• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3 Line-Up Information

Yeah, methinks I'm just going to sit out launch day, unless someone knows of a good store chain to hit up in the morning if this thing winds up not selling out right away. I'm in Shizuoka, BTW.

Just heard from DCharlie, who's in the line with john tv, reno, andriasang and fowler at Tsutaya in Shibuya. I quote:

'MAJORITY GAIJIN QUEUE. NOTHING TO INTEREST THE JAPANESE CONFIRMED'

...just in case any of you thought he was finally showing his true Sonybot colors at last :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Glad to see Reno and DC are finding spots in line. Reno was wigging out about PS3 allocation before.

DC`s hope was starting to die, too.

Cormacaroni said:
Just heard from DCharlie, who's in the line with john tv, reno, andriasang and fowler at Tsutaya in Shibuya. I quote:

'MAJORITY GAIJIN QUEUE. NOTHING TO INTEREST THE JAPANESE CONFIRMED'

...just in case any of you thought he was finally showing his true Sonybot colors at last :lol

Isn't their biggest title an FPS? That's, uh...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pureauthor said:
Isn't their biggest title an FPS? That's, uh...

Uh, no. Not in Japan. The biggest marketing right now is the R&G campaign, which is a joint campaign between Gundam and Ridge Racer.

thetrin

Troidal said:
Bunch of gaijins...er, gaikokujin (apparently GAF's politically correct term for foreigners)

It`s not just GAF`s.

thetrin

tetsuoxb said:
Don't read page 1 much, do you? :)

What`s the status on your Wanpaku preorder, tetsuo? Picking it up tonight?

tetsuoxb

TheTrin said:
What`s the status on your Wanpaku preorder, tetsuo? Picking it up tonight?

Don't think they are going to let me. 10:00am tomorrow on the dot. Nice night with the girlfriend tonight, nice day with the games tomorrow!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So I'm feeling pretty satisfied right now:

PS3 GET CONFIRMED NO WAITING IN LINE ANYWHERE NEEDED!! :D

I went to the game shop to tell them I decided on a 20gb system, and was then told I'd be able to get one tomorrow morning for sure. So I'll be picking up the system with Ridge 7, Sega Golf Club, Resistance, and yes, GENJI. (Am I insane?) Already thinking about Gundam too, but I want to order some of the U.S. games coming out...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jonnyram said:
Wi-fi is the only thing I'm sad about, now that it's clear you need it for some of the PSP connectivity :(

if you have a wireless network, can't you just use that to connect the PSP to your PS3? Or is it only via a direct, ad-hoc connection?

come on baba and jiji, get in line!

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I haven't preordered or nothing cause I didn't think I was gonna get one this year. But now I want one real bad. Should I bother getting up early to search for one?

thetrin

mrklaw said:
if you have a wireless network, can't you just use that to connect the PSP to your PS3? Or is it only via a direct, ad-hoc connection?

If that`s the case, I`ll be very very happy that I`m getting the 20GB.

metdroid said:
I haven't preordered or nothing cause I didn't think I was gonna get one this year. But now I want one real bad. Should I bother getting up early to search for one?

I know that feeling. :lol

Try smaller stores. I`ve heard smaller stores will have a good supply of 20GBs in the morning.

thetrin

marwan said:
Thetrin, how are you?

I`m good. Just sitting at work waiting for my PS3 to ship to me. :)

you?

tetsuoxb said:
Don't think they are going to let me. 10:00am tomorrow on the dot. Nice night with the girlfriend tonight, nice day with the games tomorrow!

Awesome. IM me your Playstation Network name when you get it set up, and I`ll add you once my PS3 arrives.

thetrin

Cormacaroni said:
More from DCharlie:

'PLEASE POST ... JAPANESE GUY KEEPS WALKING PAST QUEUE WITH AN X360 BOX. LOL'

:lol

I might call Reno when I get off work and see how the line is doing.

lunlunqq

while everybody is busy queueing, some luck bastards are already showing off their hot new PS3's on some other boards... :(
ps3_003.jpg

ps3.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whats the situation with Yodabashi camera stores? Are they having a lottery so you don't need to queue up insanely early? If so, is there a cut off time? Do you need to be there for opening time?

Fowler

I'm in line at Tsutaya Shibuya now -- they have Wi-Fi on the 6th floor so I'm abusing that during my toilet breaks.

There was a Japanese guy walking by with an Xbox 360 box. I think he wanted to taunt us, but the mere sight of someone here holding a 360 caused us to break out in laughter. He quickly went away.

bud

Fowler said:
There was a Japanese guy walking by with an Xbox 360 box. I think he wanted to taunt us, but the mere sight of someone here holding a 360 caused us to break out in laughter. He quickly went away.

:lol :lol :lol

Sho Nuff

Banned
Just for giggles, I stopped by the Toys R Us that's near my house about 8PM. It's a pretty huge TRU, and the lot was dark, but I saw about a dozen people lined up. There was a queue that was labeled "PS3--12 UNITS ONLY." I would say that half the people there were mafia, and they all went silent and were glaring at me, so I got the f*ck out of there. On the way out I noticed this scary-looking guy standing at the edge of the lot, just staring. Jesus christ! You guys can HAVE your PS3s.

Troidal

There were about 50 people already lined up at Bic Camera Yurakucho on my way home. The line wasn't official per se since the store clerk kept telling them to come back later.

4484qk2.jpg

4fv311c.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sho Nuff said:
Just for giggles, I stopped by the Toys R Us that's near my house about 8PM. It's a pretty huge TRU, and the lot was dark, but I saw about a dozen people lined up. There was a queue that was labeled "PS3--12 UNITS ONLY." I would say that half the people there were mafia, and they all went silent and were glaring at me, so I got the f*ck out of there. On the way out I noticed this scary-looking guy standing at the edge of the lot, just staring. Jesus christ! You guys can HAVE your PS3s.
:lol I dunno why but this is all I can think of after reading that.
yakuza.jpg

tetsuoxb

HOLY SHIT! YODOBASHI UMEDA LINE WAS LONGER THAN THE DS LITE LINE!! Probably in the neighboorhood of 400 when I took the video and 500 when I left.

I saw it all... The homeless dudes, the chinese dudes... the whole bit.

Took pics and videos. Let me edit them up and I'll post soon.

Top Bottom