• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Travel GAF Meetup III: Akiba Trip, Tokyo, March 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ZRZfvO.jpg

Date: March 31st 2016
Time: From 19:00
Where: Akihabara, Tokyo
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/D49m2C97jZz

We’re having the third Japan Travel GAF meetup, so anybody who’s going to be in Tokyo is welcome to join! Doesn't matter if you're just visiting or live there, come join us!

This time we’re meeting up in Akihabara and we’re going to check out an arcade or two. We might also grab something to eat while there.

We will meet in the square in front of JR Akihabara station. Use the electric town exit and go right/north. It’s the side where the AKB48 and Gundam cafes are and the UDX building:

We’ll meet at 19:00, and at 19:10 or so we'll go check out one of the arcades.

Attending:
dani_dc
empressdonna
izunadono
MikeHattsu
Stuart444

Maybe:
Cripplegate
DCharlie
elhaym
Ferulci
Fugu
Jintor
openrob
Rabid Dwarf 76
RoKKeR
WhoaIsThatMars
Zipzo

Thread from last meetup:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613
-

Count me in as maybe. I'm waiting on a call back for a better job so I'll need to see if and when I start at the new place.

Edit: by the way is it sad I know which station/area you're talking about due to playing akiba's trip?

dani_dc

Unfortunately circumstances made it so I couldn't attend last meeting, but I'm looking forward to joining you guys again this time around!

Was fun meeting up last time but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it for this one. Hopefully we can do one in the Nagoya area one day.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. I land there on the 19th and have training and a bunch of other stuff going on the first few weeks. I'll definitely keep this in mind as I'm only going to be about an hour away from Tokyo

openrob

Hmmm, need to still book my ticket, and will be there at the end of March (thinking the 21st) but not sure when I am leaving Japan (depends on new job start date).

If I can be there I will! Count me as maybe

RoKKeR

Very cool! I am arriving in Japan on March 23rd for a study abroad semester, so I might actually be able to make it to this. Depends on the orientation schedule but I'd love to join up.

Edit: In Tokyo.

Jintor

Wait, actually, March is during my holidays so I could probably just train down to Tokyo for a day or two. Why the fuck not.

Added everybody to the maybe list.

goddamn, how many vacations do you have, crazy

Norway isn't even the country with the most vacation days in Europe :p

Thursday is kind of a weird day for a meet up, no? I think I'll be working, but if that day opens up for me I'll let you know. :)

Well, it is at night, and it's the last day I'm in Tokyo. People are free to set up their own meetups if they want as well.

Currently in the middle of moving house, so no way to meet up for this. For people still on the fence I can highly recommend it, I was there for one of the earlier meet-ups and it was really fun.

I'll probably try and go to Japan at the end of the year, holiday hours and money permitting, but it wouldn't be Tokyo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Only in Tokyo? Shame. Let me know when you guys are doing something in Osaka.

I wish I could join these meet-up's but I'm primarily in Kansai.

Come to Kyoto/Osaka one day guys!

This.

elhaym

Looking forward to this. I'm gonna basically be by myself this entire 2nd trip so no real idea what I'm gonna do, lol.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Add me as a maybe - all depends on work. I've been meaning to meet numerous people and work always usually finds a way to snuff it out

RuGalz

Damn, I'm actually visiting Japan around this time but just missed it by a couple days. Heading out to Hakone on 29th. :/

Izuna

Banned
Note me down, I'm landing on the 14th 'til 3rd of April.

@IKizzLE I'd totally meet up with ya. My partner and I are going to try the Michelin star Ramen place and literally, more the merrier. I don't think we have plans.

So I have a call back on that job, my next interview is late March to early April so I can't attend this one. (I don't have an exact date but I must be free, apparently)

I'll try really hard to be free next time though, sorry man! :(

Piichan

Banned
Was always intrigued by these meetups when I was lurking. If OK, I might wanna join. Could you put me down as "maybe"? Depends on work...

Until when do we need to be sure?

So I have a call back on that job, my next interview is late March to early April so I can't attend this one. (I don't have an exact date but I must be free, apparently)

I'll try really hard to be free next time though, sorry man! :(

Dang. Good luck with the interview though!

Was always intrigued by these meetups when I was lurking. If OK, I might wanna join. Could you put me down as "maybe"? Depends on work...

Until when do we need to be sure?

Added. Letting us know in this thread that you'll be there the day before or something should be good enough.

i'll maybe going to attend, i live there in hachioji

Added as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom