• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 8/9/04

cvxfreak

1. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8
2. (GameBoy Advance - Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance
3. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Densetsu no Starfi 3
4. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG
5. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11
6. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Jissen Pachislot: Fist of the North Star
7. (PlayStation 2 - Bandai) ONE PIECE Land Land!
8. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2
9. (GameCube - Bandai) Kinseki Gashbell!! Yujoh Tag Battle FullPower!
10. (GameBoy Advance - Tomy) Naruto RPG: Uketsugareshihi no Ishi

cvxfreak

A platforming character shaped like a star. I guess he can be likened to Kirby.

Would a Kirby/Starfi crossover work, ala Crash/Spyro? :D I bet that'd be a blockbuster among Japanese gamers and would introduce the character to U.S. soil.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
CVXFREAK said:
Would a Kirby/Starfi crossover work, ala Crash/Spyro? :D I bet that'd be a blockbuster among Japanese gamers and would introduce the character to U.S. soil.
I would say yes. Very similar styles and design goals. I imagine they could do something with that, yeah. Tose clearly has been taking little things from the Kirby series, especially the new multiplayer minigames that the third has, ala the games that the GBA Kirby games have.

I'll get my impressions on Stafy 3 up soon. I'm just trying to get far enough to say something of worth. I have no idea how long the game is, and I feel like the game's just breaking out of 'tutorial-type gameplay' and getting into some tougher platforming and making more use of having two characters. It's certainly a gorgeous game, let me tell you. A lot of cool animation quirks, moving backgrounds, vibrant colors, etc.

cvxfreak

Sounds like a blast to play. I'm kicking myself for not picking up Starfi 1 and 2 in Japan when they were 1980 Yen each. :(

Li Mu Bai

Banned
I keep on looking at the FF1&2 sales, then reflecting back to an ignorant comment someone made in the DS development thread. Stating that Square's support doesn't mean much in the handheld arena. This game has been remade 3 times across three different consoles, it continues to perform. Unbelievable is the strength of the FF name, Kingdom Hearts GBA is going to sell a ton.

cvxfreak

Square Enix HAS been pretty inconsequential to the success of the GBA so far, but it doesn't mean they don't matter.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Square Enix HAS been pretty inconsequential to the success of the GBA so far, but it doesn't mean they don't matter.

I'm referring to Square, not Enix & their IPs specifically. And I wasn't talking about the GBA's overall success as a handheld platform, simply Square's cumulative software sales. And FF:CC caused GBA sales to dramatically increase in JPN, & even NA. The GBA sales for Feb. showed a considerable spike, when no new "anticipated" software was introduced. Attributing cause? FF:CC. Early & often DS support I feel will simply contribute to the platform's overall success, esp. in JPN.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
evilromero said:
Is Stafi 3 really that different from 2. I played the shit out 1 & 2 but 3 just looks like more of the same.
After playing through the first 6 worlds, I'd say no, it's not that different.

Top Bottom