• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Rixa

I still play King's Raid but I'm about ready to move on. How's Alchemist Code? I wanna try it but I haven't played anything from gumi since they shut down Chain Chronicle so I'm a bit skeptical. How have they been lately?

Gumi handles Global version of Brave Exvius and Alim (Gumii100% subsidiary) hadnles JP version of Brave Exvius. That game is handled nowadays quite well.

Alchemist Code is sitll under soft launch, if you have Android device, download apk and hop in. Global release is prolly in late November.

Dandte

I still play King's Raid but I'm about ready to move on. How's Alchemist Code? I wanna try it but I haven't played anything from gumi since they shut down Chain Chronicle so I'm a bit skeptical. How have they been lately?

The FFBE department of Gumi Singapore recently had it's own "Brave Frontier Desaster" so the producer (Square Enix) had to step in and gave a personal apology (japnanese mentality). After Brave Frontier had it's big disaster it became a lot better and so far it looks like FFBE will get the same treatment.

As for AC, no complains so far. I got a lockscreen ingame notification, that i should pre reg to get awesome rewards. I guess this confirms that soft launch player will get all goodies.

I also did my first gold key event...holy hell. Over 2 million zeni in half an hour. For someone who is always broke this huge. I highly recommend to do all daily quests on weekends so you get the keys.

chrono01

Oh look, Gumi changed the pre-registration rewards for Alchemist Code as well as the amount needed to reach them. It's not so bad anymore?

"Greetings everyone.

Thank you for sharing your feedback relating to our Pre-Registration Campaign that is ongoing at https://alchemistcode.com.

We have heard and reviewed each one of them and would like to provide the following updates:

- Missing verification email upon registration
Our technical team have completed our investigations and we will be contacting the affected players to ensure this issue has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience resulting from this and will be contributing 1,000,000 Shards to the current pool of Collected Shards for the Pre-Registration Milestone Campaign as compensation.

- Pre-Registration Milestone Rewards
Our Alchemist Code team deeply values the community’s feedback as it helps us to continually improve and fine-tune The Alchemist Code. Following our thorough review of the Pre-Registration Milestone Rewards, we have made the following adjustments:

> Milestone 1 (1M Shards) = Apple of Accomplishment x 10
> Milestone 2 (3M Shards) = Pre-Registration Equipment 10 Summon Tickets
> Milestone 3 (4M Shards) = Skip Tickets x 10, Gems x 100
> Milestone 4 (8M Shards) = 5★ Potential Character: Mianne
> Milestone 5 (12M Shards) = Gems x 400

We hope that these changes will further encourage players to band together to collectively help reach the milestone goals.

- Clarification on other prizes (Silver Ingot, Strong Potion, Apple of Experience)
The rewards from the Plays will contribute to the pool of prizes. The collective pool of prizes will be available for ALL PLAYERS to claim as starting gifts at their Gifts Box once the game is launched globally.

We would like to thank all of you for your valuable feedback once again. Please continue to share your comments and suggestions with us - The Alchemist Code team hears you!

For the latest updates, please check back at The Alchemist Code’s Facebook.

We look forward to your continued support.
- The Alchemist Code Team"

https://www.facebook.com/thealchemistcode/posts/301681666981115

Stider

Not sure if people have noticed but you can buy character shards from the 3 girls in the shop icon. 4* character shards(Zangetsu, Rahu, Lofia etc.) are priced at 60 gems/shard so might be worth buying if you are close to hitting a limit break for a new job. Perfect time for this is when you get your first copy which gives 20 shards and you need 25 to unlock the 2nd job.

Rixa

Not sure if people have noticed but you can buy character shards from the 3 girls in the shop icon. 4* character shards(Zangetsu, Rahu, Lofia etc.) are priced at 60 gems/shard so might be worth buying if you are close to hitting a limit break for a new job. Perfect time for this is when you get your first copy which gives 20 shards and you need 25 to unlock the 2nd job.

Yup. Better not to buy beforehand but after you get the dupe of 4* unit. Iam still looking for 3 Lofia shards. Yesterday freebie pull was 20 Rahu Soul Shards (hooray), now I need 5 Rahu shards too. Already got Lucian Limit Break to one star by this way (got copy of him and then bought 5 shards).

It is kinda expensive way to get soul shards and should be only done when you need 5 soul shards to get first star to limit break and thus open 2nd job. After that, no point until you pull enough dupes.

Now the rewards in prereg are decent, good reaction by developers.

You need fuckton of Zeni (gold) in this game. Do some research before waisting gold to abilities in units you are not going to use that are not great. Eventually you need to max abilities in units you use. Closer to level 20 abilities cost 100k Zeni per level. Here are few examples of prices:

Screenshot_20171020-082443.png
Screenshot_20171020-082514.png
Screenshot_20171020-082427.png

Stider

Yup. Better not to buy beforehand but after you get the dupe of 4* unit. Iam still looking for 3 Lofia shards. Yesterday freebie pull was 20 Rahu Soul Shards (hooray), now I need 5 Rahu shards too. Already got Lucian Limit Break to one star by this way (got copy of him and then bought 5 shards).

It is kinda expensive way to get soul shards and should be only done when you need 5 soul shards to get first star to limit break and thus open 2nd job. After that, no point until you pull enough dupes.

Now the rewards in prereg are decent, good reaction by developers.

You need fuckton of Zeni (gold) in this game. Do some research before waisting gold to abilities in units you are not going to use that are not great. Eventually you need to max abilities in units you use. Closer to level 20 abilities cost 100k Zeni per level. Here are few examples of prices:

Yep. I bought shards for Lofia, Zangetsu, Mia and Lamia just to unlock their 2nd jobs. Yeah gold is a pain, once I get my team levelled a bit more I might use my keys for gold farming. Team is currently in the mid 40's. Have levelled a few skills to 20 and damn it is pricy.

chrono01

Man, it's starting to get boring just logging into Alchemist Code each day and doing 3x normal missions and 3x event missions for the gems. If it played better through Nox for me I could maybe try doing more of the story missions, but I'd rather wait for official release for that. I hope my interest holds for the next (what, close to a month speculated?) until the full Global launch. My interest is already beginning to wane, and knowing all of the geared-up players in PVP when it does launch isn't exactly an appealing thought. It will have been more than two months in soft launch, if it does indeed release when the pre-registration ends, and even that hasn't been confirmed. For all we know it could very well be the ending of November/beginning of December, which means it will have been around three months.

I really hate soft-launches that last as long as this, it really does deflate my hype.

Dandte

Man, it's starting to get boring just logging into Alchemist Code each day and doing 3x normal missions and 3x event missions for the gems. If it played better through Nox for me I could maybe try doing more of the story missions, but I'd rather wait for official release for that. I hope my interest holds for the next (what, close to a month speculated?) until the full Global launch. My interest is already beginning to wane, and knowing all of the geared-up players in PVP when it does launch isn't exactly an appealing thought. It will have been more than two months in soft launch, if it does indeed release when the pre-registration ends, and even that hasn't been confirmed. For all we know it could very well be the ending of November/beginning of December, which means it will have been around three months.

I really hate soft-launches that last as long as this, it really does deflate my hype.

PvP is a complete mess. All actions (yours and the opponents) are ai controlled. I had mirror matched were i outclassed the opponen by 200 power and the ai did stupidly moves and i lost...

Also for everyone. Today and tomorrow you can get exp and gold keys as daily rewards, which are super super useful. Get them now and use them when you have powerful teams.

chrono01

We need a Japanese Gacha Games Discord, so we can talk about all of this outside of GAF (considering the rate at which it's going, the latter probably won't be around for long...).

Anyway, it's been fun guys/gals!

Adeptrain

We need a Japanese Gacha Games Discord, so we can talk about all of this outside of GAF (considering the rate at which it's going, the latter probably won't be around for long...).

Anyway, it's been fun guys/gals!

I nominate you to run one! :) You seem to play more Japanese Gacha games than anyone else I know in t his thread.

Also, if Gaf does go away, thank you all for the game suggestions!

chrono01

I nominate you to run one! :) You seem to play more Japanese Gacha games than anyone else I know in t his thread.

Also, if Gaf does go away, thank you all for the game suggestions!
Now that sounds like work. A lot of work! I'll look into it, not sure what's required to set up a server and all that. I'm pretty PC-illiterate when it comes to stuff like that, haha.

And you're welcome for the game suggestions, I hope you enjoyed at least a few of the ones I recommended to you. :)

I'd love a gatcha server. if one is made PLEASE PM me or hit me up @dandycrocodiles
+1

ReaperXL7

If there is going to be a discord for gacha Gaf please send me an invite. I've been using discord more often lately anyway for various games and this thread is one of my few subs.

Nirran

Yep would love an invite too if one gets set up. Learned about so many good games from here. Current love is King's Raid.

KuroNeeko

I'm not sure how this whole thing works or anything, nor have I been an active poster in this thread (mostly a lurker), but I went ahead and made *something*.

Quote for the invite!

OK! It's up!
If you guys want to make another one elsewhere, or just use this one as a temporary refuge, that's fine!

yuuki

I'm not sure how this whole thing works or anything, nor have I been an active poster in this thread (mostly a lurker), but I went ahead and made *something*.

Quote for the invite!

OK! It's up!
If you guys want to make another one elsewhere, or just use this one as a temporary refuge, that's fine!

inv please

KuroNeeko

How about this?

Tap on "Quote" right above my user icon! The address should be visible! Then copy/paste the link in a browser or Discord app!

chrono01

Quote for the invite!

OK! It's up!
Thank you for saving me the trouble of researching and setting one up myself, haha. It's working well!

Yaari

Now that sounds like work. A lot of work! I'll look into it, not sure what's required to set up a server and all that. I'm pretty PC-illiterate when it comes to stuff like that, haha.

And you're welcome for the game suggestions, I hope you enjoyed at least a few of the ones I recommended to you. :)

+1

It's done in minutes. Fairly easy, you'll get it

Sölf

I most likely wouldn't post much on it, but I would like an invite once it's set up.

Also, still waiting for Alchemist Code global. Gumi, pls! D:

muu

I bring along this message from Kenji, who's unable to speak as he had some peculiar interest in SAO fanfiction...

For the lurkers out there who can't reach the hidden Discord link right now, Please check back in a few days. As you might understand, now isn't the best time have a link right in the open.

If you have an urgent need to get in touch with someone from the thread, please send a message to @KenjiGlove on Twitter

chrono01

It's done in minutes. Fairly easy, you'll get it

Sölf;252815986 said:
I most likely wouldn't post much on it, but I would like an invite once it's set up.

Also, still waiting for Alchemist Code global. Gumi, pls! D:
We do have a "temporary" Discord channel if you two are interested. I'm not sure if the link is still valid, but if you want to send me a PM (or KuroNeeko, the owner of the channel) feel free!

I bring along this message from Kenji, who's unable to speak as he had some peculiar interest in SAO fanfiction...
I wasn't even aware we had a Japanese Gacha Discord channel already, haha. That solves that!

I don't use Twitter, so I guess I'll wait a few days for the link. It's understandable why it should probably be kept secret right now. :(

Top Bottom