• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Charts: Media Create 7 - 13 November

Jonnyram

1. GC Mario Party 7 - Nintendo - 83,974 (new)
2. PS2 Shinobido Imashine - Spike - 48,760 (new)
3. DS Daredemo Asobi Taizen - Nintendo - 37,773 (96,149)
4. PS2 Daito Giken Pachislot: Osu Banchou - Daito Giken - 29,112 (125,208)
5. PS2 NBA Live 06 - EA - 20,883 (new)
6. DS Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 19,335 (739,558)
7. DS Tamagotchi no Petit Petit Omisetchi - Bandai - 16,483 (375,592)
8. DS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 14,862 (642,735)
9. PSP Nouryoku Trainer Portable - Sega - 14,552 (94,012)
10. PS2 Beat Down - Capcom - 13,572 (52,282)

Hardware tomorrow, as usual.

Think of the boost it'll get at holiday season, cheap game, extremely popular with everyone. I'd bet my house that by January it'll hit the million mark on the MC charts.

Brofist

BlueTsunami said:
Once again...

wtf?

Not a big deal really. It's probably partly because of the cover, and partly because basketball is gaining a little popularity in Japan.

B000B8FB8W.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jonnyram

Calidor said:
solid numbers for daredemo... next week is gonna be interesting.. Pokemon vs Talkman vs GOW
Don't ignore the new Gundam game. I saw craploads of people buying it this morning :/

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Calidor said:
solid numbers for daredemo... next week is gonna be interesting.. Pokemon vs Talkman vs GOW

Not really. We all know Pokemon will trump all, regardless of the genre, quality, etc.

Mrbob

Jonnyram said:
1. GC Mario Party 7 - Nintendo - 83,974 (new)
2. PS2 Shinobido Imashine - Spike - 48,760 (new)
3. DS Daredemo Asobi Taizen - Nintendo - 37,773 (96,149)
4. PS2 Daito Giken Pachislot: Osu Banchou - Daito Giken - 29,112 (125,208)
5. PS2 NBA Live 06 - EA - 20,883 (new)
6. DS Otona no DS Training - Nintendo - 19,335 (739,558)
7. DS Tamagotchi no Petit Petit Omisetchi - Bandai - 16,483 (375,592)
8. DS Yawaraka Atamajuku - Nintendo - 14,862 (642,735)
10. PS2 Beat Down - Capcom - 13,572 (52,282)

Hardware tomorrow, as usual.

Are things really this bad in Japan?

mutsu

Very weak launch for MP7... I guess people are getting tired of the game finally.

Good, and expected, legs for Daredemo Asobi Taizen. This will be there along with Brain Trainings throughout Christmas.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
kpop100 said:
Not a big deal really. It's probably partly because of the cover, and partly because basketball is gaining a little popularity in Japan.

B000B8FB8W.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OMG that looks so surreal for some reason. Thats pretty cool that basketball is being taken in like this

GhaleonEB

Didn't this debut with ~40k, then drop out of the top 10? Seems like it's been creeping back up. Legs afterall.

mutsu said:
Very weak launch for MP7... I guess people are getting tired of the game finally.

It's not a bad start, Mario Party 5 started weaker in 2003

Media Creakte "24. - 30. November":

(GCN) Mario Party 5 82'500 82'500

And Mario Party 6 dont start very better in 2004

Media Create 5.11.04 - 21.11.04.

(GCN) Mario Party 6 98"747 98"747

Jonnyram

Mrbob said:
Are things really this bad in Japan?
Well, there's not really been many big games released recently, which doesn't help. This week will be a little different with Gundam, God of War, Pokemon, then next week the major holiday games start coming into the market.

apotema

Unfortunately Gundam will be bigger than Pokemon this week, this is one of the bigger Gundams, maybe it will make like 300k in a week or more, while Pokemon will make like 120K for the DS and 90 or 100K for the GBA, but maybe in their entire lifetime they will beat Gundam

Oh BTW, God of War and Talkman will bomb big

Nice start for Mario Party 7, considering the sales level of GC, and considering that the previous ones were released closer to the Xmas rush

I expected Daredemo Azobi Taizen to be the next Brain Training, but maybe it wont be as huge, maybe it will make just 600K

apotema

Does anybody has the first week result for Mario Party 4??? I remember it was the same release date of MP7

We need another SHRINE OF DATA, did anyone make a backup file of this website??? That would rock

Jonnyram

apotema said:
Does anybody has the first week result for Mario Party 4??? I remember it was the same release date of MP7
177,605 according to Famitsu. MP4 is currently the highest selling MP on GC too, I believe.

cvxfreak

jj984jj said:
I know man, every week. :\

Only the most devout Nintendo troll would even call out a problem for the Japanese industry. These kinds of comments are as valid as Japanese gamers calling the US market shitty because it outsold the GC.

Mrbob

CVXFREAK said:
Only the most devout Nintendo troll would even call out a problem for the Japanese industry. These kinds of comments are as valid as Japanese gamers calling the US market shitty because it outsold the GC.

What about the people laughing because PS2 owners didn't want a hand me down 9 month late RE4 port?

Wow that was hard.

That top 10 list is pathetic. A Mario Party game at the top. Two brain training games on teh list. More nongames on DS and PS2. A subpar capcom BeU. I have to question Japans gaming tastes when they buy all drivel.

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
What about the people laughing because PS2 owners didn't want a hand me down 9 month late RE4 port?

Wow that was hard.

That top 10 list is pathetic. A Mario Party game at the top. Two brain training games on teh list. More nongames on DS and PS2. A subpar capcom BeU. I have to question Japans gaming tastes when they buy all drivel.

People were laughing at RE4's bombage on PS2 not because they were happy about it (unless you're a hardcore GC fanboy) but because there were people proclaiming that "RE had gone home" (even though it only had an exclusive home for about a year before the GC announcement) and that the GC was doomed. Somewhat annoying people like Solid instigated responses like these, and I don't blame them. If they're laughing because it bombed and they take pleasure out of that, then they suck.

Ever been to Japan? Ever experienced their way of culture and how it's, you know, DIFFERENT? Quite frankly your opinion isn't worth much. I'm sure there's a Japanese Bobsan that gets a kick out of seeing "crap" like the Matrix and endless FPS/action games and whatnot top US charts (of course that's my opinion).

I'll glad take anything on this Japanese list over most US top lists anyday, BTW.

apotema

Also they are releasing a J League 9 game, it may sell well, not as well as Gundam or the 2 Pokemons, but better than GoW and Talkman

Can we start with hardware predictions??

DS: 46,600
PSP: 26,400
PS2: 23,000
GBA Micro: 7,800
GBA SP: 6,300
GC: 3,900
Xbox: 101

Mrbob

Yeah I guess the difference in taste is that those of us living in the west actually like real games. Nothing new so we might as well move on.

Amir0x

Banned
To be fair, CVXFreak, different culture or not the list sucks, these games suck.

Not to say much for US or European audiences either. Fuck them too.

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
Yeah I guess the difference in taste is that those of us living in the west actually like real games. Nothing new so we might as well move on.

Well, condescending as your opinion is, you're certainly entitled to it. :D So yes, moving on.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
To be fair, CVXFreak, different culture or not the list sucks, these games suck.

Not to say much for US or European audiences either. Fuck them too.

Well, yeah, pretty much. It's just entirely unfair to single out Japan just because someone doesn't like Nintendo or is pro-Xbox.

Amir0x

Banned
I've become like one of them old codgers I promised I'd never be, bitching about all these newfangled "gamers" shitting up the userbase and buying nothing but garbage.

But if you're gonna ignore shit like Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts and Fire Emblem... I'm joining the fire bregade. To start a REVOLUTION...

Mrbob

CVXFREAK said:
Well, yeah, pretty much. It's just entirely unfair to single out Japan just because someone doesn't like Nintendo or is pro-Xbox.

You would be wrong on one account.

I don't dislike Nintendo.

I dislike Nintendo fanboys.

Key difference.

Pretty sad to see you try to twist these discussion based on my supposed allegiances. I've been relatively pro DS lately if you have been paying attention. ;)

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
You would be wrong on one account.

I don't dislike Nintendo.

I dislike Nintendo fanboys.

Key difference.

I'm sure you don't, but it's honestly a little easy to get that feeling. I mean, saying something like "it's not a matter of if PSP will become the market leader, but when" that kinda gives that impression. Especially when it looks somewhat unlikely at the moment. That said I can't stand Nintendo fanboys either, but I think people glorify them a little too much.

EDIT: Don't worry, I've really got nothing against you. So I apologize if it seems that way. :D

EDIT 2: I think I exploded in this thread because I've just read way too much BS lately. So apologies again. :)

Kangu

Banned
So SotC just dissapeared off the charts? Fuck gamers. Seriously. There has never been a game like it, and people can't ignore it fast enough. Gamers don't need a revolution, they need to get beat upside the head. The fact that they can't recognize an original concept to save their lives just saddens me, it's not like they get them every day.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Perhaps its just my faulty memory, but I'm seeing total sales for DS games higher than anything we saw on the GBA (sans Pokemon).

Anyone got a top ten list of GBA games?

Jonnyram

Gahiggidy said:
Anyone got a top ten list of GBA games?
1. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - 5,080K
2. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen - 2,550K
3. Pokemon Emerald - 1,612K
4. Rockman EXE 4 Tournament Blue Moon/Red Sun - 925K
5. Hoshi no Kirby: Yume no Izumi Deluxe - 863K
6. Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros. - 832K
7. Super Mario Advance 2 - 805K
8. Mario Kart Advance - 755K