• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: Nintendo Account launching today, official blog launched too

L~A

Page went live right now.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html

img_hero.png

Until February 1st, get 100Yen for every 1000Yen spent on the Nintendo eShop. It's:

- 1000 Yen per 24h, doesn't work if you add it over the course of 2 days.
- spending limit of 10 000 Yen per 24h (cannot get more than 1 000 Yen back per day)
- money sent via code, received via email roughly one week after you spent the money
- the money you get via this promotion doesn't count toward your next 100 Yen "coupon"

They also launched an official blog:

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp

That deal is pretty great. 10% back redeemable every ~10 bucks.
Kind of like the DDP which gave you 10% back redeemable every 50 bucks spent. Really miss that deal

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Registered through my NNID, glad that I managed to get a nickname I wanted.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so it doesn't replace NNID, instead you have to link both like with Club Nintendo?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just registered mine. It has a purchase history section with all my transactions over the years, hopefully that becomes more than just a list.

hawthorneluke

Neo Member
Wait, so it doesn't replace NNID, instead you have to link both like with Club Nintendo?

For now at least, with the Wii U and 3DS still in existence. I'm guessing the new nintendo account will be all that's used from here on though (starting with smart phone stuff, which is the only thing they've said so far on the site).

It appears that buying and downloading games (as well as demos) to your Wii U and 3DS from their site works as of now too.

Persona7

Banned
If you make a new NNID after this launches do you automatically have this new account or do you still have to link it?

Edit : oh, I see how it works now.

Garou

This is just an account-system to combine NNID and social networks with a link to Nintendos digital store. In addition you get special offers like the 100 for 1000 campaign right now or other personalized specials.

On Wii U and 3DS this changes absolutely nothing.

Saro

Nintendo pls I need this to allow me to move my Splatoon saves and account to an new wiiu so me and my brother can play at the same time.

seems you can safely link & unlink all those accounts (including NNID)... so yeah nintendo account is like a centralized account system
woops somehow it doesn't work? hmm

also tried to register using my non-jp nnid and it didn't work

hawthorneluke

Neo Member
This is just an account-system to combine NNID and social networks with a link to Nintendos digital store. In addition you get special offers like the 100 for 1000 campaign right now or other personalized specials.

On Wii U and 3DS this changes absolutely nothing.

Allows you to buy/download games/demos to those systems from your pc/phone browser though.

Garou

Allows you to buy/download games/demos to those systems from your pc/phone browser though.

That has existed for ages through the NNID-website when you bought a code through Amazon and others.

The only new thing is being able to see your eShop-history from your NNID on the web.

blamite

Just registered mine. It has a purchase history section with all my transactions over the years, hopefully that becomes more than just a list.

Just Wii U and 3DS, or are Wii purchases included as well? super wishful thinking, but maybe???

hawthorneluke

Neo Member
That has existed for ages through the NNID-website when you bought a code through Amazon and others.

The only new thing is being able to see your eShop-history from your NNID on the web.

It has? As in, you buy a code from amazon, put in said code on the website via say your phone, and your Wii U/3DS downloads it for you without touching it?

Either way, you can now add funds to your account from the website, unless you could do that too before?

Gnilres

So they receive 10% back (100 yen for every 1000 spent). If there's a similar situation in the west, I will be a happy camper.

Making my account was painless because if you are logged into Miiverse on your PC it will grab your NNID details from that when making a new account. Pretty cool shit. (I was logged in 'cuz I was grabbing a screenshot from YW2)

Top Bottom