• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January US Playstation+ games leaked (Don't Starve, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, Brothers)

FranXico

and here I was looking through the PSN store earlier this week and seeing Don't Starve being added to PS4 section with a trailer and release date in which I was 100% on board to purchase day 1...

I remember reading posts on other forums around a month ago discussing the possibility that PS+ offerings would potentially start getting less impressive... This month is pretty amazing and puts any of those concerns to rest...

Offerings will remain impressive because MS is going to follow suit with Games with Gold on the Xbone.

Without competition, I really suspect Sony wouldn't have any incentive.

mollipen

I don't see the difference between streaming the game and having it installed on your HDD.

Bandwidth usage.
Being able to play a game if your internet connection is spotty.
Proper visuals versus compressed video representing the game you're playing.
Game on a hard drive can't just disappear one day versus games offered via a streaming service.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Offerings will remain impressive because MS is going to follow suit with Games with Gold on the Xbone.

5OVIeCR.gif

MS has yet to really "follow suit" with their service, in my opinion. Sony has just been hitting it out of the park with their service for the last 2 years. I am willing to give GWG time to improve, but I do not have much faith.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
What was the next PS+ game for PS4? They announced 3 at E3 with one being Don't Starve and another being The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (unless that was announced somewhere else) which is for March. Can't remember the other one.

Fucking Outlast should be the next PS+ game for PS4 baby!!!...... can you say hhhhnnnnnggggg

I think we need to give the Ps4 more time until we start seeing a game like Knack for example being offered for free.

The system released in November.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
what is jan's list for UK?

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:
24th December: Grid 2
24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
8th January: Contrast

Entering PS Plus:
24th December: DmC Devil May Cry (PS3)
24th December: Borderlands 2 (PS3)
24th December: Soul Sacrifice (PSV)
24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (PSV)
8th January: Don’t Starve (PS4)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...anuary-dmc-soul-sacrifice-borderlands-2-more/

jsnepo

It's time for me to upgrade the PS3 HDD. I have yet to download 50% of the titles I got since I first became a subscriber.

I have a question though. Will an SSHD significantly improve game performance or loading? Digital Foundry have an article about it but it's pretty much an old article featuring games that were released two years ago. What about games that were recently released?

I have 2 Playstation Plus questions if anyone wouldn't mind answering.

1. I ordered a PSN card from the recent Best Buy sale and the card will not arrive until Jan 2nd. I really would like the December games, and thought I would have the card in time to download them. When does the month typically switch over for the new games? Is it midnight Dec 31st or a few days later?

2. I previously had PS+ and went a few months without it. I thought originally that I would be able to download any free PS+ game at any point in the future whether or not my subscription lapsed, but I recently checked my download history and don't see any PS+ games in there. Is this not true?

Thanks anyone for the help.

jacobeid

Banned

1. I ordered a PSN card from the recent Best Buy sale and the card will not arrive until Jan 2nd. I really would like the December games, and thought I would have the card in time to download them. When does the month typically switch over for the new games? Is it midnight Dec 31st or a few days later?

2. I previously had PS+ and went a few months without it. I thought originally that I would be able to download any free PS+ game at any point in the future whether or not my subscription lapsed, but I recently checked my download history and don't see any PS+ games in there. Is this not true?

1. They switch up the games on Tuesdays when the store updates. Most of the time the releases will be staggered over the course of a few weeks, so you may or may not be ok. Most games on the Instant Game Collection stay up for at least a few weeks. I.e., I would be surprised if you couldn't download sonic racing when your card gets here.

2. You need an active PS+ subscription to download anything from the IGC. When you let your subscription lapse, you forfeited your downloads to the games offered during those months.

Hexa

2. You need an active PS+ subscription to download anything from the IGC. When you let your subscription lapse, you forfeited your downloads to the games offered during those months.

When you get PS+ back you'll be able to download and play the games you had before it lapsed though. They're still in your collection, you just don't have access to the collection unless you have a PS+ subscription.

jacobeid

Banned
When you get PS+ back you'll be able to download and play the games you had before it lapsed though. They're still in your collection, you just don't have access to the collection unless you have a PS+ subscription.

Correct, should have mentioned that. For instance, if I have a subscription and let it lapse for the month of November, but resume it in December, all I will have forfeited are the games available for the month of November. The games you downloaded before that and anything you download after that will remain playable so long as you keep your PS+ sub active.

DeviantBoi

You'll be missing out on Soul Sacrifice because it's leaving the IGC on the next update on December 31.

Games don't get automatically added to your account (download list). You have to manually add them. So, for those months for which you didn't gave a PS+ subscription! you missed out on those games.

Thank you, this is what I meant even though I hadn't worded it very clearly in my question.

ethomaz

Banned
OMG!!! I almost bought BioShoch Infinite and DmC this holidays.... better now I can play without need to spent any plus cent.

Tizoc

What day will the new stuff be up in NA?

Each week a game goes up as a Plus offering. The store updates on Tuesday whenever Grace Chen feels like it.
So basically check the US Store every Wednesday and grab whatever Plus freebie is available even if you don't own that system or not interested in the game.

That's weird that they only update on Tuesdays, I thought that was over with once next gen infrastructure came out? Or am I thinking XBL?
It would be nice if the January update for PS4 users came out sooner than the second week of January. Oh well.

OMG!!! I almost bought BioShoch Infinite and DmC this holidays.... better now I can play without need to spent any plus cent.
I bought Bioshock when it dropped and then went on vacation for three weeks. Didn't even get to play it and then I come back to this announcement. I should have known better.

Top Bottom