• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - Super Smash Bros. (3DS): demo available now on the Nintendo eShop

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
15007806088_7ff834225a_c.jpg

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Rockman are playable. One stage, Senjyou, is playable. Don't know what they call it in English.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Tbh from a sales perspective I don't think it's a good idea to release a demo of a hyped game 2 days before release. Sakurai must be extremely confident in his product.

I would usually tend to agree; Nintendo must be extremely confident about their software product and most likely believes that those who are on the fence about SSB 3DS will convert into buying the software upon launch due to the good reception of the game - I'm thinking there will also be DLC in December so higher software ratio, the greater potential for DLC revenue.

Furthermore, roster is limited so I don't think it hinders much of the sales potential.

Josh7289

It plays great. Takes a couple rounds to get used to the controls (if you're used to Smash) but it's otherwise excellent.

Ghirahim assist trophy is kind of generic. He just moves/warps around a bit, slashes a few times and throws out some projectiles, then vanishes.

Lyte Edge

The game runs great and is easy to see on the XL screen, but I did notice some slowdown when doing a three-man battle and a Dark Samus (?) assist character came out.

Senjou means battlefield.

Ah, should have looked that up before posting and should have known 'sen'. Derp. Thanks.

Lyte Edge

Crappy pic, but all this was going on and it was very easy to see. I like Rockman the most so far. Wood shield is awesome. I marked out at the Villager getting Balloon Fight balloons!

15194452815_f5160cbd99_c.jpg

Josh7289

Pretty sure there's some nice anti-aliasing going on, at least with the characters. It really looks fantastic for a 3DS game.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It looks really crisp! Confirms me buying both versions :p

Plus dat soundtrack :D

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Villager's up B seems super broken lol. Flies straight up (you can control horizontal movement) for longer than Kirby/Jiggly's horizontal float range.

Aeana

I'm not much of a Smash player so I don't have a lot to say other than that I'm terrible at it, and Mega Man is adorable. And it looks nice visually, feels good to play.

Top Bottom