• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3 Line-Up Information

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
thx to one @ b3d for more info

one said:
up9576.jpg

klee123

Holy shit, the video at the osaka link shows A LOT of people lining up.

Personally I don't think I can ever camp out for a console, I guess I'm too lazy.

Supa

Sho Nuff said:
Just for giggles, I stopped by the Toys R Us that's near my house about 8PM. It's a pretty huge TRU, and the lot was dark, but I saw about a dozen people lined up. There was a queue that was labeled "PS3--12 UNITS ONLY." I would say that half the people there were mafia, and they all went silent and were glaring at me, so I got the f*ck out of there. On the way out I noticed this scary-looking guy standing at the edge of the lot, just staring. Jesus christ! You guys can HAVE your PS3s.
You are SO getting quoted, that's hilarious! :lol

marwan

Banned
if japan is only getting 80k PS3s, why are there so many people lines up? i take it each store in japan would not get more than 4-5 PS3s, so 97% of people lined up would not be getting a PS3.....right?

glaurung

marwan said:
if japan is only getting 80k PS3s, why are there so many people lines up? i take it each store in japan would not get more than 4-5 PS3s, so 97% of people lined up would not be getting a PS3.....right?

A chance for XB360 to step up and fill those tear-dropping faces full with Microsoft's equally (?) good (?) current-generation console?

Sho Nuff

Banned
marwan said:

I'm not an expert on supply and demand or anything, but I think there are going to be a bunch of furious people tomorrow at 7am.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
marwan said:
Theres a couple stores having a couple hundred ps3's. Others will have single/double digit amounts I assume.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Troidal said:
You can post on 2ch from your cellies.

Btw, Yodobashi in Shinjuku has about 30 people lined up according to AndriaSang. Hes 3rd in line, go go go fight the fight! :)

Thats' cool I wish it was easier to post on NeoGaf from your cell *hint* *hint*

callous

Holy shit. Plans to line up at Tsutaya abandoned, and the preorder is most certainly getting picked up in broad daylight.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
marwan said:

I think lining up is some sort of pastime in Japan, you know something you do with the whole family or with your friends. Here in the west we go to the movies, but there they go and line up for whatever is hot that week.

I have absolutely no idea

Anyway what's up with the whole Yakuza thing, that's sounds like some really surreal stuff. Or are yakuza encounters normal there?

Sho Nuff

Banned
I was in Japan for the PS2 launch. Here is me after the manager came out at 3am and gave us tickets. I'm in a state of delusion as I could't get to sleep and kept having weird hallucinations. BTW you can't tell, but it's raining in that pic.

screwyouzo0.jpg

I barely got one. And remember, that launch had ten times the number of units as this one. Happy hunting everyone!

edit: I never encounter Yakuza

ant1532

Banned
Omg!!! This is getting me really hyped! Damn. Does anyone know if the guy from largeprimenumbers is doing another video thing? Whats his name? I know everyone hates his write ups but damn are those videos hilarious!

His site is down too.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
taken from the ps3forums.

200611101757858634.jpg

I swear my box better not look like that when I get it. Looks like somebody dropped it a few times.
200611101757820136.jpg

definately a shiny piece of hardware. :D

170 people showed up outside one store at 6pm
photo-20061110-110927-0-07ffd7c66962af4b842e7e9b23821f7e.jpg

650 people have showed up outside one store in Osaka!
photo-20061110-120257-0-b731ef86f0d18afd12721cf9cc86a765.jpg

gofreak said:
Are DCharlie et al getting theirs at midnight, or are they facing a night camping out? :eek:

no I think he just goes to the local mom and pop store and gets his systems from there. No lines, no wait and no bull shit. That's what he did for PSP IIRC

Sho Nuff

Banned
I am gonna predict that there are gonna be fights/violence by the end of the day.

edit: DCharlie just emailed me and said that there are reports of fighting in Yuurakcho.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doom_Bringer said:
no I think he just goes to the local mom and pop store and gets his systems from there. No lines, no wait and no bull shit. That's what he did for PSP IIRC

"
I called JohnTV, and he, DCharlie, Reno, etc are all at Tsutaya."

?

DCharlie had a preorder, but he didn't seem too sure if it'd come through for him. Maybe he decided to get in line to be certain..

Troidal said:
I've been reading the 2ch threads, hilarious.

Actually I wonder what Toys R Us is going to do for launch? That might be another place I should look at :)

Toys R Us in Tokyo's outskirts are usually really good. Lined up there for DS Lite. Good times.

This time I got a pre-order at a local gamestore chain (pretty minor). Went by the shop earlier tonight and they said the systems had arrived. But no component cables (wtf). Got to go cable hunting in other stores tomorrow morning.

tetsuoxb said:
I called JohnTV, and he, DCharlie, Reno, etc are all at Tsutaya.

Which one? The one in Shibuya?

Sho Nuff said:
I am gonna predict that there are gonna be fights/violence by the end of the day.

edit: DCharlie just emailed me and said that there are reports of fighting in Yuurakcho.

:lol awesome! Man Sony knows how to hype a console at release!

BTW what's up with the mafia presence? They scalpers or something?

tetsuoxb

winston_pr said:
Toys R Us in Tokyo's outskirts are usually really good. Lined up there for DS Lite. Good times.

This time I got a pre-order at a local gamestore chain (pretty minor). Went by the shop earlier tonight and they said the systems had arrived. But no component cables (wtf). Got to go cable hunting in other stores tomorrow morning.

Which one? The one in Shibuya?

Yeah. The Shibuya one. The cops apparently busted up the Yuurakucho Bic Camera line... That is where Kutaragi is going first tomorrow morning.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I just called Reno, who's standing at Tsutaya Shibuya with johntv, DC, fowler and the rest.

He told me Tsutaya has the DMC4 demo playable on a machine in the store. He wanted me to tell GAF that it sucks.

Not my words. ;P

Sho Nuff said:
Totally! With luck somebody's going to get killed! Shit, then the hype will go to 11!
:lol Lets hope not!

TheTrin said:
He told me Tsutaya has the DMC4 demo playable on a machine in the store. He wanted me to tell GAF that it sucks.

Not my words. ;P

It looks like DMC3 in HD, I don't like it either

Top Bottom