• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan PS3/Wii/X360 Sales Charts

ziran

Great work Dalthien and Rock_Man, it's appreciated.

Twilight Princess will sell over 600K with the GC version, which is good.

Dalthien

Charts updated!

Good news for cvxfreak. Resident Evil 4 Wii tops 100k!

And Hot Shots Golf 5 finally pushes PS3 software above X360 software.

PS3 - 1,745,418
X360 - 1,554,639

Microsoft is making no moves in japan and that is sooo horrible, yet funny. O well, might as well wave the white flag, get it over with.

As I saw the Wii list, I thought "Wow, a lot of good games are getting decent sales! Excellent.

I wonder who's at the bottom of the heap. Heh."

*looks*

GGXX:AC? : (

900?

:' (

Fuck you, Japan. I'm buying a copy.

"Well," I thought "surely the 360 or the PS3 have lower selling titles?"

Nope. Man, that's terrible. Although a good amount of good, standard games are getting decent sales on Wii, so that's promising.

Kinda scary that Wii Sports has still outsold the entire PS3 line up.

famitsu-sw-ps3wiix360-070805.png

:lol Too much blue! My eyes hurt!

Surprised to see that even though the PS3 is destroying the 360 in hardware sales the 360 still has a higher attach ratio. Even in Japan the Xbots love alota games.

Kosma

Banned
Bubblicious said:
Surprised to see that even though the PS3 is destroying the 360 in hardware sales the 360 still has a higher attach ratio. Even in Japan the Xbots love alota games.

Well it's not really surprising if you consider how long the 360 has been out in Japan. Also if you buy a 360 in Japan, chances are high that you're a hardcore gamer anwyay.

donny2112

Bubblicious said:
Surprised to see that even though the PS3 is destroying the 360 in hardware sales the 360 still has a higher attach ratio.

When you consider that certain games (e.g. Blue Dragon, Trusty Bell) prompted some hardcore gamers to purchase the new game combined with a used system before selling the system back, it's not as surprising. It'll be very interesting to hear first-hand reports of the used PS3 market a week or two after FFXIII's release.

apujanata

Some of the latest game, and updated data for some older game, (that were not updated yet in the OP, or have lower # in OP), all famitsu :

Code:
Mario Party 8		Nintendo	Wii	819,237	23-Sep-07
Super Mario Strikers Charged	Nintendo	Wii	32,725	23-Sep-07 (Bomba ??)
Sengoku Musou Katana	Koei	Wii	11,576	23-Sep-07 (Bomba ??)

Minna No Golf 5		SCE	PS3	322,140	23-Sep-07
Bladestorm		Koei	PS3	103,731	23-Sep-07

Linkup

What kind of title was bladestorm? mid budget maybe?

Nintendo should have released MSC during WC week or did they.

tanod said:
Resistance outselling Halo 3 by almost 50%. :)
This might have to do with the fact Halo 3 was released not long ago. Opening week was 61.143, Resistance's opening week 15.741. Maybe someone from Japan can elaborate but I would think Resistance's price was slashed a while ago.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
116,657 Resistance: Jinrui Botsuraku no Hi (Resistance: Fall of Man) (Sony) (11/11/06) – through Mar 25/07
89,146 Virtua Fighter 5 (Sega) (2/8/07) – through July 1/07
80,813 Armored Core 4 (From) (12/21/06) – through Mar 25/07

Japan is not as predictable anymore eh.........

Dalthien

Charts updated!

By the way, thanks to the recent LTD Media Create update for the PS3 and the monthly Top 10 updates (the latest one for Nov 18/07 was just included in these charts) for the X360, both the PS3 and X360 tie ratios should be very accurate now.

Chumly

Dalthien said:
Charts updated!

By the way, thanks to the recent LTD Media Create update for the PS3 and the monthly Top 10 updates (the latest one for Nov 18/07 was just included in these charts) for the X360, both the PS3 and X360 tie ratios should be very accurate now.
So will we get LTD MC numbers for the Wii sometime soon? And how often do they do LTD numbers for each of the systems.

Tailzo

stewacide said:
30,390 Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) + 6,647 (360)
22,000 Sonic to Himitsu no Ring (Sonic and the Secret Rings)

sad_face.gif
What? How about US / EU sales numbers? I really do hope Sonic 360 / PS3 was destroyed by Sonic Wii everywhere else.

"900 Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Sammy) (7/26/07) - rounded off through July 29/07 "

That about wraps it up for 2-D fighters on the Wii. . .goddammit!

Lobster

Banned
Tailzo said:
What? How about US / EU sales numbers? I really do hope Sonic 360 / PS3 was destroyed by Sonic Wii everywhere else.

It hung around the UK charts for quite a while and I think did top 10 aswell?

I think it did over 100k in US, possibly over 200k.

TunaLover

Mockingbird said:
"900 Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Sammy) (7/26/07) - rounded off through July 29/07 "

That about wraps it up for 2-D fighters on the Wii. . .goddammit!

Even with those sales could be enough to recover porting costs, AMERITE? =(

Mamesj

Banned
49,692 Crayon Shin-Chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii (Banpresto) (12/2/06) - through Mar 25/07

please come to the U.S. and be written and voice acted by the people who do the U.S. version of the show. I may be the only person who buys you, but...yeah.

10,595 Takarajima Z: Barbaros no Hihou (Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure) (Capcom) (10/25/07) - through Oct 28/07

:(

One of the best games this year IMO, will be one of the worst sellers.

Top Bottom