• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Final Fantasy XV ATR set for 1/30 at 8PM PST, subtitled in English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentonp

I just wanna chill with my Chocobos at the campfire :3

tumblr_nuww8y1gMn1qmmy1mo1_r1_500.gif

Just noticed that Noctis is looking all bummed out here and not socializing with his bros.

What's the chance of us getting a set release date out of this ATR? Probably not until the March event right?

Excited to see some new FFXV footage. Tomorrow will be one of those rare days where I actually want to wake up early.

I kinda hope that, either at this ATR or at the March event, that they'll announce that this PC version they keep showing will also be released.

TheTux

I kinda hope that, either at this ATR or at the March event, that they'll announce that this PC version they keep showing will also be released.

They'll probably announce that some time after the game's release on console imo. It wouldn't make sense for them to say "We're releasing the console version and after a few months a PC version".

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've managed to temper my hype. I wasn't half as angered by previous lackluster showings as some of my fellow GAFfers, but still... with March being touted as a big deal, I'm just not sure what we should expect from January 30th.

Taipei has a display, but it could very well be a whole lot of nothing. Wouldn't be the first time~ ~ ~

Balls

Banned
I'm pretty sure they're just gonna show the same thing from the Tapei Show. They'll probably flesh out the information more but otherwise I think it'll pretty much be the same info.

Jigolo

I love PC gamers. No ones begs for ports more than the Master Race. By far and away the biggest port beggars. Always on their knees

I'm pretty sure they're just gonna show the same thing from the Tapei Show. They'll probably flesh out the information more but otherwise I think it'll pretty much be the same info.

According to the FF XV twitter the content they will show at Taipei is different from the content of the ATR.

While not exactly XV related, the World of Final Fantasy stream comes on an hour after the XV Taipei Game Show stream

world-of-final-fantasf8sn1.jpg

Amazing picture.

Turin

Banned
I've managed to temper my hype. I wasn't half as angered by previous lackluster showings as some of my fellow GAFfers, but still... with March being touted as a big deal, I'm just not sure what we should expect from January 30th.

Taipei has a display, but it could very well be a whole lot of nothing. Wouldn't be the first time~ ~ ~

I do the same but anxiety for this games release comes in waves for people. It won't stop until the deed is finally done.

I wonder how it's going to feel for everyone once it's finally over and the dragon is slain. A dragon that's been occupying this mountain of discontent for nearly 10 years.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

They're going to wait until everyone's spent $60 at retail and then announce a late port. Tabata already said the focus is the console versions so it would be awesome if people remembered that for now.

Koozek

Ah, just relax, guys. Why would you expect something mind-blowing tonight? It'll be a small appetizer for March. The surprise effect would have been bigger, though, if we didn't get the new screenshots already last week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ah, just relax, guys. Why would you expect something mind-blowing tonight? It'll be a small appetizer for March. The surprise effect would have been bigger, though, if we didn't get the new screenshots already last week.

They're probably going to show a couple clips and announce when exactly in March the release event is. And go over the new screenshots/magazine info that was out. That's all anyone should expect.

Koozek

They're probably going to show a couple clips and announce when exactly in March the release event is. And go over the new screenshots/magazine info that was out. That's all anyone should expect.

And we'll apparently see the villain for the first time if what they announced at the TGS ATR is still valid.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I do the same but anxiety for this games release comes in waves for people. It won't stop until the deed is finally done.

I wonder how it's going to feel for everyone once it's finally over and the dragon is slain. A dragon that's been occupying this mountain of discontent for nearly 10 years.

It'll feel both cathartic and wholly underwhelming, simultaneously, I think.

The game itself will be good. I believe that. Or at the very least it'll be decent. But any of us who have been waiting for Noctis for a decade will not know quite how to feel after that final boss, not for a while. For me personally, I think it'll take a couple of years before I will be able to look at FFXV as a video game released in 2016 and not the expression of a core set of ideas established in 2006.

And mind you, I totally subscribe to the analysis that the game we are getting later this year is more of a 2012-13 gig than a 2006 one. We all know, deep down inside, that the old Versus was morphed and development only began a few years ago. But I can't be entirely objective. I was 17 when this character was first shown and I will be 28 when I play his game. I'm gonna need some time to let it all sink in.

Brentonp

And we'll apparently see the villain for the first time if what they announced at the TGS ATR is still valid.

I'm expecting this to be the greatest event in YouTube history and the content so juicy that our minds can't even begin to fathom it. Anything less and I'll feel incredibly let down but I know that's highly unlikely.

Koozek

What if they Hashimoto us but in a positive way this time around. This ATR is to announce that the March event IS the release of the game.

Let's assume this impossible scenario would come true, I honestly wouldn't be happy at all. First, I still don't have a PS4 and wouldn't be able to afford one right now and second, there's no way it wouldn't turn out to be unpolished as hell this early.

They need to show the hooded guy so my friend will shut up about his lame endless joke that it's secretly Lightning.

Well as long as the jokes don't end up as truth then it will be worth it :lol

But he has to be like the main badguy right? I want to go in blind on that much at least

I do hope we get to see Pink-hair guy again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom