• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 1 - 7 August

Jonnyram

Software:
1. Winning Eleven 9 - Konami/PS2 - 574,000
2. Grandia III - Square Enix/PS2 - 122,000
3. Pokemon XD - Pokemon/GC - 103,000
4. Summon Night Ecstasy - Banpresto/PS2 - 95,000
5. 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha - Banpresto/PS2 - 53,000 (523,000)
6. Armored Core Last Raven - From/PS2 - 49,000
7. Bleach - SCE/PS2 - 42,000
8. Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo/DS - 28,000 (291,000)
9. Mushiking - Sega/GBA - 25,000 (425,000)
10. Power Pocket Koushien - Konami/DS - 22,000

Zeo

Banned
Lindsay said:
Megabomb for Grandia & POKéMON! :lol

Uh, no.

And wish some people like you would care to explain what is :lol :lol :lol about a game like Grandia III "bombing". So annoying.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Zeo said:
Uh, no.

And wish some people like you would care to explain what is :lol :lol :lol about a game like Grandia III "bombing". So annoying.

1.) Grandia 2
2.) Grandia Xrteme (or whatever it was called)

Those are my reasons for laughing at G3 bombing. I find it is much deserved.

And I only laughed once. And that was mostly at PKMN which is a series I tend to um..love.

Zeo

Banned
Lindsay said:
1.) Grandia 2
2.) Grandia Xrteme (or whatever it was called)

Those are my reasons for laughing at G3 bombing. I find it is much deserved.

And I only laughed once. And that was mostly at PKMN which is a series I tend to um..love.

It's much deserved for having a great sequel and a crappy spinoff?

Nice logic. LOL!!!

januswon

polg said:
Don't m-create charts run from wed to wed (or something like that?)?

m-create, dengeki_online, famitsu
their sales figures all run from Mon to Sun

many new games tend to be on sale on Thu
their 1st week sales figures will cover 4 days only (Thu to Sun)

Khalid-S

so does this mean that JSS also bombed !! since the report dont like reall now and the game didnt apper in the Daily sales !!

Jonnyram

Khalid-S said:
so does this mean that JSS also bombed !! since the report dont like reall now and the game didnt apper in the Daily sales !!
It came out on the 8th, the day after this sales period ended.

Unison

Khalid-S said:

If JSS fails to make the top ten in sales next week, I'll eat my hat.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CVXFREAK said:
So I guess XD's report was wrong, or the game had a real good second week.
Maybe the report counted what was sold as part of a GCN bundle? OMG HUGE week for the GCN!!! :p

Madame M

Banned
Aren't the sales for Grandia relatively great? I don't think the series was ever all that popular in Japan. I don't know.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy bejeesus. That's fricken insane for WE9. Hope Konami uses that precious money to make a good console Castlevania and TMNT game.

cvxfreak

Oblivion said:
Holy bejeesus. That's fricken insane for WE9. Hope Konami uses that precious money to make a good console Castlevania and TMNT game.

Not really, when compared to WE8 and WE7. Still, higher than most other games out there.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Looks like the same syndrome that hit Liveware Evolution and DW5 is striking with WE9..."
i bought WE9 last night and despite the following gripes :

1. Shitty load times
2. Can't alter team names for arsenal / Chelsea
3. LAST YEARS DATA : Wigan, Sunderland and West Ham fans are in for some sulking
4. Nakamura is the coverstar, he's not a Celtic
5. Physical game is excellent, but the CPU gets away with some amazing shit like slamming you to the ground infront of the ref
6. TOO MANY FREE KICKS
7. the FAR AND WIDE camera style that i love is f*cking gone! Wide is a bit tighter to the pitch - i assume this is done to get rid of the slow down a bit (which is still there)

WE9 represented my 11th Winning Eleven game purchase on the PS2. I daren't count my Power Pro Kuns....

GF watched me play the game. She commented "looks the same as the others" and that's potentially the issue - on the surface, it looks like the same game - but this one really is a good bit different. But i just wonder if a small percentage are like "What? ANOTHER WE? i don't see the big difference... f*ck it, i'll wait for WE9 International/final/etc..."

(i planned to do that - but i played the demo , after which i was fapping in my pockets)

cvxfreak

Oblivion said:
How much did those sell?

Well, as I posted above:

1. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 - 696,521 / 696,521

Those are M-Create's reports from last year. So already WE9 is down 100K, and last year's second week sales were 150K. Can't find WE7's numbers at the moment, though.

I would like to think that Grandia & Shadow Hearts 3 did well (but no great) because of Tales of Legendia. ToL is supposed to >500k, every entry (unless symphonia) made it.

Anyway, good numbers for G3, 200k should be a good number to support an american release. But it'll do worse than Romancing SaGa (440k iirc) and that annoys me.

I WANT SUMMON NIGHT IN ENGLISH! :<

One more thing, Bleach PS2 and GBA did worse than PSP game ¿no? In fact, the PSP one seems to be the best game...I'm looking forward the sequel...

mutsu

I thought the other thread said that Pokemon XD already sold about 280,000 copies? Doesn't make sense to have only sold 100K+ in the first week...

AniHawk

mutsu said:
I thought the other thread said that Pokemon XD already sold about 280,000 copies? Doesn't make sense to have only sold 100K+ in the first week...

must've been shipped, or the number was fake.

madara

Hopefully G3 will have some legs or word of mouth if that exists in japan. What was it expected to do? 500k like sagas and other SE games?

Ruzbeh

Banned
Khalid-S said:
No.

What's up with all the GAFers wanting JSS to bomb? It didn't bomb. 320k Copies sold on it's first day. It's mega-huge. It exploded. Better than Nintendogs. :)

AniHawk

Ruzbeh said:
No.

What's up with all the GAFers wanting JSS to bomb? It didn't bomb. 320k Copies sold on it's first day. It's mega-huge. It exploded. Better than Nintendogs. :)

It wasnt on the daily charts for the last two days.

Socreges

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
WE8:

1. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 - 696,521 / 696,521

Ouch.
CVXFREAK said:
Looks like the same syndrome that hit Liveware Evolution and DW5 is striking with WE9...
I don't know about any "syndrome", but I could guess why there's been a fairly large drop. In terms of graphics and animation, WE9 is a very small step forward. There are also very few marketable additions. After several iterations on the PS2, interest has dropped and I'm not surprised.

You seem to have so much invested, though, CVX. What's that about? :p

PS. About the graphics, Konami has really struggled to get more out of the engine recently. The framerate has been a problem and even WE9 has some issues. They probably can't wait to leave the PS2 behind them.

DCharlie said:
WE9 represented my 11th Winning Eleven game purchase on the PS2. I daren't count my Power Pro Kuns....
You must buy the J-League games........ WHY???

Rock_Man

Most big DS games this summer seems to have sold not so well.
First week sales (Famitsu or MC):
Famicom Wars DS 14k
Ganbare Goemon 10k
Naturo RPG 2 31k
Rockman EXE 5 DS 17k
Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Symphony 10k

and now
Power Pocket Koushien 22k

Perhaps the growing DS userbase doesn´t consist of many traditional gamers that normally buy these typical traditional games.

tetsuoxb

I am not surprised by the WE numbers for the following reasons:

1) Livewire edition beat it to the punch with online. I can see the reasoning for using the interim release to test online, but it steals some thunder from a "big new feature" in the main release.

2) Quite a few people (like me) are waiting for the PSP version to decide which one to get.

BDGAME

To complete the TOPIC, Dengiki top 50 from this week:

01(--) - PS2 - World soccer winning eleven 9
02(--) - PS2 - Grandia III
03(--) - NGC - Pokemon XD
04(--) - PS2 - Sommon Nigth
05(01) - PS2 - Third super robot great war alpha - to Milky Way of end
06(--) - PS2 - Armored Core
07(--) - PS2 - The BLEACH - it does to be chosen, soul
08(08) - NDS - It is soft head private school
09(15) - NDS - Forges the brain DS training
10(05) - PS2 - SIMPLE2000 series Vol.81
11(--) - NDS - Power Pocket Koushien
12(10) - NGC - Super Mario Stadium miracle baseball
13(14) - GBA - Road to beetle ace &#12512;&#12471;&#12461;&#12531;&#12464; - Gray test champion -
14(07) - PS2 - Live powerful professional baseball 12
15(02) - Ps2 - The professional baseball team probably will be made! 3
16(--) - Ps2 - The &#12401; &#12385; densely the ultra seven &#12497;&#12481; &#12387; &#12390; &#12385; &#12423; &#12414; &#12370; expert 8
17(--) - PSP - The expert &#12413; of the drum - it is you put on airs
18(12) - PS2 - The Warring States BASARA
19(04) - PS2 - KAIDO - legend of pass -
20(09) - GBA - Boktai 3
21(16) - PS2 - Ape scape 3
22(11) - PSP - Heaven &#35461; patience large all
23(03) - PS2 - Shadown Hearts the * new * world
24(24) - NDS - Naruto RPG 2
25(--) - PS2 - Expert flying &#12387; drill of drum
26(06) - PS2 - &#32882; - Of zero -
27(17) - NDS - Yu Gi Oh NIGHTMARE TROUBADOUR
28(34) - NDS - Nintendogs &#26612; & Friends
29(--) - GBA - B- legend! &#12496;&#12488;&#12523;&#12499;&#12540;&#12480;&#12510;&#12531; flame soul
30(--) - PS2 - Bomberman Land 3
31(--) - PSP - Rockman DASH
32(22) - PS2 - Encounter &#12497;&#12481;&#12473;&#12525; winning technique! Ogre worrior 3
33(39) - NDS - Nintendogs &#12480;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473; & Friends
34(19) - PS2 - Succeeds the alchemy teacher 3 God of the steel the girl
35(41) - NDS - Nintendogs chihuahua & Friends
36(29) - NGC - Live powerful professional baseball 12
37(27) - GBA - Dyes to BLEACH advance crimson the &#23608; soul boundary
38(26) - NDS - Rockman EXE 5 Compilation
39(37) - PS2 - &#12497;&#12481;&#12473;&#12525; complete capture ogre beach blast running gangsters
40(43) - GBA - Pocket monster emerald
41(21) - NDS - OEANDAN
42(23) - GBA - As for cover &#12426; pre- cure MAX heart &#12510;&#12472;? &#12510;&#12472;! Fighting spirit de IN it is not
43(49) - NDS - Touch the Wario
44(25) - PS2 - Star Wars ep. III
45(33) - PS2 - Everyone favorite lump soul
46(13) - PS2 - Magic Teacher
47(36) - NGC - Dance Dance Revolution with MARIO
48(44) - PS2 - SIMPLE2000 series Vol.80
49(46) - PS2 - Pop'n Music II
50(60) - NDS - Super Mario 64 DS

TOTALS:

PS2 - 25
NDS - 12
GBA - 6
NGC - 4
PSP - 3

Rock_Man said:
Most big DS games this summer seems to have sold not so well.
First week sales (Famitsu or MC):
Famicom Wars DS 14k
Ganbare Goemon 10k
Naturo RPG 2 31k
Rockman EXE 5 DS 17k
Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Symphony 10k

and now
Power Pocket Koushien 22k

Perhaps the growing DS userbase doesn´t consist of many traditional gamers that normally buy these typical traditional games.

If these DS games haven't "sold so well", what do you call the "great" sales of PSP games in the last months? :lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
BDGAME said:
08(08) - NDS - It is soft head private school
15(02) - Ps2 - The professional baseball team probably will be made! 3
17(--) - PSP - The expert ? of the drum - it is you put on airs
22(11) - PSP - Heaven ? patience large all
34(19) - PS2 - Succeeds the alchemy teacher 3 God of the steel the girl
42(23) - GBA - As for cover ? pre- cure MAX heart ??? ??! Fighting spirit de IN it is not
43(49) - NDS - Touch the Wario
445(33) - PS2 - Everyone favorite lump soul

:lol :lol :lol

Rock_Man

Frankfurter said:
If these DS games haven't "sold so well", what do you call the "great" sales of PSP games in the last months? :lol

I don´t call them "well" either, but I wasn´t talking about PSP.

DS is doing very well overall, but the games I mentioned did not.

Goemon is a more or less dead franchise, Advance Wars didn't do good on the GBA(so it was clear that it would sell bad), Rockman Exe is - as far as I know - only some kind of port with a useless second/touch screen, Naruto's and Power Pocket Koushien's numbers are ok for me. Full Metal Alchemist perhaps more or less bombed, I don't know(although if I remember it correct, it got scores of about 28 or sth.).
Overall the DS is selling great and first and third party software does the same.

Top Bottom