• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 28 Mar - 3 Apr

Jonnyram

Software
1. PS2 Tekken 5 - Namco - 174,000 (NEW)
2. PS2 Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution - Konami - 67,000 (305,000)
3. NDS Touch! Kirby - Nintendo - 33,000 (108,000)
4. PS2 Wild Arms 4th Detonator - SCE - 27,000 (158,000)
5. PS2 Shining Force Neo - Sega - 18,000 (81,000)
6. PS2 Memories Off After Rain vol.3 Graduation special edition - Kid - 18,000 (NEW)
7. PS2 Dynasty Warriors 5 - Koei - 17,000 (842,000)
8. GBA Megaman EXE 5 Team of Colonel - Capcom - 12,000 (142,000)
9. NDS Egg Monster Hero - Square Enix - 12,000 (43,000)
10. PSP Bleach: Heat the Soul - SCE - 10,000 (47,000)

Hardware
PS2 44,117
DS 43,023
PSP 33,911
GBASP 17,710
GC 3,754
GBA 1,074
Xbox 335

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Hardware figures are not public yet, though a reliable source on 2ch says they are about 10,000 down from last week for each platform, with DS still in the lead.

Holy fuck, that would put the PSP at like 32,000 - the lowest yet!

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Software

Uh oh, I think Namco is going to fire some more innocent programmers for not making their 500k predictions.

AniHawk

Hardware figures are not public yet, though a reliable source on 2ch says they are about 10,000 down from last week for each platform, with DS still in the lead.

So GC, Xbox, and GBA are in negatives?

Srider

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Software

Cause 326,000 people got their US version on p2p, and 10,000 more people watched the FF6 ending remake.

Bebpo

Banned
Li Mu Bai said:
Was this really their japanese region estimate?

Yes. Along with their 300k (or was it 500k?) ToE PSP estimate, their 300k Namco Museum PSP estimate, and their 500k Xenosaga ep2 estimate!

duckroll

Bebpo said:
Yes. Along with their 300k (or was it 500k?) ToE PSP estimate, their 300k Namco Museum PSP estimate, and their 500k Xenosaga ep2 estimate!

It was 150k for Namco Museum PSP, 300k for ToE PSP, 500k for Tekken 5, 300k for Pac Pix, 600k for XS Ep1 and 600k for XS Ep2. :lol

AniHawk

Bebpo said:

I wonder if they've fired Broshnat yet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bebpo said:
I think they estimated 500k ToE.

Namco and Capcom always have way too high expectations for sales

Dead

well not really...yet
Cant wait to see the NamcoXCapcom numbers at release, not only Namco, but a MONOLITH developped namco game :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dead said:
Cant wait to see the NamcoXCapcom numbers at release, not only Namco, but a MONOLITH developped namco game :lol
You mean like Kaitos? :)

Jonnyram

Dead said:
I dunno... it's got a lot of popular characters in it, but I can't help but feel this is gonna bomb too. Aren't they expecting 600k or something from this?

At least they have Taiko to fall back on when everything else fails.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
I dunno... it's got a lot of popular characters in it, but I can't help but feel this is gonna bomb too. Aren't they expecting 600k or something from this?

That's what he meant! :D

Monolith + Namco + Capcom = BOMBATHON! :lol

At least they have Taiko to fall back on when everything else fails.

And Tales of Legendia. PS2 Tales have never failed. :D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Interesting hardware info, if true. This pushes the projected "PSP overtake" date back another month or so.

It's really interesting, the PSP has for the most part outsold the DS for most of this year, yet software sales wise the DS is just killing the PSP. Not that Sony cares, as long as the system sells do they really care WTF it's ultimate use is?

Dead

well not really...yet
duckroll said:
That's what he meant! :D

Monolith + Namco + Capcom = BOMBATHON! :lol
Oh shit, I didnt even include capbomb in the equation :lol

Bomba is invetible im afraid :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
Duckhuntdog said:
It's really interesting, the PSP has for the most part outsold the DS for most of this year, yet software sales wise the DS is just killing the PSP. Not that Sony cares, as long as the system sells do they really care WTF it's ultimate use is?
I'd say yes, considering they are taking what are most likely hefty losses on each unit sold. It's the whole razor/blades situation.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"It's really interesting, the PSP has for the most part outsold the DS for most of this year, yet software sales wise the DS is just killing the PSP. Not that Sony cares, as long as the system sells do they really care WTF it's ultimate use is?"

thing is , that when the DS out sold the PSP at the start , it pushed its userbase in JPN around 1 million ahead.

There are PSPs everywhere now - there is no longer a shortage. Well, as long as you want the value pack that is - the 'stand alone pack' has suspiciously failed to show up again after initial launch , so perhaps the 26,000 price is putting people off?

now the DS is outselling the PSP at the rate that the PSP was outselling the DS , does that mean that the PSP is now doomed? (of course not, but i'm sure some cockbite will claim so)

DCharlie

"Do the Japanese have two easters?"

yes, but for some reason this non-existant double festival only creates demand for Nintendo products apparently....

ourumov

I think it's pretty natural to see this happen. The NDS has shown awesome games in the latest weeks. IMO it would be nice that both handhelds kept selling about the same, overlapping the other's sales at some moments but well...who knows !!!!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
DCharlie said:
now the DS is outselling the PSP at the rate that the PSP was outselling the DS , does that mean that the PSP is now doomed? (of course not, but i'm sure some cockbite will claim so)

Anyone posting something like that would be banned by GAF's new standards.

More realistic point:

Its two more weeks until blue/pink DSs and Nintendogs hit. The black and white DSs pushed the DS ahead these two weeks. Will it REMAIN ahead, until the next upcoming surge?

If so, that would give Nintendo something like six weeks of outselling the PSP. By the time the PSP overtakes it again, they can just blow the lid off pokemon DS. :)

mj1108

DCharlie said:
There are PSPs everywhere now - there is no longer a shortage. Well, as long as you want the value pack that is - the 'stand alone pack' has suspiciously failed to show up again after initial launch , so perhaps the 26,000 price is putting people off?

I didn't know they stopped selling it standalone. Interesting....

In Japan they have regular Easter and then Super Easter, so Nintendo is just experiencing their annual Easter/Super Easter surge.

We'll see if these sales can hold during the post-Easter months, which generally tend to be slower.

DCharlie

well, either that or they are instantly selling out of stand alone packs.

I checked my local stores this morning on the way to work, and still no stand alones (today is restock thursday! ;)) but plenty of PSP Value packs it would seem.

"but wait... they don't celebrate Easter"

I know, ... but maybe all Nintendo fans are christians... and maybe they do celebrate Easter - obviously by buying DS's rather than Eggs, but that's all down to personal choice.

Odnetnin

Banned
soundwave05 said:
In Japan they have regular Easter and then Super Easter, so Nintendo is just experiencing their annual Easter/Super Easter surge.

We'll see if these sales can hold during the post-Easter months, which generally tend to be slower.

I would like to say ... are you serious about the Super Easter comment? :?

DCharlie said:
well, either that or they are instantly selling out of stand alone packs.

I checked my local stores this morning on the way to work, and still no stand alones (today is restock thursday! ;)) but plenty of PSP Value packs it would seem.

"but wait... they don't celebrate Easter"

I know, ... but maybe all Nintendo fans are christians... and maybe they do celebrate Easter - obviously by buying DS's rather than Eggs, but that's all down to personal choice.
maybe what that exec said about north america is also true for japan... no more standalones...

I honestly don't get this hate-hate situation between fans of the DS and the PSP. I personally own both and enjoy them on different levels. I mean isn't competition better for the gamer? Don't you want to see two successful gaming consoles?

Almost forgot, I'm posting on GAF. :lol

3. NDS Touch! Kirby - Nintendo - 33,000 (108,000)

I'm actually a bit surprised. Good to see Kirby still has some pulling power.

Ouch.

Borys

Banned
Odnetnin said:
:lol :lol but wait... they don't celebrate Easter.

I'm ignorant and I don't know: Japanese don't believe in Christ right? They aren't Christians? They worship Buddha, right?

Amir0x

Banned
Borys said:
I'm ignorant and I don't know: Japanese don't believe in Christ right? They aren't Christians? They worship Buddha, right?

No, like pretty much every country their are plenty of Christians in Japan too (2,000,000+, which is still pretty small compared to their popular) who celebrate Easter. It's just not a national holiday or anything. It's not a "marketed" holiday either, like in the US. But obviously Christianity is not the major denomination of Japan.

ourumov

I've heard that the Japanese born as Sintoists, then they marry as Christians and they finally die as budhists...Basically they are more interested in the cerimonies itself than the religions.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ourumov said:
I've heard that the Japanese born as Sintoists, then they marry as Christians and they finally die as budhists...Basically they are more interested in the cerimonies itself than the religions.

:lol That was kind of funny.

Anyway, I really like this chart, for obvious reasons :)

Team of Colonel doesn't want to die, does anyone have sales of Blues as well? I doubt it, as I don't ever remember seeing it in the top 10, but you never know

AniHawk

DarthWufei said:
Team of Colonel doesn't want to die, does anyone have sales of Blues as well? I doubt it, as I don't ever remember seeing it in the top 10, but you never know

332,974 for blue. So just over 475k for both.

Odnetnin

Banned
to the people going ouch at the Namco Tekken 5 numbers. Yeah... ouch but I do think the franchise has legs. Either that or Tekken 4 really left a bad taste in their mouths

Top Bottom