• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 20 - 26 June (free surprise inside!)

Jonnyram

1. GBA Mushiking: Greatest Champion no Michi - Sega - 208,000 (NEW)
2. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 32,000 (219,000)
3. PS2 Zill O'll infinite - Koei - 31,000 (NEW)
4. NGC Chibi Robo! - Nintendo - 29,000 (NEW)
5. PS2 Drag-on Dragoon 2 - Square Enix - 27,000 (153,000)
6. PS2 Rakushou! Pachislot 3 - Tecmo - 25,000 (NEW)
7. PSP Coded Arms - Konami - 14,000 (NEW)
8. PS2 FutaKoi Alternative - Marvellous Interactive - 13,000 (NEW)
9. NDS Famicom Wars DS - Nintendo - 12,000 (NEW)
10. PS2 Kenka Banchou - Spike - 12,000 (72,000)

Hardware:
DS 32,789
PS2 28,515
GBASP 21,904
PSP 20,862
GC 2,649
GBA 452
Xbox 184

mj1108

Brain Training:

5/16 - 5/22 43,000 (first week out)
5/23 - 5/29 48,000
5/30 - 6/5 30,000
6/6 - 6/12 33,000
6/13 - 6/19 34,000
6/20 - 6/26 32,000

Legs.

Jonnyram said:
Coded Arms > Famicom Wars DS

That's a shitty surprise. :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"7. PSP Coded Arms - Konami - 14,000 (NEW)
9. NDS Famicom Wars DS - Nintendo - 12,000 (NEW)"

since when did the japanese like shitty FPS's over tactical strategy games?!?

"1. GBA Mushiking: Greatest Champion no Michi - Sega - 208,000 (NEW)"

GO SEGA!

Spike

Didn't the Advance Wars I and II for GBA come out fairly recently? Maybe that factors into the low sales for the DS version?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Doesn't the low sales for Advance Wars DS have to do with the series not being very popular in Japan? How much did the GBA release (Advance Wars 1 + 2 IIRC) sell in Japan?

But to put matters into perspective....I don't think Coded Arms is doing very well either...it's more like two games putting up crap numbers. Unless they were released on June 26 or something...

mutsu

Disappointing that Goemon didn't even make it into the top 10.

Any ideas how many copies it sold Jonnyram?

Shao

Maybe game number one selling 170,000 more than game number 2 has an effect on the other poor showings for DS/GBA. The "Wars" is popular enough a franchise to have been Japan-only until Advance Wars 1.

Not to mention that a shitload of good games have come out in Japan recently, surely they're all busy playing and/or ran out of money.

Surprised to see Nintendogs completely out of there though...

heidern

Aww man, Famicom Wars and Goemon both bombed out. I guess that's what happens when you don't protect your franchises. It's a pretty cool chart this week with 5 systems represented and Coded Arms doing surprisingly well. Brain Training is also continuing its inexorable rise to power. Anyway, hardware predictions:
DS: 32,000
PS2: 27,000
PSP: 21,000
GBA+SP: 17,000
GC: 4,000
XBOX: 666

Man, I am very disappointed that Famicom Wars DS didn't take as many units. But I'm hoping it'll sustain itself a little longer by word-of-mouth.

jgkspsx

Aw, hell, why not. My predictions:
DS: 31K Train your brain and your puppies!
PS2: 26K Soft week
GBA/SP: 20K Fear the Beetle
PSP: 20K Coded Arms != hardware seller
GC: 6K Chibi Robo Power
XBox: 1K Didn't an XBox game make the top 20 on release day?

polg

heidern said:
Aww man, Famicom Wars and Goemon both bombed out. I guess that's what happens when you don't protect your franchises. It's a pretty cool chart this week with 5 systems represented and Coded Arms doing surprisingly well. Brain Training is also continuing its inexorable rise to power. Anyway, hardware predictions:
DS: 32,000
PS2: 27,000
PSP: 21,000
GBA+SP: 17,000
GC: 4,000
XBOX: 99
it will go below 100...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I was always under the impression that the Wars series never did very well in Japan. Just barely well enough for more of them to keep being made.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AWDS bombing is not a pretty sight

predictions:

DS: 31,000
PS2: 29,000
PSP: 22,000
GBASP: 19,000
GBA: 250
GC: 3,000
Xbox: 130

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I guess non-games are the future at least in Japan. When you see "games" like Nintendogs and Brain Training take off and more traditional stabilished name titles flop all in the same, number one selling platform in Japan you know that market will change.

I guess the paradigm of success for game design in Japan is shifting.

jgkspsx

Advance Wars 2 just came out in Japan in the last year, didn't it? Neither of them sold much of anything. It's turned into a primarily Western franchise.

Syb

I thought Goemon was popular in Japan...?

What was the release date? Maybe it hasnt been out a whole week yet. Hopefully it will appear next week.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Degenki now says AWDS sold more than Coded Arms :S

which one is correct Jonny or which is more reliable would be the appropiate question

mutsu

mj1108 said:
People on here usually go by MC's numbers since they survey more stores.

If MC survey more stores, how can Chibi robo sell 29,000 copies according to MC and 37,000 according to dengeki? :D

mj1108

Prediction time:

DS: 31,000
PS2: 24,,000
PSP: 19,000 <--- Yes, I'm taking a gamble...PSP could break below the 20k mark.
GBASP: 17,000
GC: 3,000
XBOX: 100

Jonnyram

mutsu said:
If MC survey more stores, how can Chibi robo sell 29,000 copies according to MC and 37,000 according to dengeki? :D
No company surveys every single store - they all estimate based on a sample. The company that surveys the most stores would presumably be more accurate... depends on the way they estimate the total from their sample, I guess.

The DS hasn't exactly sold to the demographic that likes military strategy games, unless yer little sister and her pals are closet Panzer General fiends.

cvxfreak

There are some stores Media Create and Dengeki survey exclusively. It's possible a Dengeki-exclusive store sold quite a few copies of Chibi Robo, which Media Create couldn't tabulate.

Usually, Famitsu provides a good tiebreaker.

kiryogi

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
The DS hasn't exactly sold to the demographic that likes military strategy games, unless yer little sister and her pals are closet Panzer General fiends.

Actually in general Doug, Wars isn't as revered in Japan as it is in America.

Top Bottom