• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January US Playstation+ games leaked (Don't Starve, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, Brothers)

lucius

Darn already have Infinite, I will take Don't Starve and Brothers though, never heard of the Vita games.

do people seriously not just add everything tp the cart that's free and purchase them? people are saying I'll get this, this, and this. they are free people, just add them all and be done with it

AllenShrz

This backlash against Bioshock saddens me.

Deserved.

Is not terrible, but is definitely not that good.

Convoluted idiotic story, non fun gun play, great first 20 min and the rest not so much, moronic audio logs, etc, etc, etc... Letdown of the year.

That PS4 game is a big disappointment, but I guess it's not like there is much else to put up yet.

Entitled gamer right here.

wizzbang

Banned
I'm not a big Bioshock fan but WHAT?
Brothers isn't that like.. only a few months old? Bioshock isn't that old and heralded by many and DmC - well I love it but I do understand a lot of people hated onit

That PS3 list seems nuts to me for 1 month, makes no sense?

jayu26

I'm not a big Bioshock fan but WHAT?
Brothers isn't that like.. only a few months old? Bioshock isn't that old and heralded by many and DmC - well I love it but I do understand a lot of people hated onit

That PS3 list seems nuts to me for 1 month, makes no sense?

To me the whole PS+ thing still don't make any sense...

That and Steam.

I really need to finish BS1 so o can sell my Infinite disk before it's value plummets. I ain't even mad that one of the free games is the game I've already beaten.

Remf

Luckily I haven't played any of these so I'll definitely download all of the ps4 & ps3 games (don't have a vita). Lol, I swear I've become a ps+ hoarder. Have so many games, but hardly have any time to play them. Damn responsibilities....

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
do people seriously not just add everything tp the cart that's free and purchase them? people are saying I'll get this, this, and this. they are free people, just add them all and be done with it
Ultimately I 'buy' almost everything, but I highlight what I really want to play or intend on trying. I suspect that's how a lot of people operate with these threads.

viveks86

For those who are still wondering if this is for real, Shu has pretty much confirmed it!

aditya ponugonti ‏@AdityaPonugonti 2h
The @PlayStation Plus line up for Jan '14 is legen.....dary! Bioshock Infinite, DMC and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for free! @yosp

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 2h
@AdityaPonugonti @PlayStation :D
8:19 PM - 25 Dec 13 · Details

What was the next PS+ game for PS4? They announced 3 at E3 with one being Don't Starve and another being The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (unless that was announced somewhere else) which is for March. Can't remember the other one.

Eusis

I got Bioshock Infinite on PC, got Move, and didn't really want to rebuy just for Move controls, so this is perfect.

Don't Starve was expected, Brothers means I don't need to bother on a Steam sale, and DmC, uhh, I guess I can get DMC4 sometime and have the whole series on PS3 I guess, though I got that on PC too.

Speevy

Banned
I played Brothers earlier this year. That's a great game.

Can't wait for Don't Starve, since I'm well...starving for PS4 games.

wizzbang

Banned
To me the whole PS+ thing still don't make any sense...

That and Steam.

I'm fucking positive when they dominate the market again (and they will) the PS+ price will go up, the quantity of free games will go down.
Honestly at the current pricing it's basically too good to be true.

Hydrargyrus

Bioshock and Brothers??

Wow, pretty better than the EU PSN+. And there are 3 games instead the 2 games from the european PSN+

I hope we recieve these games in february, at least.

What was the next PS+ game for PS4? They announced 3 at E3 with one being Don't Starve and another being The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (unless that was announced somewhere else) which is for March. Can't remember the other one.

Outlast?
There is also Secret Ponchos, but that is coming in April.

viveks86

I think it was Secret Ponchos but The Binding of Issac: Rebirth might have been announced at Gamescom. I know it wouldn't be Outlast since it's already out on PC.

Outlast was announced at E3. Don't know if things have changed since.

The Instant Game Collection will extend to PS4 along with online gameplay. One digital title is going to be rotated each month – this includes three of the new digital games that were introduced during E3 press conference yesterday: Don’t Starve, Outlast, and Secret Ponchos.
http://www.gamingcypher.com/ps4-playstation-plus-required-for-multiplayer-games/

gdt

Ok i got a question. My brother recently bought a Ps3, and he lives literally in the next room over. If i add my account to his ps3, will he have access to my purchased digital content, and my PS+ games? Can we play at the same time?

Lemstar

Ok i got a question. My brother recently bought a Ps3, and he lives literally in the next room over. If i add my account to his ps3, will he have access to my purchased digital content, and my PS+ games? Can we play at the same time?
Account licenses can be active on two consoles simultaneously, so that'll work. Your brother can play games installed with your account on his own account for trophies, too.

Ok i got a question. My brother recently bought a Ps3, and he lives literally in the next room over. If i add my account to his ps3, will he have access to my purchased digital content, and my PS+ games?
Yes, as long as your profile stays on his system and you have a spare PS3 activation under your PSN account for his PS3.
Can we play at the same time?
Yes, but on different PSN accounts. One PSN account cannot be logged in on 2 PS3 systems at the same time.

I'm fucking positive when they dominate the market again (and they will) the PS+ price will go up, the quantity of free games will go down.

I'd agree but there's no reason to belive that. People have been saying PS+ would degrade for years yet it's only been getting better. Sure, PS4 selection woll be slow at first but in a year or so we should start seeing full fledged games on it. As is, I'm actually quite impressed that Sony is offering something PS4 related, and some great games to boot (unless you somehow hate indies)

Remember Ken Levine and all that pillow talk about making a game for Vita...
perhaps some free Bioshock will help us forget.

This list seems really too good to be true. It amazes me how much effort Sony goes through to make PS+ a valuable service. If you have invested in all 3 platforms it's almost foolish not to have it.

IndustryX

Awesome selection I really wanna try brothers and I've been intrigued by DmC but didn't want to buy it so this works out, I played and beat infinite on PC at full 1080p and a solid framerate so I'm definitely gonna pass on a technically inferior version this time around but none the less an amazing game that everyone who hasn't played should one hundred percent check out, placed it #4 on my goty list behind TLOU, GTAV and LoZALBW.

Cybexx

Neo Member
Those PS3 games were included in a lot of Game of the Year lists so that is pretty sweet for anyone who missed them. I'll totally try playing Don't Stave on PS4.

hesido

Amazing, I'm getting a PS3 soon.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but one can be a plus member without owning a PS3, so if a good deal comes up, you may subscribe a couple of months before you actually get a PS3 :) Esp. during 12+3 months free deals are ones to watch.

So glad to see Don't Starve is nearly here. I've been resisting the PC version so I could get this on PS4. I already caved on Rogue Legacy(damn Steam sales!)
I hope it comes out early in the month, and not the end.

It's been slated for 1/7 for awhile now (even on Sony's web store). Just a little while longer :)

That PS4 game is a big disappointment, but I guess it's not like there is much else to put up yet.

-_- Really?

Don't Starve was announced as a PS+ freebie during Sony's E3 event. In fact, it was the first indie title they showed and was first on the list of 3 indie PS+ freebie that were slated to be available during the launch window; the other two are Outlast and Secret Ponchos. Given that the launch window wraps up in March, and those three games haven't been released yet, I'd say you're probably going to be disappointed with the PS4 PS+ offering every month until we hit April. Good luck with that.

Hubble

I've heard Brothers is an amazing game, extremely underrated and emotionally touching, so can't wait to try it out!

RedAssedApe

Banned

gamers have shown themselves to be willing to ditch brand allegiances under the right circumstances. driving up the price without adding any value proposition would be a big mistake even if you are dominating your market (see Netflix)

RE_Player

I just got Bioshock Infinite for Christmas... Does the PSN version come with the original Bioshock? If not I would feel a little better :p

wizzbang

Banned
gamers have shown themselves to be willing to ditch brand allegiances under the right circumstances. driving up the price without adding any value proposition would be a big mistake even if you are dominating your market (see Netflix)

I don't disagree for the most part but doesn't mean it won't happen - these prices and deals are simply unsustainable.

Ocaso

No it won't. If anything, domination will mean better titles and perhaps an even bigger IGC. Sony is trying to build gaming's Netflix, and they are succeeding.

Top Bottom