• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Travel GAF Meetup VII: Tokyo Fantasy, October 15th

Anony

just wondering, how many people in this thread or potential other ones are going to be in japan during sept 23-oct8

Theonik

I know our group will be in Oct 13 so we'll probably miss you but there are many gaffers permanently in Japan.

Fisico

Oh, well I tend to go to Akihabara almost every sunday so I might say hi!
though Super Potato is not the best place to hang out with many people
Another gaffer is with me also, but he doesn't post very often (and by that I mean even less than me :p)

1 week left. Any questions before the meetup, better ask them now. And confirm if you're gonna join us or not if possible.

Clov

I think I'll be able to make it. I'm going to be in Saitama earlier in the day for a Lucky Star event, but I think I'll be able to make it to Akiba in time for 18:00.

I think I'll be able to make it. I'm going to be in Saitama earlier in the day for a Lucky Star event, but I think I'll be able to make it to Akiba in time for 18:00.

Cool. Just DM me on Twitter or something if you're gonna be late

upandaway

Won't be able to come because I'll be in Kyoto but have fun!!! (and lemme know whoever wants to hang out with me in kansai area, until the end of the month)

have fun!!

Fisico

Oh, well I tend to go to Akihabara almost every sunday so I might say hi!
though Super Potato is not the best place to hang out with many people
Another gaffer is with me also, but he doesn't post very often (and by that I mean even less than me :p)

Can confirm we'll be there, both me and 3Kaze.

Meier

Aww man, this is so cool. Have fun guys! I haven't read the replies so this might have been touched on, but be aware that Super Potato seems to have kind of weird hours or maybe it was just a particular day of the week thing. I tried to go when visiting and it was already closed for the night and it was by no means super late. If you've done this before it might be entirely moot but just figured I'd share my unlucky experience. Akhibara was fun regardless though so no huge loss.

micster

Boo. No can do, have now had a work party lumped on me. One of these days, I will actually make it to one of these.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
with wife and kids - it's hard to get out - i maybe can turn up late?

18:00 will be pushing it but lets see if i can convince my better half to allow it

IM 99% SURE IM GOING!

I'll spend the day in Tokyo but I might have to leave at 8pm or around that though, cause I have to go back to Tsukuba and I don't know when the last bus leave from Tsukuba Station. I'll have to check.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
IM 99% SURE IM GOING!

I'll spend the day in Tokyo but I might have to leave at 8pm or around that though, cause I have to go back to Tsukuba and I don't know when the last bus leave from Tsukuba Station. I'll have to check.

Why bus, take the TX

Not going, sorry. I was so excited to meet you guys. :(

My friends decided to go to Tokyo on Friday and we stayed overnight clubbing in Shibuya. I blew 20k and I didn't even noticed. Eek.

And I'm from Tsukuba so I'd have to spend at least another 5k just for the round trip and a meal. I'll have to lay low for the rest of October, haha. And to be honest I have tons of homework to do too.

If you guys plan another meeting in November or in the upcoming months I'd be super up for it.

You guys have fun! :)

I miiiiiight just have to cancel as well. I really thought today's Sunday would be clear for me but I got a message this morning, something really important came up. Sorry guys. Not 100% sure yet though.

I blew 20k and I didn't even noticed. Eek.

You either made the rookie mistake of not pre-partying properly and buying too many drinks in the club, or you took the pro step of buying next level shit that enhances(?) life. Judging by the "eek", it's probably the former. Try pre-partying with strong zeroes or some decent Cocktail Partnet, or go to a place like Mist that offers pretty damn decent all you can drink for just a thousand yen.

MightyKAC

Work just let me off so I'll be running a bit late, but I should make it to the meeting spot at about at about 1815.

I'll need to attend the next one. Been to Japan twice now and haven't visited during a meetup, unfortunately. Probably won't visit again for another year or so though, I need to get some other places off the checklist lol.

Top Bottom