• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese creators respond to 2017 expectations in Weekly Famitsu

Eolz

Translation from Gematsu:

Phantasy Star 30th Anniversary and Phantasy Star Online 2 Fifth Anniversary

Sega Producer Satoshi Sakai: “We’re planning various projects appropriate for the memorial year. I can’t say the details yet, but please look forward to future announcements.”

Shin Megami Tensei 25th Anniversary

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Producer Kazuyuki Yamai: “Next year, we’ll celebrate a memorable checkpoint on the way to future development of the Megaten series. I hope to be able to share ‘something’ with everyone then.”

Regarding the Release of an Asagi-starring Makai Wars

Nippon Ichi Software President Sohei Niikawa: “No comment. No comment please.”

Level-5

Level-5’s Akihiro Hino: With Snack World, we’re enthusiastic about creating a boom that surpasses Yo-kai Watch.

Hori 40th Anniversary

We’re not planning any commemoration goods or peripherals.

More at the link! Hopefully they're not teasing too much...

With God as my witness, I state "I sure hope not". Then it wouldn't be fun.

Zophar

Megaten really belongs on PC. I hope Atlus is looking at what Sega/Nippon Ichi/S-E have done with their legacy titles on digital platforms. I would just about die if they finally port SMT3 on to PC or modern consoles.

Sega Producer Satoshi Sakai: “We’re planning various projects appropriate for the memorial year. I can’t say the details yet, but please look forward to future announcements.”

God is real.

eRqzuFM.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Atlus teased new projects to be announced "soon" about this time last year. We're getting due for some new goodies from them. Hopefully something for console as to not let all of those great HD assets in Persona 5 get left behind.

Eolz

Atlus teased new projects to be announced "soon" about this time last year. We're getting due for some new goodies from them. Hopefully something for console as to not let all of those great HD assets in Persona 5 get left behind.

You mean those PS3 assets that fit everywhere now? :p

The Giant

Banned

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe 2

desmax

Trauma Center VR

Smt 5 on console be it ps4 or Switch would be good news to hear. Japan idea of exciting news has left me disappointed enough times so will wait and see.

Phantasy Star Online Remaster and Phantasy Star Online 2 West release please.

Okay, just Phantasy Star Online 2... Wait, hold up, its soon to be five years? Damn!

TreIII

Tell me y'all are getting together with Reiko Kodama to make a full-fledged Phantasy Star RPG, and I'll be ever so happy.

Everything else at the link sounds good, too. Definitely looking forward to Koei's little show this weekend.

I believe PSO2 might get updates but if it comes to the US now it just won't do well so I'm not expecting it. I also highly doubt they will do anything to honor the original series except for maybe some re-release collection yet again.

Now thats what I think is going to happen, what I want to happen is Sega to come out and say they are remastering the original Phantasy Star series (well, 1, 2, and 4 because FUCK 3) with updated graphics (similar to the Sega Ages remakes but not shit and low quality budget) and continuing the series with a Phantasy Star 5.

Never going to happen but it'd be nice if it did.

qcf x2

Phantasy Star Online Remaster and Phantasy Star Online 2 West release please.

Okay, just Phantasy Star Online 2... Wait, hold up, its soon to be five years? Damn!

Since it's Phantasy Star's 30th anniversary, how about they make a new Phantasy Star game instead of Yet Another MMO... and then they can work on PSO after or something.

Who are we kidding though, it's Sega. They will surprise us with a PS classics collection and nothing more.

True Fire

It sounds like SMT5 is going to be announced next year. I'm ready for something next gen from that department, not going to lie. They have the engine and they have the HD demons.

Since it's Phantasy Star's 30th anniversary, how about they make a new Phantasy Star game instead of Yet Another MMO... and then they can work on PSO after or something.

Who are we kidding though, it's Sega. They will surprise us with a PS classics collection and nothing more.

I'm pretty sure you'd want different teams working on them either way

Megaten really belongs on PC. I hope Atlus is looking at what Sega/Nippon Ichi/S-E have done with their legacy titles on digital platforms. I would just about die if they finally port SMT3 on to PC or modern consoles.

That's funny because it belongs on Nintendo platforms lol

Can't wait for the release date of PSO2 in the west and the announcement of Phantasy Star 5!

SMT on PC/PS4/Switch please.

HD assets etc. Also the SMT IV artbook talks abouts a bunch of cool details they had in backgrounds and sprites but you weren't able to see them once downsized to 3DS' tiny resolution...must avoid in the future.

I remember someone at Atlus saying their original vision for Nocturne was for the world to be 1:1 to Demi Fiend and for you to be able to rotate the camera, look up, and see the rest of Tokyo in detail etc. Hopefully with a lot of HD assets thanks to P5 and a stylized art style they can be comparatively active vs their ps2 days

SMT on PC/PS4/Switch please.

Yeah, I really hope they go PS4 and Switch for the next SMT. Switch obviously makes sense for them as it satisfies the handheld segment, but they are missing out on crossover potential from Persona customers by not having any SMT presence on the PS4. Nocturne looked fantastic and I'd love to see them go all out again on a SMT title now that they have the P5 engine.

retroman

It's the 30th anniversary of After Burner, Thunder Blade and Super Hang-On.

Also, it's the 25th anniversary of Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe: The Revenge Of Death Adder, OutRunners and Virtua Racing.

You know what to do Sega!

arigato

All I want is a Dark Cloud 3 with composers Tomohito Nishiura and the vocalist Noriko Kawahara from Odin Sphere.
I would love a new game in the similar vein of Rogue Galaxy as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm glad SEGA actually acknowledged the 30th anniversary of PS. Doubt the old time fans will get anything out of it but here's holding out that one day our patience will be rewarded with an offline, turn-based PS5 (seriously, my #1 most wished for thing in the world of gaming)!

It's the 30th anniversary of After Burner, Thunder Blade and Super Hang-On.

Also, it's the 25th anniversary of Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe: The Revenge Of Death Adder, OutRunners and Virtua Racing.

You know what to do Sega!

Release Sonic Unleashed on Steam?

Top Bottom