• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Travel GAF Meetup IV-VI: The Original Trilogy, September + October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since things went so well last time, we're having 3 meetups this time, 1 in Osaka by popular demand. It's the 4th to 6th Japan Travel GAF meetup, so anybody who’s going to be in Tokyo or Osaka is welcome to join! Doesn't matter if you're just visiting or live there, come join us!

Meetup 4 Details
Date: September 17th 2016
Time: From 18:15
Where: Akihabara, Tokyo
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/D49m2C97jZz

This is after the first public day of TGS 2016 and we're going to check out Super Potato and Mandarake and after that we'll find somewhere to eat, probably in the UDX building.

We will meet in the square in front of JR Akihabara station. Use the electric town exit and go right/north. It’s the side where the AKB48 and Gundam cafes and the UDX building are. We’ll meet by this spot, just like last meetup:
F95mAp8.jpg

Attending:
AnimeFantasy
Cobalt Izuna BFF
dani_dc
Geobobfrank
MikeHattsu (+1)
shorty_symd
Son1x

Maybe:
Chris M. Ferguson
DCharlie
JulianImp (+2)
Mairu
Rowena
Valkerionseven

-------------------------

Meetup 5 Details
Date: October 1st 2016
Time: From 17:30
Where: Shinjuku, Tokyo
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ydpvvXdTUBy

We’ll go check out the view from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building at sunset before heading over to Golden Gai to hopefully find somewhere to eat. We could also stroll around in Kabukicho for a bit while we’re there.

We will meet near the police box (koban) at the west exit of JR Shinjuku station (not to be confused with the central west exit) and walk to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building from there:
8k1uYsX.png

Since JR Shinjuku station can be a bit overwhelming, here’s some instructions on how to find the correct location if you need them:
Ox1OTUK.jpg

You follow the signs for the West Exit in Shinjuku Station.This view is from Shinjuku Station premises towards the west exit of Shinjuku Station.

Spg8Mo2.jpg

Once you come out from the JR Shinjuku West Exit, You will see the JR ticket office on the right side.

1sZM7MG.jpg

Please go straight, you will see the police box (Koban) on the right side.

Attending:
brassica
Fritz
jobrro
MikeHattsu
mr.rager (No Dinner)
Piichan
ryutaro's mama

Maybe:
AnimeFantasy
Chris M. Ferguson
dani_dc
DCharlie
Geobobfrank
Gromph

Meetup 6 Details
Date: October 21th 2016
Time: From 19:30
Where: Namba, Osaka
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Ch7ApHzE6Qs

We’ll check the Super Potato store in Namba for a bit (Make sure you go to the correct Super Potato store by following the map if you’re joining us because there’s 2 other ones nearby and like 7 total in Osaka) and then go somewhere to eat and drink. If you just want to join us for the eating and drinking part, then meet us outside the Super Potato store marked in the map above at around 20:30.

We will meet right outside the Super Potato store in Namba in the map above. It’s right next to a 7-Eleven store as well, so hopefully everybody should be able to find it.

Attending:
Booya_base
BudokaiMR2
JulianImp (+1)
MikeHattsu
thetrin (+1)
Zeouterlimits

Maybe:

Thread from last meetup:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188119
-

Quit doing this shit when I ain't there!

Also oh my god Meetup 5 sounds bomb, the view from the TMGB is incredible, as is Golden Gai.

For, uh...different reasons

Fritz

Yeay!

You could set me to confirmed. As long as I don't miss my plane to Japan I am going to be there.

Agh I'm leaving in two weeks and I've already been here a year. Just my luck.

Maybe if I come back for the JET Program next year I can finally make it to one of these meets.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm in for Namba. I shop at that Super Potato all the time, so I know exactly where it is.

Will try to drag thebatdan along with me.

Oh man!! m0dus and I are gonna be in Tokyo and Osaka around some of those dates but we're in Osaka for meetup number 2 and back in the states for the Osaka meet up.. ;_; any chance of some unofficial meetups between those? We'd love to meet you guys!

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
September 17 is the first day of Ultra Japan, so I will be in town, but working at that time :/

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Missing all of those by a few days. In Kyoto during the Tokyo meetup and in Tokyo during the Osaka meetup.

Next time :)

Son1x

I'll be in Japan for most of September. I'll most likely not be around Tokyo on the 17th, but I'll stop by if I have a chance.

JulianImp

I got my transit visa approved yesterday, so it looks like almost everything's ready for my trip. While we still haven't booked our room in Osaka, we're guaranteed to be there for the sixth meetup, while we're all but guaranteed to not be around Tokyo for the fifth.

So count me (and my two game dev teammates) in for meetings 4 and 6!

I got my transit visa approved yesterday, so it looks like almost everything's ready for my trip. While we still haven't booked our room in Osaka, we're guaranteed to be there for the sixth meetup, while we're all but guaranteed to not be around Tokyo for the fifth.

So count me (and my two game dev teammates) in for meetings 4 and 6!

Nice

Izuna

Banned
@MikeHattsu

I won't be there, but BFF-chan might want to join (non-GAF), would that be cool? If so put down as Maybe.

Piichan

Banned
I missed it last time. Really wanna join this. Im in Bangkok now for work, and not sure until when. I hope to make it for the October 1st meetup. Throw me in the maybe pile.

Nista

We're leaving Tokyo on the 17th, but I think we might be able to come to the October 1 meetup, since it's right before our flight home. Guess it depends on how early we'd need to be at the airport.

We're leaving Tokyo on the 17th, but I think we might be able to come to the October 1 meetup, since it's right before our flight home. Guess it depends on how early we'd need to be at the airport.

When's your plane leaving and from which airport Narita or Haneda?

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
I'm coming in Sept 12, free until the 17/18/19 when I have Ultra Japan but then taking the 20th off and leaving 1am on the 21st back home, if anyone is around.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Damm Mike.. why are not you moving to Tokyo? :D

For me depends on my mood and if i have any tournaments lined up, so put me in maybe for both of the Tokyo ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom