasy XV ATR set for 1/30 at 8PM PST, subtitled in English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already been stated, but yeah remember to temper your expectations for tonight. We won't get any sort of substantial info blowout /new trailer.

Hopefully we at least get....

1. A closer look at the near final combat system, how magic works, different combat modes etc..
2. PS4 console footage, or perhaps a mention on how the graphics/IQ/performance all compare to Duscae.

Confirmation date of the March event and what kind of event it will be would also be nice.
Keep on preaching Lord M_Night

I actually run around Duscae showing my 4 year old nephew the wildlife.

He really likes the dinosaurs and watching me run from the Behemoth. Of course I don't fight them or anything and just give him a scenic tour of the creatures. (especially the chocobos).

Whenever he comes over he asks me "can we play that dinosaur game" haha.

Nice. Yeah, I showed him Duscae (he even learned to say "catoblepas"). He's played Suikoden with me, but the realism of something like XV makes the violence a lot less abstract. Obviously it's no God of War or MG:R or anything, but still.

Fou-Lu

Already been stated, but yeah remember to temper your expectations for tonight. We won't get any sort of substantial info blowout /new trailer.

1. A closer look at the near final combat system, how magic works, different combat modes etc..
2. PS4 console footage, or perhaps a mention on how the graphics/IQ/performance all compare to Duscae.

Confirmation date of the March event and what kind of event it will be would also be nice.

But I mean, even if we got that I would be incredibly happy. That feels like an info blowout to me.

But I mean, even if we got that I would be incredibly happy. That feels like an info blowout to me.

That just a small nugget of info for the majority, me included ( much appreaciated for the hardcore ) . But some misinformed people pop up expecting trailers, release date and so on which annoys me to no end.

Go_Ly_Dow

That just a small nugget of info for the majority, me included ( much appreaciated for the hardcore ) . But some misinformed people pop up expecting trailers, release date and so on which annoys me to no end.

Release date pls I want to believe

7HwOb8U.gif

Don't stay up until 4am or even wake up at 4am on a Sunday. Just watch the ATR in the next morning, while eating breakfast. That is my plan at least.

theofficefan99

Wait so the ATR is in about 8.5 hours... but isn't the game show today? Isn't that supposed to also feature new XV stuff separate from the ATR? When's that happening?

Brentonp

I actually run around Duscae showing my 4 year old nephew the wildlife.

He really likes the dinosaurs and watching me run from the Behemoth. Of course I don't fight them or anything and just give him a scenic tour of the creatures. (especially the chocobos).

Whenever he comes over he asks me "can we play that dinosaur game" haha.

Dude, my son begs for me to play episode duscae a lot! Most of the time he will point to the icon on the PS4 and say, "elephant!" because that's what he calls the Garulas. But he also loves seeing the "dinosaur" and the "monster" (behemoth). He's obsessed with that dang demo.

theofficefan99

I wish I could get a release date already, because I want to know approx. how much money I'm going to have to waste on games to distract me until its release.

Mortemis

Banned

Wait, we're expecting footage? I thought they'll just get on their table and talk about the new combat and magic.

Dude, my son begs for me to play episode duscae a lot! Most of the time he will point to the icon on the PS4 and say, "elephant!" because that's what he calls the Garulas. But he also loves seeing the "dinosaur" and the "monster" (behemoth). He's obsessed with that dang demo.

Not a bad way to make young ones into new FF fans, if I don't say so myself. No doubt, in years, they'll look back at those experiences fondly like many of us do regarding our earlier gaming experiences. Not a bad thing at all.

To tell you the truth, the only reason I got into the FF series was because, back when the original was being shown in Nintendo Power, I thought the fact sprites can shoot magic in battles was "cool". "Look, that little guy(sprite) is lifiting his hands and a little bolt of lightning or burst of flames shoots out! That's soooo cool!!! I want this game!!!!).

theofficefan99

I have college for that.

A summer release is what I am hoping for. A lot more time to actually devote to it.

Well I mean I have college too, but even that, plus work, plus going out on weekends... isn't enough. It's either the computer or an hour or two of games whenever I have the chance. And I need a game to play so I avoid the computer.

Well I mean I have college too, but even that, plus work, plus going out on weekends... isn't enough. It's either the computer or an hour or two of games whenever I have the chance. And I need a game to play so I avoid the computer.

Ah got ya. I feel like the Witness could be a good one for that one to two hour gaming time. You can do a few puzzles and put it down.

I have been playing it when I can find the time, which is sadly extremely rare, but it is pretty awesome.

Brentonp

I wonder if there is a gambit like system for the other party members.

Already answered on the official forums that there will not be gambits per se. Maybe something similar but much more basic though?

"We have created a system for FFXV where the player can decide the battle style that they and their comrades use, although this takes a different form to the gambits in FFXII. This will be revealed at some point in the future so look out for further information."

Maniel

Banned
Huh, so there's actually something to get hyped about.

Why is everyone expecting nothing then and saying to temper expectations? New footage is definitely worth some hype.

We've done this song and dance so many times that we know better than to get hyped.

Huh, so there's actually something to get hyped about.

Why is everyone expecting nothing then and saying to temper expectations? New footage is definitely worth some hype.

1) don't expect a trailer.
2) don't expect a release date.

If you follow these two rules you'll be fine.

Already answered on the official forums that there will not be gambits per se. Maybe something similar but much more basic though?

"We have created a system for FFXV where the player can decide the battle style that they and their comrades use, although this takes a different form to the gambits in FFXII. This will be revealed at some point in the future so look out for further information."

Don't believe Ondore's lies!!

I've never been disappointed with an ATR or found them uninteresting. Hearing Tabata talk about this game we have been anxiously waiting for is always entertaining.

While they are insightful, they can be pretty hit or miss. I'm just excited to see how the combat has changed since Episode Duscae ~ hopefully for the better.

Also, Magic will be shown. Something other than Fire would be really appreciated. Cure perhaps? Protect? Shell? Haste? Is there even going to be White Magic in FFXV? These are the questions that linger in my mind.

Mortemis

Banned
1) don't expect a trailer.
2) don't expect a release date.

If you follow these two rules you'll be fine.

Why would people expect that in the first place. I don't think we've ever gotten trailers from ATRs, and they said they'll give the release date in March.

Let them get disappointed, they deserve it.

wmlk

Why would people expect that in the first place. I don't think we've ever gotten trailers from ATRs, and they said they'll give the release date in March.

Let them get disappointed, they deserve it.

Yep.

Misinformed people are misinformed. There's no saving that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom