• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Charts: Media Create 3 - 9 October

Jonnyram

1. PS2 Dragonball Z Sparking! - Bandai - 326,000 (new)
2. GBA Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers - Nintendo - 40,000 (322,000)
3. NDS Tamagotchi no Petit Petit Omisetchi - Bandai - 31,000 (267,000)
4. NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 17,000 (630,000)
5. PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Moshouden - Koei - 17,000 (299,000)
6. NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 16,000 (549,000)
7. PS2 Urban Reign - Namco - 10,000 (38,000 - looks like it's not gonna reach Namco's 100k expectations)
8. GBA Super Robot Taisen J - Banpresto - 9,000 (149,000)
9. PSP Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - Konami - 9,000 (157,000)
10. GBA Mushiking - Sega - 9,000 (569,000)

Hardware tomorrow.

Mihail

Banned
Jonnyram said:
2. GBA Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers - Nintendo - 40,000 (322,000)
I posted this in the last Japan sales thread, but it deserves another go.

This is how I imagine a conversation between Nintendo execs and the Mario brothers:

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well, I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincerly.
The series is just fantastic,
it's cleaner than a squeegee.
Oh by the way, which one's Luigi?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,
We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get a game out.
You owe it to the people.
We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green,
Have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start,
It could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team.

Actually looking back at last week it seem Tamagotchi could have gone up this week. It sold 31,296 last week.

Also I think that puts SMB over 900k, didn't media create mention it was on 867k or there abouts. It'll definitely pass the million mark now.

jgkspsx

This was the week Gunstar Super Heroes came out, right? Absolute bomb (as it looked first day). An incredible shame.

Dark Age Iron Savior said:
For fuck's sake, guys, stop buying MushiKing!

Mushi King is a killer app for the younger elementary school age kids. It's paper-stone-scissors based and easy enough for them to grasp and have fun with. Plus every electronics store or arcade will have at least one Mushi King game there for kids to mess with. It's actually pretty huge. While it has the kid's attention Sega would be wise to milk it for all it's worth because there are already similar competing games (same simple play style) except with licensed "cooler" and more well known characters showing up.

ddksanrokumaru said:
Mushi King is a killer app for the younger elementary school age kids. It's paper-stone-scissors based and easy enough for them to grasp and have fun with. Plus every electronics store or arcade will have at least one Mushi King game there for kids to mess with. It's actually pretty huge. While it has the kid's attention Sega would be wise to milk it for all it's worth because there are already similar competing games (same simple play style) except with licensed "cooler" and more well known characters showing up.

LOGIC SHOULD NOT DEFEAT TASTE!

GAMES WITH BEETLES ARE NOT THE FUTURE!

polg

ddksanrokumaru said:
While it has the kid's attention Sega would be wise to milk it for all it's worth because there are already similar competing games (same simple play style) except with licensed "cooler" and more well known characters showing up.

DS version coming...

polg

behold T3H FUTAHR!

Red%20Poplar%20Leaf%20Beetle.jpg

Beezy

In the past, someone like you probably said that games involving mushroom eating plumbers are not the future. :/

polg

kIdMuScLe said:
PSP wins the Hardware sales. PSP is more popular in Japan! is true!! as reported on New York Post!!!

SPIKE IN PSP SALES 1.5 million sold in a week thanks to the ANTI EASTER!

mj1108

kIdMuScLe said:
PSP wins the Hardware sales. PSP is more popular in Japan! is true!! as reported on New York Post!!!

Someone should email that guy asking him if he realizes it's Easter in Japan still to get a reaction. :lol

CVXFREAK said:
Another low week with mostly repeat hits. DBZ is doing well, though. Is this another Budokai?
actually, no... it's developed by SPIKE!

and it's supposed to be an actual good game!

(as opposed to just not sucking or just being a 'good dbz game' heh)

Syb

C'Mon Brain Training(s), stay in a little longer...

*Me hopes when the new Training is released that the current 2 are still in the Top 10*

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
All Four Brain Games in the Top Ten.... I dont think it could last that long?

Woha, great sales for Tamagotchi, it didn't slow down at all compared to last week!

Brain Trainings either finally slowing down or it's just cause the sales are low overall.

Wow Brain Training is finally loosing some of the green speckeled steam. Any Big releases next week? I know Nintendo is going to dominate on the 20th.

Taker666

Stopsign said:
Wow Brain Training is finally loosing some of the green speckeled steam. Any Big releases next week? I know Nintendo is going to dominate on the 20th.

Nothing much this week (only Londonian Gothics for the DS).

Obviously,as you said, next week is big on the DS (though I'm not sure they will dominate any more than they currently do)-

Super Princess Peach
Pokemon Puzzle
Tendo Doctor 2
Where do babies come from?
+ Endless Summer

PSP has a good week as well with-

Brain Training (which should be big, could even push PSP sales)
Burnout legends
+ Fuku Fuku (which is Sony's Animal Crossing type game)

Grug

I didnt even know what Mushiking was when I was in Tokyo a few months ago. I sure did notice alot of kids wearing insect hats though.

Then when I took the girlfriend to Joypolis I was like "sweet, a 3d movie bug simulator".

We got on and sat there for 10 minutes watching bugs philosophise which each other in Japanese while the simulator bounced around at random. Thats 10 mins I wont get back.

Juice

Japanese sales charts have gone from dull, to depressing, to downright uninteresting.

Japan hates buying videogames now. We get it.

.... *tear*

jarrod

Banned
ki/oon said:
Hardware sales :

DS : 39000
PSP : 31000
GBM : 24000
Wow. That's the closest I've seen DS/PSP in awhile. I'm guessing that with adding the other models, GBA managed around 35k?

Elios83

Juice said:
Japanese sales charts have gone from dull, to depressing, to downright uninteresting.

.... *tear*

Infact, oh no Japan charts are slowly becoming as uninteresting as the USA charts :D ;)

Jonnyram

Juice said:

.... *tear*
It's just a quiet week. Everywhere has them once in a while. Things will pick up like crazy next month ;)

olimario

Banned
Does the DS have a much higher attach rate than the PSP in Japan? Hardware always seems a lot closer than software.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jarrod said:
Wow. That's the closest I've seen DS/PSP in awhile. I'm guessing that with adding the other models, GBA managed around 35k?
I guess you missed it three weeks ago when the difference was only 2K?

rawk

Mihail said:
I posted this in the last Japan sales thread, but it deserves another go.

This is how I imagine a conversation between Nintendo execs and the Mario brothers:

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well, I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincerly.
The series is just fantastic,
it's cleaner than a squeegee.
Oh by the way, which one's Luigi?

We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get a game out.
You owe it to the people.
We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green,
Have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start,
It could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team.

You posted it TWICE and still didn't change the lyrics to "tell you the name of the Game Boy"??

mckmas8808

Banned
The hardware numbers are closer than I thought they would be. The PSP didn't get it's a$$ whooped this time. Probably a slow week like others have said.

Mihail

Banned
rawk said:
You posted it TWICE and still didn't change the lyrics to "tell you the name of the Game Boy"??
I applaud you, good sir, mostly for recognizing the song, but partially for putting me in my place.

Dalthien

olimario said:
Does the DS have a much higher attach rate than the PSP in Japan? Hardware always seems a lot closer than software.
Actually, I went back and included them in the software chart. Japan DS & PSP SW - LTD
Note that these aren't 100% because I can't track the sales once they fall off the charts, but by the time the sales fall off the charts, they are so small as to be fairly irrelevant in the total software picture.

Basically, DS = 2.05 and PSP = 1.61.

I won't be updating this week's numbers until the weekend, and my guess is that each of those tie ratios should be about 0.06-0.12 higher in order to account for the sales of games after they fall off the charts.

Top Bottom