• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Charts: Media Create 31 Oct - 6 Nov

Jonnyram

1. PS2 Daito Giken Koushiki Pachislot Simulator Osu! Banchou - Daito Giken - 96,096 (new)
2. DS Daredemo Asobi Taizen - Nintendo - 58,376 (new)
3. PS2 Beat Down - Capcom - 38,710
4. PS2 Wander and the Colossus - SCE - 27,079 (167,374)
5. DS Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 19,598 (720,223)
6. DS Tamagotchi no Petit Petit Omisetchi - Bandai - 18,959 (359,110)
7. DS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 17,147 (627,872)
8. PSP Nouryoku Trainer Portable - Sega - 16,980 (79,460)
9. DS Pokemon Torouze - Pokemon - 15,785 (112,459)
10. PS2 Dragonball Z Sparking! - Bandai - 14,658 (483,923)

Hardware tomorrow.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Go Colossus! :D Even though that's quite a big drop. :/
And I'm a bit surprised to see the PSP Brain Training game still up there.

What is Daredemo Asobi Taizen BTW?

Meier

I know the Pachislot games are always like 2800 yen or some other discounted price, but it amazes me how they continue to sell so well.. how many different pachinko simulation games do Japanese gamers need? o_O

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It'd be funny if PSP's best selling game becomes Sega's Brain Training game. :lol

jj984jj

Die Squirrel Die said:
Wasn't the DC's best selling game in Japan Seaman? I remember it stayed on the charts for ages and ages, about a year.
But it would be more ironic in this case since PSP fanboys bash the DS's "non-games," so if this becomes the best selling PSP game in Japan I'd be lmao.
Oxymoron said:
Looks like assorted games.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/atgj/movie/opening.html

And by assorted, I mean a hell of a lot.
It's cheap too.

jj984jj

CVXFREAK said:
I'm pretty sure a lot of Japanese gamers find the US charts to be equally pathetic.
They probably laugh at all the FPS, Sports (except WE9), & Racing games on it.

Osorio

mj1108 said:
When you talk "shittiness", are you referring to the numbers or the titles -- or both?
Mostly the titles because it's great how some people from the UK apologize about their country's bad taste in the UK charts threads. I think the numbers are fine since UK is the 3rd largest market as an individual country isn't it?

mutsu

Jonnyram said:
9. DS Pokemon Torouze - Pokemon - 15,785 (112,459)

Proves that anything with Pokemon in it just sells like hotcakes.

Jonnyram said:
2. DS Daredemo Asobi Taizen - Nintendo - 58,376 (new)

Not bad... I was expecting more though. But this one will have legs I am sure of that.

Jonnyram

Dark Age Iron Savior said:
On an unrelated note, I just found out that Frontier Stories placed 48th in sales the week it was released.

Japan fucking sucks.
I would have bought it, but everyone told me it sucks.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I would have bought it, but everyone told me it sucks."

Mrs Charlie also concured that it was a bit weak.

Looks fairly interesting though, might snag her copy.

cvxfreak

Dengeki numbers are out:

Pachislot: 107,000
Daredemo Asobi Taizen: 58,000
Beatdown: 43,000
PSP Nouryoku Trainer Portable: 25,000 / 88,000
Yawaraka Atamajuku: 647,000

Dalthien

BorkBork said:
I'm shocked that Tamagotchi is still up there.
Don't be. It will outsell every single PSP game released yet in Japan within a month- possibly within the next 2 weeks, if sales hold up. If nothing else, it shows that 3rd party games can be very successful on the DS.

Jonnyram

Dark Age Iron Savior said:
going by your avatar, then, you can be considered extremely tasteful and highly original?
Of course :p
Psygnosis were responsible for plenty of classics, nevermind giving DMA Design (now known as Rockstar) a break in the industry.

Why are you so defensive about CIMA anyway?

Jonnyram said:
Of course :p
Psygnosis were responsible for plenty of classics, nevermind giving DMA Design (now known as Rockstar) a break in the industry.

Why are you so defensive about CIMA anyway?

yeah, but, now you've used their awesome owl logo for something evil :\

I defend CIMA because it was a fucking great idea that obviously was quite flawed. I read an interview that said it was supposed to be the first part of a trilogy - and, much like with Beyond Good and Evil's intended trilogy, I believe the second and third titles may never come, no matter how much I want them.

Also, it had some really great music for a GBA game, thanks mainly to the work of Yasunori Shiono and Yukio Nakajima - two great composers who shone brightly during the SNES era (Lufia 2, Energy Breaker, Chaos Seed), but have since composed very little.

And, finally, it's Neverland. They could help co-produce another ten or twenty Rengokus, and make Lufia Kart and Lufia Xtreme Snowboarding and whatever else, and they would still be deserving of love because <i>for God's sake they made Lufia 2.</i>

So, yeah. CIMA may be a mess, but it's one of the best messes I've ever played.

*notes they are in fact making another Rengoku*

God dammit.

Juice

Jonnyram said:
I would have bought it, but everyone told me it sucks.

That's Japan in a nutshell. Everyone kinda likes to do what everyone else is doing. Word of mouth and mutually agreed upon impressions are incredibly powerful factors in determining whether something is cool or not.

cvxfreak

Juice said:
That's Japan in a nutshell. Everyone kinda likes to do what everyone else is doing. Word of mouth and mutually agreed upon impressions are incredibly powerful factors in determining whether something is cool or not.

I guess the Brain Training games are evidence of that.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Juice said:

How is that different from the rest of the world?

Top Bottom