• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 26 Sep - 2 Oct

Jonnyram

1. GBA Famicom Mini Super Mario Brothers reprint - Nintendo - 45,000 (283,000)
2. NDS Tamagotchi no Petit Petit Omisecchi - Bandai - 31,000 (237,000)
3. PS2 Urban Reign - Namco - 28,000 (new)
4. PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Moshouden - Koei - 25,000 (282,000)
5. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 22,000 (613,000)
6. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 17,000 (534,000)
7. PSP Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD - Sega - 16,000 (new)
8. GBA Super Robot Taisen J - Banpresto - 16,000 (140,000)
9. GBA Dr.Mario + Panel de Pon - Nintendo - 14,000 (87,000)
10. PSP Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Edition - Konami - 12,000 (148,000)

Hardware tomorrow.

polg

WoW

tamagotchi + mario ftw...

is any of the 16K from GG posting in GAF? I'd like some impressions :D

mutsu

Things seem to have finally slowed down this week... Brain Training DS and Yawaraka Atama Juku both see a big drop.

Do people ever stop buying Super Mario Bros?

Surprising Tamagotchi is still up there!

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Doom_Bringer said:
Did Sega ever release Brain training psp in Japan? Was it good? How did it compare to the ds version?

I saw an ad for that on tv the other day actually (at least I think it was that)

snatches

Winning Eleven.....

Ya Rly

That was supposed to be the saving grace for PSP in Japan.

What is left for this year in Japan as far as PSP goes?

Slow week. Looks like three weeks ago. Time for a new DS game to come on top. Whats releasing this week? Anything of note on PSP, GBA or DS?

Xbox Ninja Gaiden Black am cry. Well, its expected. Im still betting on 212 xbox's sold.

Rock_Man

Dengeki chart positions:
16 PS2 Nizu no Senritsu (Kid)
36 GC Viewtiful Joe Battle Carnival (Capcom)
37 PSP Gallery Fake (Bandai)
45 XB Ninja Gaiden Black (Tecmo)
48 PSP Densha de Go! Pocket: Yamate Hen (Taito)

Also worth mentioning, Super Mario 64 DS rose 19 places to #24! :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mutsu said:
Wow that's pretty bad. Why did Capcom even bother at all.

i dont think any viewtiful joe game received great sales numbers. i'm glad capcom are making more VJ games but it's a shame not many people are buying them

Zeo

Banned
Come on, there has to be SOME big game hitting PSP in the next few months, right? The Rockman remakes should do ok.

cvxfreak

I guess Super Mario 64 DS has become part of the 20th Mario madness. Surprised it wasn't the week of the micro launch.

mutsu

Wario64 said:
i dont think any viewtiful joe game received great sales numbers. i'm glad capcom are making more VJ games but it's a shame not many people are buying them

IIRC the first one on GC sold more than 100K copies in Japan. Anything after that was just bomba though.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Zeo said:
Come on, there has to be SOME big game hitting PSP in the next few months, right? The Rockman remakes should do ok.
I'll take that bet and predict they don't do well at all (ie 200k before the end of the year)

cvxfreak

I don't think any Rockman games (with the huge exception of the EXE series) break 100K in Japan anymore. Need to double check.

mutsu

olubode said:
I'll take that bet and predict they don't do well at all (ie 200k before the end of the year)

200K? Even the giant WE series is just crawling its way through to that mark. You have most likely overestimated the Rockman series here...

The recent "milking of Rockman" thread shows 24 million games sold with 100 Rockman titles, that's only an average of 24,000 copies per title. That average is influenced by the EXE series as well, so if you exclude EXE, the average is even lower.

mutsu said:
The recent "milking of Rockman" thread shows 24 million games sold with 100 Rockman titles, that's only an average of 24,000 copies per title. That average is influenced by the EXE series as well, so if you exclude EXE, the average is even lower.
Correction: 24 million / 100 = 240,000

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The WE9 numbers are quite shocking considering how well WE usually does in Japan. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen in Europe. WE is probably the most anticipated title in the UK and a lot of european countries along with Fifa, so technically it should sell well, but if WE didnt do as well as it should in japan, then maybe the same thing will happen in EU as well

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
also note that we have a fairly decent gundam game on the PSP, and i've not seen that make a splash on the charts either

mutsu

psycho_snake said:
The WE9 numbers are quite shocking considering how well WE usually does in Japan. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen in Europe. WE is probably the most anticipated title in the UK and a lot of european countries along with Fifa, so technically it should sell well, but if WE didnt do as well as it should in japan, then maybe the same thing will happen in EU as well

Nope. Remember Europe is Sonyland.

Trends for PSP in Japan cannot be compared to other areas of the world. PSP is turning into a situation somewhat similar to the SEGA Master Systems (IIRC), where it sold like crap in Japan compare to SNES, but in the US it sold very well.

DCharlie said:
also note that we have a fairly decent gundam game on the PSP, and i've not seen that make a splash on the charts either

How's the Gundam game by the way? Impressions? Do we have any screenshots online? I have seen zero screenshots for the game for some reason.

mutsu said:
Trends for PSP in Japan cannot be compared to other areas of the world. PSP is turning into a situation somewhat similar to the SEGA Master Systems (IIRC), where it sold like crap in Japan compare to SNES, but in the US it sold very well.
You're thinking Mega Drive/Genesis, not Master System. And yeah, it could very well work out that way. I'd put N64 in a similar category as well.

Mastersystem was king in Europe and bigger than NES for a long time (in UK a really long time)
megadrive was king in US and bigger than snes for a long time.

Kroole

MsterSystem bigger in Europe for a long time?

I really doubt it. Do you have figures or something or are you only relating that UK = Europe?

I just find it odd because atleast here in Sweden the NES dominated the Master System as long as I remember.

Kroole said:
MsterSystem bigger in Europe for a long time?

I really doubt it. Do you have figures or something or are you only relating that UK = Europe?

I just find it odd because atleast here in Sweden the NES dominated the Master System as long as I remember.

Well, the vast majority of Master System games (ports, mostly) released after the flood of first party titles were from British developers, and only ever released in PAL territories.

Top Bottom