• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 15 - 21 Aug

Jonnyram

Member
Jun 8, 2004
19,828
0
0
Neo Tokyo
software:
1. PS2 Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden - Bandai - 96,000 (NEW)
2. NDS Jump Super Stars - Nintendo - 57,000 (278,000)
3. PS2 Winning Eleven 9 - Konami - 56,000 (732,000)
4. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 47,000 (384,000)
5. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 38,000 (422,000)
6. GBA Mushiking - Sega - 29,000 (490,000)
7. GCN Pokemon XD - Pokemon - 22,000 (159,000)
8. GCN Super Mario Stadium Miracle Baseball - Nintendo - 18,000 (139,000)
9. PS2 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha - Banpresto - 17,000 (566,000)
10. PS2 The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 - D3 Publisher - 16,000 (95,000)

hardware tomorrow
 

Firest0rm

Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,809
0
0
Jonnyram said:
software:
1. PS2 Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden - Bandai - 96,000 (NEW)
2. NDS Jump Super Stars - Nintendo - 57,000 (278,000)
3. PS2 Winning Eleven 9 - Konami - 56,000 (732,000)
4. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 47,000 (384,000)
5. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 38,000 (422,000)
6. GBA Mushiking - Sega - 29,000 (490,000)
7. GCN Pokemon XD - Pokemon - 22,000 (159,000)
8. GCN Super Mario Stadium Miracle Baseball - Nintendo - 18,000 (139,000)
9. PS2 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha - Banpresto - 17,000 (566,000)
10. PS2 The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 - D3 Publisher - 16,000 (95,000)

hardware tomorrow
I predict 60-70k DS sold.
 

Culex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
6,211
1
0
36
Damn, JSS dropped a ton! I figured it would do about 85k for the week, at least.
 

mj1108

Member
Jun 8, 2004
14,373
0
0
4. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 47,000 (384,000)
5. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 38,000 (422,000)
Jesus Christ..... They...wont....stop....selling.....

My predictions:

70k DS
22k PSP
 

mutsu

Member
Apr 15, 2005
3,399
0
0
Sydney, Australia
JSS would be considered as a "hardcore gamers" game, so the fall is expected... it won't have legs like the Atama Juku and Brain Training DS games...

To say Atama Juku and Brain Training DS being "have legs" is probably an understatement now.... the sales of these are insane!!! It just wont' stop...

Still very good number though for JSS nontheless.

Nice to also see GC games still performing reasonably well....
 

jett

D-Member
Jun 6, 2004
98,879
2
1,765
I guess releasing a virtual PSP-stopgap was a pretty darned good idea after all. DRINKY CROW AM CRY
 

gamewhooper

Banned
Jun 16, 2005
436
0
0
And why the hell are those Brain Training games getting even higher sales than they were like three weeks ago?
 

Mrbob

Member
Jun 7, 2004
63,747
2
0
gamewhooper said:
And why the hell are those Brain Training games getting even higher sales than they were like three weeks ago?
They're cheap. 20 bucks.
 

mutsu

Member
Apr 15, 2005
3,399
0
0
Sydney, Australia
gamewhooper said:
And why the hell are those Brain Training games getting even higher sales than they were like three weeks ago?
Basically because NDS sales are higher for these two weeks than it was more than 3 weeks ago.

Imagine this scenario... almost every new NDS owner buys Brain Training and Atama Juku as well when they pick up the handheld because it's so cheap (yeah about $20 bucks), you get the picture.
 

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Jun 8, 2004
7,000
1
1,415
mutsu said:
Basically because NDS sales are higher for these two weeks than it was more than 3 weeks ago.

Imagine this scenario... almost every new NDS owner buys Brain Training and Atama Juku as well when they pick up the handheld because it's so cheap (yeah about $20 bucks), you get the picture.
Yup. Other NDS releases have resurfaced/climbed back up in the charts recently too, like Nintendogs and Wario.
 

heidern

Junior Member
Jun 7, 2004
2,288
0
1,215
Holy shit, Soft Brain Training has held steady over last week, but the original Brain Training went up from 30K last week to 38K this week. The two brain trainers are now over 800K between them and still going strong. These legs are insane.

Hardware predictions:
xbox 199
DS 70K
ps2 33K
psp 20K
GBA 15K
GC 3K
 

Dalthien

Member
Jun 1, 2005
2,159
0
0
Wow - look at Pokemon XD and Mario Baseball. Pokemon is still in the top 10 after three weeks, and it should continue with decent sales right through Christmas. Not outstanding numbers for a Pokemon title, but considering this is the Gamecube and not the GBA, I think it will do fairly well in the long-run.

But look at Super Mario Baseball get back in the top 10 after five weeks. Those are some serious legs for this game. I wouldn't have expected it to hold up this well.
 

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jun 18, 2004
49,331
0
1,550
Stopsign said:
DS - 69.000
PSP - 22.000
PS2 - 27.000
GBA SP - 10.000
GC - 3.500
Xbox - :lol
these predictions or the real deal? I assume they're predictions
 

cvxfreak

Member
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
Speevy said:
Did anyone ever say if Pokemon XD is any good?
It really is nothing great.

All the Pokemon, have been catchable without the GC since Pokemon Emerald came out and with a GC, since Colosseum came out (alongside FireRed and Leaf Green a few months later). So it's no surprise it's a bit of a slacker.
 

verplant

Member
Jun 26, 2005
332
0
1,090
(Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training):
43k => 48kk => 30kk => 33k => 34k => 32k => 27k => 29k => 21k => 20k => ?? => ?? => 31k => 38k

(Yawaraka Atamajuku):
73k => 75k => 49k => 34k => 32k => 28k => 47k => 47k


wow!!!
 

Deku

Banned
Jan 6, 2005
16,689
0
0
カナダ
verplant said:
(Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training):
43k => 48kk => 30kk => 33k => 34k => 32k => 27k => 29k => 21k => 20k => ?? => ?? => 31k => 38k

(Yawaraka Atamajuku):
73k => 75k => 49k => 34k => 32k => 28k => 47k => 47k


wow!!!

Like movies with long legs, sales patterns like that indicate strong word of mouth and wide appeal beyond a narrow demographic of hardcores who rush out to buy a game on week 1.
 

ThongyDonk

Banned
Dec 16, 2004
1,377
0
0
39
United Kingdom
verplant said:
(Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training):
43k => 48kk => 30kk => 33k => 34k => 32k => 27k => 29k => 21k => 20k => ?? => ?? => 31k => 38k

(Yawaraka Atamajuku):
73k => 75k => 49k => 34k => 32k => 28k => 47k => 47k


wow!!!
due to this NIntendo will definitely bring this type of game to Revolution, probably rest of the world and sell it as education, then parents won't mind kids playing
 

GDGF

Soothsayer
Jun 6, 2004
23,927
1
0
42
Savannah, GA
What Nintendo doesn't what you to know is that the game really contains subliminal messages that urge you to purchase more Nintendo products. Brain training = Brain washing.



It's true!
 

AniHawk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
74,679
2
1,595
Grandia III didn't bomb. It's just not a superhuge franchise. Grandia II was last recorded at 185k.

Grandia III is at 150k right now w/o this week's numbers. It'll most likely outsell Grandia II.
 

CoolTrick

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2,150
0
0
Dengeki Handheld Rankings

#3 DS Jump Super Stars (Down 2 spots)
#4 DS Yawaraka Atamajuku (Down 1 spot)
#5 DS Brain Training DS (Down 1 spot)
#14 DS Power Pocket Koushien (Up 1 spot)
#18 PSP Gundam (Down 7)
#19 DS Nintendogs Shiba (Up 6)
#21 DS Naruto RPG 2 (Up 2)
#22 PSP Drum Expert (Down 1)
#28 DS Nintendogs Dachs (Up 2)
#29 DS Nintendogs Chihuahua (Up 2)
#31 DS Sawaru Made in Wario (Up 4)
#37 DS Rockman 5DS EXE (Up 4)
#40 DS Super Mario 64 DS (Up 8)
#41 DS YuGiOh! Nightmare Troubadour (Down 5)
#42 DS Touch! Kirby (Up 3)
 

adamma666

Member
Jun 6, 2004
471
0
1,225
Germany
AniHawk said:
Grandia III didn't bomb. It's just not a superhuge franchise. Grandia II was last recorded at 185k.

Grandia III is at 150k right now w/o this week's numbers. It'll most likely outsell Grandia II.
ah, okay, thanks for clearing things up. i didn't know how many units its predecessor sold or how popular the franchise is at all. to me, Grandia 3 seemed to have really high production values, so the sales are a little bit low imo.
 

CoolTrick

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2,150
0
0
Total Game Count

PS2 - 25
DS - 13
GBA - 5
GCN - 4
PSP - 2


Games (all consoles) longest on the Top 50 Chart this week

1. #33 GBA Pokemon Emerald (9/16/04)
2. #40 DS Super Mario 64 DS (12/2/04)
2. #31 DS Sawaru Made in Wario (12/2/04)
4. #42 DS Touch! Kirby (3/24/05)
5. (#19, #28, #29) DS Nintendogs (4/21/05)
6. #5 DS Brain Training DS (5/19/05)
6. #44 PS2 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (5/19/05)
8. #6 GBA Beatle Mushi King (6/23/05)
9. #43 GCN Chibi Robo! (6/23/05)
10. #4 DS Yawaraka Atamajuku (6/30/05)
 

Frankfurter

Member
Jul 18, 2005
6,524
0
0
35
Wow, these brain trainings are just crazy! :D

PSP has only 2 titles in the top 50, it's more or less fucked in Japan.

HW predictions:

NDS 65k
PSP 21k
XBX 3

Btw. wasn't there a holiday season or sth. like that in August that is bigger than the Golden Week? Last week's hw numbers were higher overall, but not THAT high(and atleast DS and PSP had new software and that was probably the reason they went up).
 

Taker666

Member
Apr 26, 2005
4,060
2
0
Frankfurter said:
Wow, these brain trainings are just crazy! :D

PSP has only 2 titles in the top 50, it's more or less fucked in Japan.
PSP isn't quite dead yet.

September 15th = White PSP and Winning Eleven = lots of sales*

* although it could be overshadowed by GBA Micro and Tamagotchi DS
 

puck1337

Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,130
0
0
Canada
Did Nintendo ever release projections for the Brain Training games? Do they ever release projections for individual titles? I can't remember it happening.
 

ThongyDonk

Banned
Dec 16, 2004
1,377
0
0
39
United Kingdom
puck1337 said:
Did Nintendo ever release projections for the Brain Training games? Do they ever release projections for individual titles? I can't remember it happening.
yeah i believe they did for Chibi, 50,000 or something daft!!
 

citrus lump

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
3,144
0
0
CoolTrick said:
Games (all consoles) longest on the Top 50 Chart this week

1. #33 GBA Pokemon Emerald (9/16/04)
2. #40 DS Super Mario 64 DS (12/2/04)
2. #31 DS Sawaru Made in Wario (12/2/04)
4. #42 DS Touch! Kirby (3/24/05)
5. (#19, #28, #29) DS Nintendogs (4/21/05)
6. #5 DS Brain Training DS (5/19/05)
6. #44 PS2 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (5/19/05)
8. #6 GBA Beatle Mushi King (6/23/05)
9. #43 GCN Chibi Robo! (6/23/05)
10. #4 DS Yawaraka Atamajuku (6/30/05)


And yet nintendo is still "doomed".