• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Japan Time! The Official Phantom Hourglass (JP) Thread

SantaC

Haunted One said:
Man, how could you double post? Don't you know t...

ooooooh. :D

very nice. I couldn't be more hyped at this point in time. Dare i say it? this is my most anticipated DS game at the moment.

SantaC - considering that the biggest DS games are 128MB so far (even games like FFIII, Revenant Wings, Lunar Knights etc.), 512 MB seems far-fetched, even for a proper 3D Zelda game.

I am pretty sure FF3 is 256MB, or am I wrong?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Just saw the japanese add. It's amazing how the step counting puzzle works, it's just so different from pad step count puzzles that I got shocked just to think of it. The hell, it's ****ing amazing. I can't wait to play this game now!

PolyGone

Banned
Victrix said:
All touchpad Zelda game? This is like my nightmare scenario

wouldn't your nightmare scenario be the touchpad Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword?

ryueyes.gif

preview said:
...and have to admit that while initially skeptical, I've come to love controlling Link via this new control scheme. Combat is fast and fluid, with Link connecting attacks between different enemies. The stylus also seems to be better suited for some moves, like picking up and tossing objects.
preview said:
Screenshots and online videos don't do the game justice. See it running live on the tiny DS screens, and you may have to look twice to convince yourself that this is a DS game.
Man this will be one long wait...dammit.

Nah, accepted means they ran your credit card to check it was vaild because they're preparing to ship it. It will say pre-order/back order before that point usually.

I think they're shipping the first batch on Friday. Here's praying overnight express gets here this Saturday.

masterkajo

I could not wait any longer and preordered it also... It was the best choice, I guess. The demo is not for download but to play at the retailer so I would never get my hands on that. And perhaps this Zelda will be the most challanging for me, because I hardly can read and write Japanese.

My order at play-asia reads: Preparing Order.
I just hope to get the game as soon as possible...

ksamedi

It would have been perfect if Nintendo just launched there demo channel on the Wii so that we can play DS demos as well. Its f***ing 7 months late already.

Haunted

I'm still a bit concerned that there isn't a clear NA or EU release date for this aside from 'Holiday Season 2007'. :/

SantaC

ethelred said:
Famitsu review - 10/10/10/10... oh, wait, that was the Nintendogs review, sorry.

comon ether. I know that the nintendogs score was wrong, but different reviewers, different taste?

ethelred said:
Famitsu review - 10/10/10/10... oh, wait, that was the Nintendogs review, sorry.
get your ass outta here. Crazy Fool

different kinds of games, and for the kind of game it was Nintendogs got the score it deserved

For what it is (a pet simulator), Nintendogs is like the Super Mario 64 of that genre (I mean you can even call out the damn dogs name and it'll respond), so that score doesn't bother me. Nintendogs is most definitely not my thing, but by and large Nintendogs got very high reviews by the North American press too.

Anyways, really looking forward to this Zelda game. No offense to the traditionalists, but I am looking forward to a Zelda game that plays in a different way. It's been almost 10 years since OoT anyways.

SantaC

does anyone have past famitsu handheld Zelda scores? I know that OoT + WW = 40/40

but this could very well be the highest rated handheld Zelda from famitsu.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
I want a full translation of this report on my desk by midnight PST tonight.

10/10

game is good. buy

10/10

game is good. buy

9/10

game is good. buy

10/10

game is better than TP. buy

neo2046

40 Ocarina of Time
40 Kaze no Takuto (Wind Waker)
39 Link to the Past
39 夢幻の砂時計 (Phantom Hourglass)
38 TP
38 Majora's Mask
36 Fushigi no Boushi (The Minish Cap )
35 4 Swords GB
34 4 Swords +
31/30 Oracle of Ages / Oracle of Seasons

SantaC

neo2046 said:
40 Ocarina of Time
40 Kaze no Takuto (Wind Waker)
39 Link to the Past
38 TP
38 Majora's Mask
35 4 Swords GB
34 4 Swords +

oh sweeeeeet. It is the highest ranked handheld Zelda :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
WW got a 40. So I think I'll wait to see some a more semi-credible source review it.

38 TP
38 Majora's Mask
35 4 Swords GB
34 4 Swords +

What did LA get?

Bo130

Awesome score! Next best on Nintendo DS :D

Doesn't we usually have the weekly Famitsu topic here by now, though :(?

Bo130

TSA said:
I need the source (not just saying it was in Famitsu) of the review score...scan or something....before I can update the first post.

From GameFront:

Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei (NDS, Nintendo): 10 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (39/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 16: The Sagasou: Fushigi na Konchuu no Mori (NDS, D3): 6 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (23/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 17: The Nezumi no Action Game: Mouse-Town Roddy to Rita no Daibouken (NDS, D3): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
KuriKuri DS: Otasuke Island (NDS, From Software): 4 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)
Kawa no Nushi Tsuri: Komorebi no Tani, Seseragi no Uta (NDS, Marvelous): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Ratchet & Clank 5: Gekitotsu! Dodeka Ginga no MiriMiri Gundan (PSP, Sony): 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (35/40)
Juujimoto Ripputai Sypher: Game of Survival (PS2, Abel): 6 / 5 / 7 / 7 - (25/40)
Majokko A La Mode II (PS2, GN Software): 6 / 4 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)
Baroque (PS2, Sting): 7 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (27/40)
Urban Chaos (PS2, Spike): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Super Robot Taisen Original Generations (PS2, Banpresto): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 10: CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Kiseki no Kachi (PS2, D3): 5 / 4 / 5 / 6 - (20/40)
Busou Renkin: Yokosu Papillon Park e (PS2, Marvelous): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)

Srider

Banned
I'm ready for this game.

Recent Zelda's after WindWaker have all been disappointing, finally something that's fresh and exciting.

Brofist

sp0rsk said:
DUH NUHHHHHHHH
nmgyy852-img600x450-1181892006ginga.jpg

nmgyy852-img600x450-1181892013ginga.jpg

(not mine)

Edit: It says its a display box nevermind!

I was too lazy today, otherwise I'd have gone down to check if my usual place would sell this to me early.

:lol display box

Top Bottom