• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese game creators picked Persona 5 as most memorable title for 2016

miku

xu6oGZd.jpg

Persona 5 - 25 votes
Final Fantasy XV - 22 votes
The Last Guardian - 14 votes
Dragon Quest Builders - 9 votes
Overwatch - 7 votes
Summer Lesson - 7 votes
etc...

Game creators include (just listing some of the popular ones):
- Daisuke Ishiwatari (Arc System Works)
- Toshimichi Mori (Arc System Works)
- Katsura Hoshino (Atlus)
- Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Enhance Games)
- Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Capcom)
- Suda51 (Grasshopper Manufacture)
- Koinuma Hisashi (Koei Tecmo Games)
- Yosuke Hayashi (Koei Tecmo Games)
- Fumito Ueda (gen DESING)
- Hajime Tabata (Square Enix)
- Yoshinori Kitase (Square Enix)
- Tetsuya Nomura (Square Enix)
- Toshihiro Nagoshi (Sega)
- Keiichiro Toyama (SIE)
- Shuhei Yoshida (SIE)
- Katsuhiro Harada (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Yokotaro (Bukkoro)
- Atsushi Inaba (PlatinumGames)
- Hideki Kamiya (PlatinumGames)
- Kenichiro Takaki (Marvelous)

source

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Does it say which game creator picked what? I'd be more interested in seeing that list.

I hope Ueda picked Summer Lesson for a good laugh.

ethomaz

Banned
Persona 5 was probably the best JRPG launched in 2016... way ahead the others options that had big flaws and lack quality.

silva1991

It is my most anticipated game of next year and I have no doubt it will be the most memorable one.

For this year TLG is the most memorable for me.

Occam

While knowing the answer to this question probably won't make waiting any easier, was there any reason given for delaying the western release several times?

Geg

lol, according to the source The Last Guardian was still not released at the time of the survey

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Let me guess, Yosp liked P5. He's been on a crusade for that game recently :p

Most devs i think listed FF15 for its ambition to compete on the scale of western titles more than anything else.

God, I hope Nomura didn't pick FFXV. That would be so amazing.

It would be hilarious, but i think him not picking FF15 is more likely than we think considering how reluctant he has been to talk about the game since he left the project. I don't think he's actually mentioned it or responded to comments about it since.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
While knowing the answer to this question probably won't make waiting any easier, was there any reason given for delaying the western release several times?

Its seemingly a huge game that has a ton of translations that need to be done that are not only readable but translate a lot of the Japanese themes, cultural items and on into something the Western world can easily digest is not a fast or easy process. Combine this with all the voice acting that needs to be done and so on, that really adds up.

lol, according to the source The Last Guardian was still not released at the time of the survey

This is even more hilarious and impressive.

Sesha

Apparently Uncharted 4 and INSIDE made the list after Summer Lesson.

Shame there's no lists of who voted for what.

Only 103 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes until everyone else can play it...

#ForeverSalty

And the art book cover is so god damn amazing. Based Soejima.

Setsu00

It would be hilarious, but i think him not picking FF15 is more likely than we think considering how reluctant he has been to talk about the game since he left the project. I don't think he's actually mentioned it or responded to comments about it since.

If he didn't pick FF15, he most likely picked World of Final Fantasy since he was involved in that project. Picking Persona 5 would be absolutely hysterical, though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
would have loved to know who Kamiya voted for :^)

His previous responses have almost always been either "nothing" or a game from the 1980s or early 1990s.

I guess he technically picked a newer game last year by picking the 3D re-release of After Burner 2.

Oregano

Interestingly all the top games are PS4 games. Some are shared with other platforms but none of them are unavailable on PS4.

Fortunate that persona 5 is next year because last guardian has clinched the title of goty for 2016 by a decent margin. Good to hear positive reception for persona5. Should be a goty contender for 2017 with relative ease.

Fortunate that persona 5 is next year because last guardian has clinched the title of goty for 2016 by a decent margin. Good to hear positive reception for persona5. Should be a goty contender for 2017 with relative ease.

Maybe for you. P5 sounds fantastic but the competition next year is incredibly stiff.

would have loved to know who Kamiya voted for :^)

I dunno about his votes in this poll, but in general, based on his twitter, probably Sega 3D Classics Collection 3, an arcade archives game, or Forza Horizon 3.

His list last year looked like that but also with The Great Ace Attorney.

Maybe for you. P5 sounds fantastic but the competition next year is incredibly stiff.

Oh I know. Zelda botw and Nier automata alone make it competitive but I've heard good things about persona 5 so can consider that as a candidate whereas zelda and Nier have no feedback to make a educated guess.

MSMrRound

Whether Persona 5 can win GOTY 2017 is one thing (and I'm assuming probably not since it's still considered a niche series and the casual gaming crowd might not have heard of it)...

having finished the Japanese version of P5, I can say that a lot of people will be heading towards one, if not the best solidly-put together JRPG out there for the PS4. It performs well and I enjoyed a lot of my time with it and you wouldn't get strange glitches like falling through the sky, or suddenly find one of your character stepping on top of one another and that type of nonsense.

Just a solid A+ JRPG experience without any laughable bugs.

4gamer also conducts a year end poll like this, but it tends to be released closer to the end of the year (last year they posted it on the 29th).

Top Bottom