• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Magazine News for 2/2/10 -- The Check Bounces

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Reginleiv 8/7/7/6
Madworld 8/7/8/8
DQ6 9/9/8/8
Winter Sports 2010 [ps3] 7/5/6/5
DB2 7/7/8/7

NEW
Chunsoft PSP adventure game
Trick Logic
Animation by PA Works

toc22.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I don't remember the last issue of Famitsu that delivered the goods.
It's mostly disappointment now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm telling you, in a month the Wii is going to have negative games listed.

duckroll

Not much news this week it seems. Looking at the TOC, I see Majin The Fallen Realm, and there are Clash of the Titans scans too, so it looks like Scamco and Game Republic are tying to bring some good news into their terrible financials. :lol

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Not much news this week it seems. Looking at the TOC, I see Majin The Fallen Realm, and there are Clash of the Titans scans too, so it looks like Scamco and Game Republic are tying to bring some good news into their terrible financials. :lol
Ooh, Majin - finally!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
I'm telling you, in a month the Wii is going to have negative games listed.
It's preferable to post the Table of Contents when saying this, so we can actually see how many Wii games there are. :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nirolak said:
It's preferable to post the Table of Contents when saying this, so we can actually see how many Wii games there are. :p

3 I think.

duckroll

Vamphuntr said:
Why is there some Kingdom Hearts stuff on the cover?

Famitsu is starting the year with covers from favorite characters voted by readers. They previously had Snake from MGS as well. This week it's Sora from KH.

Vamphuntr

duckroll said:
Famitsu is starting the year with covers from favorite characters voted by readers. They previously had Snake from MGS as well. This week it's Sora from KH.

Oh I see... Thanks

john tv

Surprised at the DQ6 scores, considering how much Famitsu has been covering it. Anyone recall how DQ4 and DQ5 DS scored?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any Star Ocean 4 International news? :p

Toki767

distantmantra said:
It's in the magazine, but I don't see a review. Famitsu typically doesn't review ports.
Ah, I thought they reviewed the PS3 ToV port, but maybe I was imagining things.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
34/40 is pretty low for a DQ. Is it just a port with enhanced visuals? what about gameplay stuff?

disappointed if nothing was improved gameplay wise, horii dropped the ball with this one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
velvet_nitemare said:
With all the Wii game news this week, you'd think Famitsu would have a larger Wii section.
It's kind of hard to write an article about a logo.

Perhaps Nintendo will be kind enough to actually detail their games eventually. o_O

Rpgmonkey

Meh.

B.K. said:

What's the fourth game?

Ah, I thought they reviewed the PS3 ToV port, but maybe I was imagining things.

Unless that was Famitsu PS3+PSP, they did. Got the same score as the 360 version IIRC.

Dunno why that got special treatment however.

Mandoric

Banned
In this issue: Romance Novels for Adults: Harlequin Collection, and Miyamoto's favorite arcade game. :lol

That's not the check not clearing, that's them cracking open the vault and finding a roll of pennies, an expired Wal-Mart gift card, and three dead moths.

Oh, and there's a DS remake of one of the River City Ransom sports spinoffs. Pity -that- franchise has been raped to death.

Jonnyram

Surgeon Rocket said:
Didn't know there was a DQ Monster BattleRoad 2.

Is that new?
BattleRoad 2 has been going for ages.
This is a new version though, called BattleRoad 2 Legends, featuring battles with classic DQ hero characters (as opposed to just the bosses of old).

There's one new screen of TLG in the mag. It has the creature looking through a hole at what looks to be the main character.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
BattleRoad 2 has been going for ages.
This is a new version though, called BattleRoad 2 Legends, featuring battles with classic DQ hero characters (as opposed to just the bosses of old).
Have you ever played that BTW? Is it any good?

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
Unless that was Famitsu PS3+PSP, they did. Got the same score as the 360 version IIRC.

Dunno why that got special treatment however.

In general - content. MGS3 Subsistence also got reviewed, but I do not think MGS2 Substance did. If there is a substantial amount of new content, a game gets reviewed again. Otherwise it doesn't.

Jonnyram

john tv said:
Have you ever played that BTW? Is it any good?
I've played a few times, and got quite a few cards. I don't think it's that good to be honest. Way too random. Seriously aimed at kids. You don't see many adults playing it at all.
I'm interested in trying out the other card game actually, Lord of Vermilion, but the thing about BattleRoad is that there are machines everywhere so it's easy to play. LoV, not so many.

Top Bottom