• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 14 - 20 Mar

Jonnyram

Software:
1. PS2 Phantom Kingdom (incl. ltd ed) - Nippon Ichi - 73,000
2. PS2 Dynasty Warriors 5 - Koei - 38,000 - 799,000
3. PS2 One Piece Grand Battle! Rush - Bandai - 37,000
4. NGC Donkey Konga 3 - Nintendo - 37,000
5. PS2 Ensnoozia - Konami - 31,000
6. PS2 Nana - Konami - 30,000
7. NDS Harvest Moon: Corobockle Station - Marvellous - 28,000
8. NGC One Piece Grand Battle! Rush - Bandai - 22,000
9. PSP Sarugetchu P! - SCE - 20,000
10. PSP Tales of Eternia - Namco - 20,000 - 131,000

Hardware:
PSP 43,644
PS2 40,270
DS 22,446
GBASP 11,013
GC 3,357
GBA 477
Xbox 345

Juice

Jonnyram said:
7. NDS Harvest Moon: Corobockle Station - Marvellous - 28,000

Haven't been following this game as closely as I'd like to -- was this it's first week out?

Also, anyone know what review scores were like for it?

Edit: Nevermind, obviously it is--wasn't looking at the number closely enough

Mrbob

No Meteos or Pac Pix? Or is this the wrong week? They were near the top of the charts on the first day.

Look at that Nintendo marketshare just slip, slip away...

I'll bet Nintendo makes some of the better games in the PS3 library next generation.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Jonnyram said:

Oh ok. Couldn't understand how a Kirby game couldn't get in the top 10, regardless of quality. Heh, guess some of you went to "that store". I have no idea what I'm talking about there, I'm just trying to fit in.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
and i'll bet that when modern nintendo games are stripped of the numinous hush that surrounds their release on abandoned platforms like gamecube and are dropped smack into playstation superabundance, they won't seem "better" than much of anything.

drohne said:
and i'll bet that when modern nintendo games are stripped of the numinous hush that surrounds their release on abandoned platforms like gamecube and are dropped smack into playstation superabundance, they won't seem "better" than much of anything.

God of War > theoretical new Kid Icarus

I WENT THERE! I WENT THERE SO BAD!

Jonnyram said:
If Kid Icarus involves threesomes with Daisy and Peach, I might have to disagree with you.

Mario is dancing.
Mario is playing tennis.
Mario is driving a go kart.
Mario is ... Mario and Luigi are ... OH MY VIRGIN EYES!!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Drinky Crow said:

I'll bet Nintendo makes some of the better games in the PS3 library next generation.
Maybe they will make Nintendogs for PS3!

milanbaros

Member?
I think the Japanese market isn't as friendly as it used to be. At least in the US if your game has a slow first month it has a chance to have great legs, I don't think taht is the case in Japan.

However, is no one glad to see 4 sytems occupying the top 10 spots? Sure, 5 are taken by the PS2 but apart from that I think it looks healthy.

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
Just like in the NES/SNES days, right? Or on Game Boy?

heidern

Dengeki portable chart for the week:

6: DS Harvest Moon
8: PSP Sarugetchu P!
10: PSP Tales of Eternia
14: DS PacPix
22: DS WarioWare Touch
24: DS Another Code
25: DS Yoshi T&G
26: PSP Everybody Golf
28: PSP Namco Museum
29: DS Mario 64
31: DS Meteos
36: PSP Dynasty Warriors
42: PSP Ridge Racers

Drinky Crow said:

Kojima said:
PSP > DS ^^
Shaheed79 said:
Nintendo got owned this week. Sorta.

heidern said:

Or maybe not!!

Diffense

how come N-bots get banned quicker than Paris Hilton drops her knickers, but N-Trolls seem to be allowed to Linger

Ironically, the more 'n-bots' they ban the more inconsequential the trolling becomes. You can't have predator without prey.

Anyway, portable sofware wasn't very impressive over this period. DS and PSP need some new top tier games.

Odnetnin

Banned
Diffense said:
Ironically, the more 'n-bots' they ban the more inconsequential the trolling becomes. You can't have predator without prey.

Anyway, portable sofware wasn't very impressive over this period. DS and PSP need some new top tier games.

I don't think any Nbot has been banned of late so I don't even know where this discussion is coming from. Except DEG but that was truly well deserved. Talk about losing it :lol

1 PS2 Dynasty warriors 5 Koei
2 PS2 Phantom kingdom Nippon1 software
3 PS2 ONE PIECE Grabat. RUSH Bandai
4 PS2 NANA Konami
5 NDS Harvest Moon Marberasintaractib
6 GC Donkey Konga 3 Nintendo
7 PSP Salgettu P. Sony computer entertainment
8 PS2 Ensugea - professional racing - Konami
9 PSP Talzobetarnia Namco
10 PS2 Dragonball Z 3 Bandai
11 NDS Paccpics Namco
12 GC Starfoccsasalt Nintendo
13 GC ONE PIECE Grabat. RUSH Bandai ACT
14 PS2 Fist Of the North star + Sega
15 PS2 Sangokushi X Koei
16 NDS Touched Madoinwario Nintendo
17 GBA Roccman'egze five team Ob kernel Capcom
18 PSP Namco museum Namco
19 NDS Two another code memory Nintendo
20 PSP GOLF portable of everyone SCEI

Diffense

I don't think any Nbot has been banned of late so I don't even know where this discussion is coming from. Except DEG but that was truly well deserved. Talk about losing it

I don't know how's been banned or who's really an n-bot. Just saying, that the less of them on the forum the more futile it is to attempt to troll Nintendo threads. A few months ago, certain comments in this thread would have spawned ten pages of nonsense. Today, no-one cares. Tomorrow, no more trolls.

jarrod

Banned
heidern said:

What about GBA?

heidern

jarrod said:
What about GBA?

I didn't want to feed the trolls. But if you insist(I missed out a couple of psp games too):
13: GBA Rockman 5 Team of Kernel
17: GBA Thousand Year Family
30: GBA Rockman 5 Team of Blues
35: GBA Pokemon Emerald
38: GBA Mario Party Advance
42: PSP SCE RPG Ojis Adventure
46: GBA Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2
48: PSP Ape Escape

Chrono

Banned
Jonnyram said:
And the hardware numbers:
PSP 43,644
DS 22,446

So how many weeks has PSP been outselling the DS? o_O

I don't get into these threads much but lately every time I do click one PSP is always surpassing DS.

Prine said:
Great sales for PSP. Keep kicking DS ass!

I saw your username in the last post column and came here expecting Kick 'em in the stomach!

Close enough I guess. :lol

Once again the DS is going to get its butt saved before hitting <20k, with the new colors and number of releases that will show up in the next chart. Do people really expect it to top PSP's sales though? I'm just not seeing that, though I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to how colors really boost sales in Japan any.

Link1110

Once again DS loses in hardware, but wins in software. These numbers aren't too different at all from week to week anymore. Same old story too, DS has more good games coming, but PSP has more games now (and I bought Sarugetchu/Ape Escape, it stinks.) Hopefully it will get more interesting when the really games start coming out for them both.

Monk

Banned
The gap is increasing?

PSP the last 2 weeks: 46,307 47,633
DS the last two weeks: 26,537 25,759

Gap two weeks ago: 22k
gap last week: 20k
This week: 21k

Difference in weeks
PSP 2weeks ago to last week: -1.3k
PSP differnce this week: -2.7k
DS two weeks ago..: +1k
DS this week: -4.1k

The PSP is seein a steady decline while the DS is having a irregular decline. I wonder if the psp will take over the DS by the end of the year.

Izzy

Banned
Link1110 said:
Once again DS loses in hardware, but wins in software.

Excuse me?

In Media Create's top 10 there's 2 PSP and 1 DS game. However, in the top 40, there's 9 PSP and 6 DS games. Check it out here.

As for hardware, it's once again PSP > DS + GBASP + GBA + GC. Quite boring, actually.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Izzy said:
Excuse me?

In Media Create's top 10 there's 2 PSP and 1 DS game. However, in the top 40, there's 9 PSP and 6 DS games. Check it out here.

As for hardware, it's once again PSP > DS + GBASP + GBA + GC. Quite boring, actually.
Care to try again? In the top 40 (which is what you pointed out) it's 7-6 in favour of the DS over the PSP. In the top 50 (which is what the site lists) it's 9-7 in favour of the PSP over the DS. Either way, you can't count.

I say the DS will outsell the PSP next week with the only reason being the two new colours.

BTW the LTDs are now
DS - 1,925,141
PSP - 1,062,372
with the DS lead down to 862,769 in Japan.

Top Bottom