Japan’s law requires transgender people to undergo full sex change surgery before having their gender reassigned

Oct 27, 2015
Can you add whatever articles are related to the video? I'd rather not support and watch a video of someone else's opinion. I'm pretty sick of outrage culture on youtube videos.

If it is true at face value, then it is a terrible thing, transgender or not. Sterilizing should not be allowed.

May 22, 2018
Nov 20, 2018
Oct 27, 2015
Hmm thediplomat reports one difference than the nypost. The difference being risked sterility vs forced sterility.

I don't see this as Japan forcing sterility on transgender, but transgenders are risking sterility to have a body fully conforming to their gender.
If transgender truly believe they are of that gender, then why are they hesitant about it?

Jul 19, 2018
That’s not a bad idea. I’m curious if the vidya games journos are going to boycott TGS? The United States should adopt this type of legislation. We should think about getting rid of welfare, and institute UBI with the requirement of sterilization.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Nothing to see , just Japan being a backwards ass country again. Remember gay men where castrated in the UK for being gay and on looking back it was some barbaric and inhumane thing to do. Japan will reach that point soon

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
If you say you want to change your gender and legally be a man but still want to be able to get pregnant then that’s just stupid. You’re a woman
Transgender people still want to have children , it's systematically taking away their ability to do so regardless on how they choose to conceive. A man transitioning into being a woman might still want to have children. , Why should that be a sacrificed, it solves no issues and is most likely only used to push an anti trans narrative.

May 22, 2018
Transgender people still want to have children , it's systematically taking away their ability to do so regardless on how they choose to conceive. A man transitioning into being a woman might still want to have children. , Why should that be a sacrificed, it solves no issues and is most likely only used to push an anti trans narrative.
If you want to be a man, men cannot get pregnant.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
fuck off with that shit. if you want to get pregnant and have children be a woman. you can still tell your twitter friends you're a man.
You still did not answer the question. Using your logic you would be in support.

Both genders have the ability of procreation , that is something both should still have regardless if they choose to change. Having children is something everyone should be able to do without having their organs removed . Japan's government is pushing an anti transgender narrative. Western countries and you know the rest of modern society don't subscribe to that shit.

Do better @Cunth

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
no you cunt i dont think mentally ill people nor gays hould have their balls cut off. got nothing to do with changing sexes.
It has everything to do with it , if you can't see that this form of castrating and removing people from the gene pool is used as means to irradiated them out of existence using Eugenics .

Hitler did the same thing and Japan has a long history of this aswell . It's good to know what side you walk on

:messenger_blowing_kiss:

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
I do not agree with the Japanese position, but if you actually have disphoria, then the bolded is wrong: Removal of the sex organs of the sex that causes you dysphoria can help overcoming the dysphoria (which is why such operations are offered in the first place).

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
I do not agree with the Japanese position, but if you actually have disphoria, then the bolded is wrong: Removal of the sex organs of the sex that causes you dysphoria can help overcoming the dysphoria (which is why such operations are offered in the first place).
Being offered it and having it forced are a line most countries don't cross . If it's something you willing choose to take because you think it's going to go you then cool , it's your own choice .

just agree to disagree. lol you just compared me to hitler
I'm all about reaching across partisan lines and giving you a hug Cunth

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Being offered it and having it forced are a line most countries don't cross . If it's something you willing choose to take because you think it's going to go you then cool , it's your own choice .
Absolutely agreed, I just did not think it was right to say that such an operation does not serve any purpose. No one should be forced to have such an invasive procedure performed, not even for gender recognition*. Japan should rework their laws in that sense. The judges already acknlowedged that the legal situation is likely not in line with current views on the issue, afterall.

* I add this because of the usage of the term "forced", because the force applied is "merely" gender recognition, as opposed to more severe force e.g. in the Nazi case you cited).

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You still did not answer the question. Using your logic you would be in support.

Both genders have the ability of procreation , that is something both should still have regardless if they choose to change. Having children is something everyone should be able to do without having their organs removed . Japan's government is pushing an anti transgender narrative. Western countries and you know the rest of modern society don't subscribe to that shit.

Do better @Cunth
Both? Are you saying there are only two?

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Forcing surgery to have an official gender change is not backwards ?
They’re not being forced. It’s optional but is a condition for having their sex reassignment legally recognised. If they want to live as the other gender and keep the gonads they were born with, they’re free to do so, it’s just not recognised by law. I’m not totally against it because it ensures that they’re genuinely serious about it and not juking the system. Seems like a fair trade-off.

Feb 19, 2014
There has to be a line somewhere.

I don't know a lot of trans folks, but I do know one who's been battling tooth and nail to get the surgery done and has gone through hell for it. Gotta respect that kind of dedication. I'm not sure how I feel about the folks who aren't willing to the distance, but want to enjoy the recognition.

Edit: Mods need to take a look at that thread title. It is highly clickbaity and little misleading.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Both? Are you saying there are only two?
Generally speaking yes but i do support people identify however they choose.

They’re not being forced. It’s optional but is a condition for having their sex reassignment legally recognised. If they want to live as the other gender and keep the gonads they were born with, they’re free to do so, it’s just not recognised by law. I’m not totally against it because it ensures that they’re genuinely serious about it and not juking the system. Seems like a fair trade-off.
Well it is being forced on them of you ask me , if it's how they feel deep down and also want children they should not have to sacrifice their organs being removed. In an ideal world why would anyone care how someone else identifies. But you can't separate this from how Japan has historically using Eugenics to cleanse their gene pool.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
"There is no difference between a trans man/woman and a biological man/woman"

"Apart from these specific ones, that are allowed, because of a desire to both have a cake, and eat it"
Who says this?
But you can't separate this from how Japan has historically using Eugenics to cleanse their gene pool.
Sorry, but that's pretty crass. We are talking the fascist government from 60 years ago? You cannot make today's Japan and Japanese responsible for the ideological errors of their ancestors in such a way. I mean, if this law was a relic of the time, OK, but that is unlikely, because I seriously doubt that during that time, you could be legally recognised as your gender after transitioning, no matter whether you had your genitals removed or not. The current law is not OK, sure, but it is not because of the fascist past of many years ago. I also see no indication that the goal, rather than a side effect, of the law is to prevent childbirth. It is an aged law, reflective of the social consensus maybe in the 60s-early 90s. It has harsh consequences and it should be changed. But connecting it to fascism like this is unfounded I think. I would, of course, accept evidence to the contrary, though, my valuation comes from my understanding of the law, not deep historical knowledge of politics in Japan.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Generally speaking yes but i do support people identify however they choose.

Well it is being forced on them of you ask me , if it's how they feel deep down and also want children they should not have to sacrifice their organs being removed. In an ideal world why would anyone care how someone else identifies. But you can't separate this from how Japan has historically using Eugenics to cleanse their gene pool.
I think there are consequences to unravelling the concept of gender at the societal level that you aren’t seeing. There are male and female standards woven into the very fabric of our society, and while I’m generally ok with individuals doing what they want with their lives, that doesn’t mean that society has to acknowledge it.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This headline is misleading.

They didn't order people to be sterilized. They're forcing people to go through a full medical transition before being allowed to legally identify as such. The "forced sterility" is inferred because sterility is of course a primary risk when undergoing these surgeries.

This is off the heels of NY Times claiming that we shouldn't be thinking of brains in terms of "male" and "female" when it comes to biology and psychology, so I'm not surprised. Garbage propaganda outlet.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
From the article if a man wants to become a woman it sounds like they have to go through all the sex change surgery before they can change their paperwork to say “woman” instead of “man”. Maybe I am missing something, but this seems reasonable.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
England
I was very active there for a year. The claim that there are no differences between trans-women and non-trans-women is new to me.
You got out. Well done.

The current perspective being [literally] forced, is that there are no differences.

Recent example thread. Warning : Will cause neurological pain.

There is no discussion allowed as to whether this is correct. Failure to comply with the Mods communication, in which they quote an 8 person study as definitive proof that there are no differences, will result in a ban.

Dec 12, 2013
I see nothing wrong with requiring sex change operation to have your gender legally changed. It should be the standard anywhere really. It weeds out all the fake trans people, particular men saying they are women so they can rape women like that dude who was sent to a women's prison. I would assume that people who are serious about being trans would absolutely want the surgery so it doesn't really change anything for them.

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
臺北市, 臺灣
You've been answered, but as someone who used to frequent there (unaware of the drama that brought it to life, I might add) I do remember a set of users believing this... but I have no proof so take this with a grain of salt.

EDIT: On topic, this is exactly why I just can't with [second-hand] media anymore. No offense, but I can't help but be a little bothered when someone couldn't be arsed to investigate a matter in its entirety and only rely on hyperbolic (and borderline inaccurate) titles, which are obviously ways YouTubers and News sites get clicks. Do you not feel suckered? This isn't FaceBook. And a whole thread basically de-railed after the first three posts when we could have been discussing what it is actually about the whole time.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
We already do. There are weeks for any person to vote if they want.
This headline is misleading.

They didn't order people to be sterilized. They're forcing people to go through a full medical transition before being allowed to legally identify as such. The "forced sterility" is inferred because sterility is of course a primary risk when undergoing these surgeries.

This is off the heels of NY Times claiming that we shouldn't be thinking of brains in terms of "male" and "female" when it comes to biology and psychology, so I'm not surprised. Garbage propaganda outlet.
yeah this sounds ok.

Aug 17, 2012
Poland
Would you also be in support of castrating the mentally or physically ill . If so why ?

What about Gay men ? Where do you stand there?
I'd like to answer that question, even though it wasn't directed at me.

None of the above mentioned examples are about changing your gender.
Can't be a dude who cuts his dick off, becomes a woman and want to have a child by playing the role of a man in procreation. You are a woman now. If you want to have children, play the woman part.
Works lpso the same way around. You're a man now, former woman. If you want to have children, use your jizz.
Being mentally ill, or being gay doesn't take away your natural way of procreation. Still, you can't have two guys getting pregnant, but that is a whole other topic.

So cut your balls and plant some tits, or don't if you want to have children.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
You got out. Well done.
It was quite easy, there is a mechanism called "ban hammer" that helps with that.
The current perspective being [literally] forced, is that there are no differences.

Recent example thread. Warning : Will cause neurological pain.

There is no discussion allowed as to whether this is correct. Failure to comply with the Mods communication, in which they quote an 8 person study as definitive proof that there are no differences, will result in a ban.
No differences in physical performance does not equal no differences period. Mind you, I would be very surprised if reliable studies were to prove the claim that claim, but independent of whether one believes that claim, that does not make trans women and non-trans women undistinguishable, at all. I have not seen any such claim on Resetera when I was active there.
You've been answered, but as someone who used to frequent there (unaware of the drama that brought it to life, I might add) I do remember a set of users believing this... but I have no proof so take this with a grain of salt.
While I haven't seen that sentiment, I do not want to rule it out strictly that some people may think that. But if this was a standard position on Resetera or even an enforced one, then it would be very simple to demonstrate this. It is for other claims about transgender.
The hormones that trans people take render them sterile anyways tho.
I doubt that. It certainly does not help fertility if you (as a female human) take copious amounts of testosterone, but since women who dope in power oriented sports still can get children, it is not something that always happens.

Oct 24, 2017
From the thread title I was expecting some atrocity or internment camp levels of oppression.

I mean, this is definitely still controversial. I see AK’s point. I don’t like the idea of forced surgery on anybody.
But it is not forced on you. You have the choice. Do you want to be finally become a men or women? the thing you have most likely fought so much for Then you have to undergo surgery which If i remember correctly you do not even have to pay since there is a medical healthcare system in Japan.

Again sometimes in Life you have to makes choices. Do you want to become a women? then you have to give up giving Birth to a child. But you still could adopt a child. I do not know where the believe comes from that you can have everything in life without having to choose.

Last edited: