• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - Super Smash Bros. (3DS): demo available now on the Nintendo eShop

Dryk

Villager's up B seems super broken lol. Flies straight up (you can control horizontal movement) for longer than Kirby/Jiggly's horizontal float range.
Characters with fast firing projectiles are going to murder you when you use it though

botty

Banned
omggg
tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

Josh7289

Hey so are the starting character and stage lineups public yet? Because if not I'll list every character and stage I can see in the demo. But I don't want to waste my time if it's already common knowledge.

Dryk

Hey so are the starting character and stage lineups public yet? Because if not I'll list every character and stage I can see in the demo. But I don't want to waste my time if it's already common knowledge.
Looking over them quickly it's nothing we didn't already know

Kinsei

Banned

We know about the starting roster, but I don't think the starting stages have been revealed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can't get over how good this looks/performs. Any doubts about stuff being too chaotic to see on the small screen are gone.

JCX

The anger/jealous noises I made upon reading the thread. Maybe NA will get a surprise demo during Treehouse live? (probably not)

Dryk

Like who? Projectiles are generally slow in SSB with the exception of Fox's lasers.
Fox is the main one. Then Falco, Megaman, ROB, Samus, Fast Fireball Mario, Pit, etc depending on how good you can aim the one or two shots you'll be able to get off.

From what I heard of the Japanese demo if you hit the Villager itself it doesn't go into helpless, so anyone that can sniper the balloons is golden.

EDIT: Also I just remembered that PK Thunder exists, ouch.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Even if we're getting the game a month later, I would probably play the demo an infinite amount of times before the actual release. Please release it here early NoA!

watershed

Banned
The anger/jealous noises I made upon reading the thread. Maybe NA will get a surprise demo during Treehouse live? (probably not)

That would be great. Maybe midway thru the stream announce live that the demo is now available on the eshop.

This is an excellent move by Nintendo, I'm sure many people are on the fence about the 3DS version / waiting for the wii u version. If NOA releases this and I like it then I'll probably end up getting the 3DS version as well.

Mik2121

Daaaamn, left my 3DS at home (honestly, last time I used it was a long time ago). I was planning to going back to it with this game, so as soon as I get home I'll download this!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Fox is the main one. Then Falco, Megaman, ROB, Samus, Fast Fireball Mario, Pit, etc depending on how good you can aim the one or two shots you'll be able to get off.

From what I heard of the Japanese demo if you hit the Villager itself it doesn't go into helpless, so anyone that can sniper the balloons is golden.

EDIT: Also I just remembered that PK Thunder exists, ouch.
Balloons take 2 hits to pop since there's two. First balloon acts as super armor and doesn't slow you down when it pops. With some more testing it looks like you can move horizontally about as far as a Kirby/Jiggly float as well. It's fairly maneuverable and fast.

Josh7289

We know about the starting roster, but I don't think the starting stages have been revealed.

Using the English names I found here: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages/3ds

Stages are:

Battlefield
Final Destination
3D Land
Golden Plains
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario

Mushroomy Kingdom
Jungle Japes
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Yoshi's Island

Corneria
N's Castle
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest
Distant Planet

Tortimer Island
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plain
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomodachi Collection

PictoChat
Green Hill Zone
Dr. Wily's Castle

Dryk

Balloons take 2 hits to pop since there's two. First balloon acts as super armor and doesn't slow you down when it pops. With some more testing it looks like you can move horizontally about as far as a Kirby/Jiggly float as well. It's fairly maneuverable and fast.
That sounds a lot better

Top Bottom