• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Analyst PS5 to sell 200 million

Bryank75

Banned
I could see this happening if the console market was actually growing... but we still haven't seen consoles break 500 million (across all systems), we have been stuck at around 300 million for the past 3 generations, heck, we haven't even seen another console break PS2's record.

That analyst must've been high or something, or is a massive Sony fanboy who is blinded by their current success. lol
It is growing but at a 7 - 10% type of rate. Not some crazy explosion... just natural and organic growth but the good thing is it is sustainable.

I think they could hit 150 million if they do things right, maybe a little more.

They will not break 150M if they keep going with increasing prices and just let all the publishers get bought out.

200 million is another generation of work IMO. It takes time.

This is hardcore gaming...not mobile or farmville on facebook, it's not that big flash in the pan and then gone in a few days. This is a slow build-up, more sustained industry....

Bryank75

Banned
Not a chance so long they keep porting games to PC & lying to fans about next gen only games
Agree, the PC porting will hurt them. They need to roll that back soon....unless they buy a publisher and just want to publish MLB and maybe one or two other IP's if they have a history on PC.
But, yeah...I think you're right.

Great Hair

Banned
Quick, someone tell him that the new Elder Scrolls, Fall Out, Doom, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within and Dishonored won't come to PS5!

Already played those and have no urge or any interest in a doom 6, wolfenstein 8, buggy the evil within 6, dishonered 5 or another poor effort fallout 66 ... those teams are most likely already working on a sequel to those games.

Elder Scrolls is the only one i care.

And with that i mean, fire up the game, get lost, farm every castle, cave on your way and ignore the main quest line for weeks, walk Over-Encumbered to the first village (after the start of the game) only to find it´s closed.

Sleep in front of his shop, enter the next day and try to sell everything stolen only to realize the fucker is piss poor ... drop everything on the floor, leave the shop ...

my skyrim story
the formula of Elder Scrolls is outdated.

Bryank75

Banned
Already played those and have no urge or any interest in a doom 6, wolfenstein 8, buggy the evil within 6, dishonered 5 or another poor effort fallout 66 ... those teams are most likely already working on a sequel to those games.

And with that i mean, fire up the game, get lost, farm every castle, cave on your way and ignore the main quest line for weeks, walk Over-Encumbered to the first village (after the start of the game) only to find it´s closed.

Sleep in front of his shop, enter the next day and try to sell everything stolen only to realize the fucker is piss poor ... drop everything on the floor, leave the shop ...

my skyrim story
Yeah, I think the best way to say it from my perspective is that they make some good games but nothing they have is a system seller for me.
I only played Doom 2016 and Skyrim from them in the last 10 years.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
giphy.gif
I do have 12 inch penis when flaccid. (lie dectector buzzes)
A 10 inch penis (lie detector buzzes)
8 inch penis (lie detector buzzes)
6 inches (lie detector buzzes)
4 inches (lie detector buzzes)
Alright! My penis is 3 inches (lie detector buzzes)
Erect (lie detector dings)
Now, would you unhook this already, please?

Last edited:

argam

Neo Member
So that’s 5, where do the other 199 million 995 hundred thousand and 995 come from?

Do the math.

Ok, let me rephrase it: It seems that PS4 owners are pretty happy with their console and nothing indicates that they are going to massively jump off Sony's ship. Therefore it is very likely that those 110 Million will buy a PS5 sooner or later.

But maybe they suddenly decide to throw away their game collections and the possibility to play with their friends (although thankfully that is less of a problem with crossplay)...

Cheers!

Wizz-Art

my skyrim story

You're from the future? Tell me in addition to all those mentioned games, how is Sea of Thieves in the future, Prey 3, Forza Horizon 5, Fable IV, Halo 7, Forza Motorsports 8, State of Decay 3, Gears 6, Ori 3, Rage 3, Avowed, The Initiative's game, and Rare's new games? I reckon you have a high end PC and will play all those games there like all PS owners because you certainly won't get them on any Sony platform.

Last edited:
You're from the future? Tell me in addition to all those mentioned games, how is Sea of Thieves in the future, Prey 3, Forza Horizon 5, Fable IV, Halo 7, Forza Motorsports 8, State of Decay 3, Gears 6, Ori 3, Rage 3, Avowed, The Initiative's game, and Rare's new games? I reckon you have a high end PC and will play all those games there like all PS owners because you certainly won't get them on any Sony platform.

Gamers have different tastes, xbox games("exclusives") are pretty different vs Sony style games

Sea of Thieves = could not care less
Prey 3 = could be ok
Forza Horizon 5 = could not care less
Fable IV = maybe ok
Halo 7 = probably boring shooter
Forza Motorsports 8 = could not care less
State of Decay 3 = first Two look like low quality indies
Gears 6 = gears is fucking boring cover shooters
Ori 3 = dunno
Rage 3 = could be ok
Avowed = no idea what this is
The Initiative's game = same as above

Fallout will be only one I really miss if it wont come to PS5.

So, only minor loss to Playstation gamers like myself

Using forza+gears+halo as examples of system sellers is like using "movie style Playstation games" to those that hate them.

To me the holy xbox trio is not interesting, which is the case with majority of gamers by looking how consoles sell and how PS5 is sold out globally and xbox is sold out only at US + few random places

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Gamers have different tastes, xbox games("exclusives") are pretty different vs Sony style games

Sea of Thieves = could not care less
Prey 3 = could be ok
Forza Horizon 5 = could not care less
Fable IV = maybe ok
Halo 7 = probably boring shooter
Forza Motorsports 8 = could not care less
State of Decay 3 = first Two look like low quality indies
Gears 6 = gears is fucking boring cover shooters
Ori 3 = dunno
Rage 3 = could be ok
Avowed = no idea what this is
The Initiative's game = same as above

Fallout will be only one I really miss if it wont come to PS5.

So, only minor loss to Playstation gamers like myself

Using forza+gears+halo as examples of system sellers is like using "movie style Playstation games" to those that hate them.

To me the holy xbox trio is not interesting, which is the case with majority of gamers by looking how consoles sell and how PS5 is sold out globally and xbox is sold out only at US + few random places

If you don't like games I can see what you're saying but then again you're on a gaming forum...

Woopah

Silly numbers that aren't going to happen. Fully expect Xbox to close the gap because the only thing Sony has over them is the great games/sequels coming. Xbox console is better in every other department (i.e. power, BC, upgrade paths/general next gen policy, Dolby Vision, Game Pass, game streaming, deep pockets for acquisition). I'm also dismayed by Sony's over-reliance on remasters and lack of new IP - the recent MGS and Silent PS exclusive rumours are fine but where is the investment in new IP? I want them to take more chances with the creation of new IP.
Sony has been very good with new IP. We got Death Stranding and Days Gone last year and Ghosts, Dreams and Destruction AllStars this year. We also know Returnal is coming. Their new IP over the last decade is primarily the reason Sony has made me a fan of their first party games.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: MrS

HeresJohnny

He’s completely dreaming. It’s a more expensive system with more expensive games released in a bad economic time due to a pandemic. It will be lucky to hit 100 million.

Akuji

i dont think this gen gonna be close at all.
bethesda is a big chance for microsoft but history tells us, the bigger the chance the bigger the hammer microsoft uses to destroy it.

lets see what happens.

preordered ps5 for demon's souls and ratchet. insane early games. gonna get spiderman as well probably.
why is that important? theres reason for me ( someone with a high end pc ) to buy a playstation.

does that mean microsoft loses out? no i buy the microsoft games on pc so they get my money, but in terms of consoles sold, they dont get a +1 from me.

Nah, I doubt it. I’m thinking it will be miraculous if they can even hit 80 to 100 million lifetime especially at their price point and with some(?) of their exclusives probably going to PC. 200 million seems way too optimistic. Sony would to have to lockdown some amazing exclusives or pull out some monumental and industry-altering secrets to achieve that goal.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

//DEVIL//

what kind of shit this guy is smoking ? with this fat PS5 ? its bigger than apartments in Japan. I kinda believe the console will sell like shit in japan and it will be probably be outsold by the Switch the second week of its release.

Top Bottom