• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese 3DS: Over 1 million unique players access 'Badge Collection Center'

The game just informed me that, in the first month (the game launched December 17th) there have been over 1 million unique players. Baito, the friendly sales-rabbit informs us that there's been many interesting customers, including one who's collected over 100 Isabella (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) badges, a customer who only collect badges that look like money or coins, and someone who's great at the practice machine, but sucks when it gets to the real thing.

As a celebration of 1 million customers you also get 2 free plays on the real machines.

He also announced an update/patch coming for the game in about March, but gave no details.

Did a search and couldn't find anything, but please feed me to the claw if old.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dat badges revenue for Nintendo, theorically.

Also, best way ever to get people informed about downloads of your software :lol

DarkWish

I love customizing my Japanese New 3DS home screen with this. I hope it releases in the US, I would go even crazier with it since I use my US system a ton more.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
As a European, my only disappointment of the Direct was that the game wasn't announced here. I'm sure it will come in due course.

Could someone tell me how this game works?

Basically, it's a free to download game where you pay 90 yen for five plays at one of a dozen catcher/claw machines to collect Nintendo themed badges for use on your 3DS home screen. You can 'win' free plays on the machines through a daily practice mode and sometimes the game with give you free plays on special occasions (like New Years Day).

This stupid game/app is crazy addicting. I dumped my last 200¥ on it this morning and Im thirsting for more!

But knowing NOA, we won't get this either.

*hugs import N3DS*

Brian★;147660017 said:
yes, you play once a day and if you manage to get 10 badges in, you get 1 shot. Also, if you get a badge with a target, you get 3 shots at the real machine.

Is that the machine to the left of the main machine?

Elija2

Baito, the friendly sales-rabbit informs us that there's been many interesting customers, including one who's collected over 100 Isabella (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) badges

Why am I not surprised that someone did this?

I wonder if we'll be getting the game in March along with the upcoming update. You'd think they'd launch it here in time for the New 3DS so they can tout more customization features. OH WAIT, WE'RE NOT GETTING FACE PLATES.

Garou

I just recently started this and I have to say, for "just" a F2P-thing there is a lot of love in the game. The humor and animations of the Bunny are superb!

Top Bottom