• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: pictures of Luigi Mansion Arcade location test

-Luigis Mansion arcade game.
-1st person perspective. Luigi does appear in some cutscenes.
-Controller shaped like the Poltergust (including rectangular end), two buttons (trigger + strobe). Shake left and right to suck in ghosts.
-Made by Capcom.

ixCkD3k.jpg

Any reason why this game may not come to Wii U?

It sounds like it'd work pretty well with a WiiU controllers, so I guess it will at some point. Digital download perhaps?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What, why?

Because Japanese?

You want it to be called Luigi No Mansion instead? The 's doesn't really make sense in their language.

Sure, Mansion is an english word, but you'd really be emulating an Englsh sentence piece by piece if you called it "Luigisu Mansion" and it doesn't make sense in this context. It's not a game about learning English or going to America or some shit.

So this is essentially a gun game?

It may work with a Wii Remote/Wii Remote Plus, either way I am afraid they won't bother to bring it outside of Japan.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So this is essentially a gun game?

It may work with a Wii Remote/Wii Remote Plus, either way I am afraid they won't bother to bring it outside of Japan.

Those Mario Kart GP games never came home, so I'd say they are perfectly fine with not mandating a console version.

Lernaean

Banned
I'd prefer a new LM game made from the ground up for the home console, WiiU or future, rather than a port of a first person perspective arcade LM game.
Good to know about this new venture for Nintendo though. They are currently pushing 2 new arcade games.

Those Mario Kart GP games never came home, so I'd say they are perfectly fine with not mandating a console version.

On a side note, I was lucky to see Mario kart and F-Zero - the one with the Gamecube SD card slot - cabinets in Piccadilly Circus, London; they are cool and all, but I gather they were meant specifically to be arcade games.

One thing though, the face-capture feature in Mario Kart was nice, I was pretty sure they would have brought it - Miis are similar in concept but having your face on the screen is another thing - in the home console space in the future, but as far as I know they did something similar only on 3DS with "Face raiders"

I'd prefer a new LM game made from the ground up for the home console, WiiU or future, rather than a port of a first person perspective arcade LM game.
Good to know about this new venture for Nintendo though. They are currently pushing 2 new arcade games.

Yeah, based on what we know about this, I'd much prefer a new game to an arcade port, tbh. Still excited for a potential Pokken port, though.

Top Bottom