• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 18 - 24 Apr

Amir0x

Banned
If that's what pink lollipop colored DS and an advanced tamagotchi does to handheld sales, Sony really needs to re-evaluate its strategy in the handheld sector! :lol

duckroll

Amir0x said:
If that's what pink lollipop colored DS and an advanced tamagotchi does to handheld sales, Sony really needs to re-evaluate its strategy in the handheld sector! :lol

Yeah we need a 50-cent theme PSP (new gangsta color) with GTA PSP (gangsta sim) pronto! :lol

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
The Power of PINK.

Jesus, didn't expect them to sell that well. It'd be even scarier if next week, the DS sales break 100k.

Hollywood

Banned
DS DOMINANCE.

Funny this is, doesn't this ONE WEEK beat the past two months of PSP's marginal outselling of the DS? :lol

Those are monster numbers, especailly for a non-holiday week.

But if they were gonna top 100k, it would've been this week, not next week.

If they can pull another 40-50k and Nintendogs continues to sell strong next week, I think that would be seen as great for Nintendo.

Oogami

Banned
Pretty bad for Nintendogs. And people thought it would sell a million. :lol

I'm the one who was betting the dogs won't ever sell a million btw, some people are wondering who made that bet. :lol

Well looks like I win the bet, eh?

Link

The Autumn Wind
soundwave05 said:
Those are monster numbers, especailly for a non-holiday week.

But if they were gonna top 100k, it would've been this week, not next week.

If they can pull another 40-50k and Nintendogs continues to sell strong next week, I think that would be seen as great for Nintendo.
Next week is "Golden Week" in Japan, which traditionally sees a spike in sales.

Oogami said:

I'm the one who was betting the dogs won't ever sell a million btw, some people are wondering who made that bet. :lol

Uh, lol, those Nintendogs numbers are the highest first week numbers for any DS or PSP title, so wtf are you talking about.

Meier

Oogami said:

Talk about MAJOR damage control. :lol :lol It sold more than Pokemon did its first week and will undoubtedly have very solid legs. 1 million isnt gauranteed, but it's far from being out of reach. 100k for the DS is amazing.. pink going on sale clearly helped this, but I'm certain that Nintendogs must have been a larger selling point.

Nintendogs always struck me as a title, that if it was going to sell, would sell over a longer period of time due to word of mouth on the game, not a traditional "first weekend rush" type of title.

In Japan a lot of people buying the game, specifically kids are probably taking it to school and showing other kids, and if that takes off there ... that's basically how Pokemon really got going.

Really the actual "marketing" for a title like Nintendogs begins now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Pretty bad for Nintendogs. And people thought it would sell a million.

I'm the one who was betting the dogs won't ever sell a million btw, some people are wondering who made that bet.

Well looks like I win the bet, eh?"

cock removed due to copyright! :}

xavean1

Banned
DSvspsp.jpg

Oogami said:

Looks like some one *really* loves the taste of crows

xavean1

Banned
Without these "unconfirmed" figured added yet, its as follows (for Japan ONLY):

DS:
(2005) 580,119
(Total) 2,075,715

PSP:
(2005) 714,872
(Total) 1,197,124

Bebpo

Banned
Fuck, PSP's lost this gen. It did good for a first time system vs. the longtime king, but alas it's gone.

Oh well, I'll still have fun playing my 2nd class system for the next few years ;_;

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:
Fuck, PSP's lost this gen. It did good for a first time system vs. the longtime king, but alas it's gone.

Oh well, I'll still have fun playing my 2nd class system for the next few years ;_;

There, there, the gap's smaller than the PS2 and Xbox one. This battle is closer to Xbox vs. GameCube, with the exception of both selling to large masses.

Cry when Pokemon comes out. :p

Oogami

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Don't embarrass yourself any more.
Read the thread and you'll see it sold more than Pokemon did in its first week.

Well a lot of games sold better than Pokemon did in the first week. :p

I just find people constantly comparing Nintendogs to Pokemon laughable. People really think it's such an easy task to create a next Pokemon craze?

But then I'll say no more. Call me when any edition of the dogs even come close to a million. :lol

*run away from thread*

duckroll

Hey DS/Nintendog fans, you guys won fair and square but now could you please entertain us with kickass photoshops like the one above while we weep? Here are some ideas: A giant Nintendog stepping on the PSP and smashing it (take the smashed PSP pic from that smashing video), a Nintendog biting Kutaragi, etc.

Be creative! Thanks! :D

Yoopoo said:
Unban JackFrost, wanna see his reaction :lol

That won't do any good, at the news he took his stylus and stabbed out his eyes, then proceeded to turn the PSP on himself and sent a UMD flying into his neck. Tragic really. :(

masud

Banned
I can't wait till Drinky comes in here and puts you all in your place. The DS objectively sucks and don’t you forget that.

mj1108

Oogami said:

I just find people constantly comparing Nintendogs to Pokemon laughable. People really think it's such an easy task to create a next Pokemon craze?

But then I'll say no more. Call me when any edition of the dogs even come close to a million. :lol

*run away from thread*

Are you so sure of this, that you'd be willing to put your account on the line?

Oogami

Banned
DCharlie said:
this is impossible, the PSP is better tech, how can this be happening?

What's happening? I don't see the big deal out of this. Even if the data of this week is true, DS has only recovered about 2 weeks of the PSP lead last month. :D

Oogami said:

*run away from thread*

I get the feeling is Nintendogs takes off and hits a million, you wouldn't show your face on these boards anyway.

I think it could be comparable to Pokemon because it does have the "playground" factor going for it, and by that I mean, when one kid takes this to school and shows his firends his virtual puppy and how it responds to his name etc. etc. etc., his friend then goes home and makes his parents buy him one too.

You never know .... it could happen here. I can see this causing a lot of kids to go crazy once they see it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oogami said:
What's happening? I don't see the big deal out of this. Even if the data of this week is true, DS has only recovered about 2 weeks of the PSP lead last month. :D
What numbers are you looking at?

duckroll

Oogami said:

There is damage control and then there is damage control. You're starting to sound awfully close to those Nintendo fans way back now. I'm ashamed to be associated with you, I thought most of the people supporting the PSP were supposed to be supporting it simply because that was the rational thing to do. But I guess that's not always the case. :D

Top Bottom