• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese only 3DS games?

I must be crazy. I am currently wondering if there are Japanese only 3DS worth to justify the purchase of a Japanese system.

My current interests goes towards action games, adventures and RPGs, and of course, shmups (is there any for the 3DS). Maybe interesting puzzles. No ADVs (I am getting Time Travellers on Vita), no sports games.

Any suggestions?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Projecto Fairy: Bravely Default

I got my JP 3DS back in August.

I own Gundam 3D Battle, Virus Shooter, Senran Kagura, and Theatrhythm.

I ordered Taiko 3DS and Senran Kagura 2. Project X Zone and Lost Heroes look like two good games, and I hear Dragon Quest Monsters Rocket Slime 3 is good as well as Monster Hunter 3G. Little Battlers eXperience just came out for 3DS in Japan too if that interests you. I don't know Japanese so some of these games aren't as enjoyable to me lol.

It just all depends what you are interested in.

Don't know if it's any good, but it seems cool: "Nazo Waku Yakata" from Capcom, which is sort of a variety comedy horror minigame and puzzle collection that uses an awesome surround sound technique for the audio.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
onepiecesp.jpg

Takao

Banned
I got my JP 3DS back in August.

I own Gundam 3D Battle, Virus Shooter, Senran Kagura, and Theatrhythm.

I ordered Taiko 3DS and Senran Kagura 2. Project X Zone and Lost Heroes look like two good games, and I hear Dragon Quest Monsters Rocket Slime 3 is good as well as Monster Hunter 3G. Little Battlers eXperience just came out for 3DS in Japan too if that interests you. I don't know Japanese so some of these games aren't as enjoyable to me lol.

It just all depends what you are interested in.

If he's interested in those games I suggest buying a PSP. They're cheap, region-free and the sequel to the 3DS LBX game is on PSP (as is the 3DS LBX game).

This was actually released in Europe.

StayDead

Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Etrian Oddesy 4
Rune Factory 4
Project X Zone
Bravely Default
Project Mirai
Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland
Fire Emblem
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd
Taiko no Tatsujin
Calciobit
Countless eShop/Virtual Console releases

Of course, that doesn't include everything and some of those will be localized. Most of those are games I already own or want to own so I can vouch for how good they are. The 3DS in fact has become one of my favourite consoles. I've had constant entertainment since mid last year.

Out at the minute:

Senran Kagura
Project Mirai
Code of Princess
Taiko no Tatsujin

Coming later this year:

Senran Kagura Burst
Project X Zone
Lost Heroes
Kokuga

At the minute, honestly, I couldn't be without my Japanese 3DS. Do bear in mind though that the stuff that remains unlocalised is fairly niche, likewise with that list of upcoming releases. If you're buying mainly to have games earlier, it's not all that worth it as most 3DS games have come out worldwide. Fan of the more niche genres? Definitely consider it. Plus, you get access to the eShop which has some Japan-exclusive games and more to come in future.

Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Etrian Oddesy 4
Rune Factory 4
Project X Zone
Bravely Default
Project Mirai
Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem
Taiko no Tatsujin
Calciobit

Of course, that doesn't include everything and some of those will be localized. Most of those are games I already own or want to own so I can vouch for how good they are. The 3DS in fact has become one of my favourite consoles. I've had constant entertainment since mid last year.

+ E.X. Troopers

Boney

Banned
Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Etrian Oddesy 4
Rune Factory 4
Project X Zone
Bravely Default
Project Mirai
Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem
Taiko no Tatsujin
Calciobit

Fire Emblem is coming brozo

zroid

Banned
3DS is amazing in Japan right now. If you have the means and the language isn't a barrier, then you can't go wrong.

There are probably easily more Japan-exclusive games at the moment that I want than games I already have (10).

Zornica

Banned
adding some stuff to StayDeads list:
Senran Kagura
Senran Kagura Burst
Etrian Oddesy 4
Rune Factory 4
Project X Zone
Bravely Default
Project Mirai
Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Fire Emblem
Taiko no Tatsujin
Calciobit
ExTrooper
Culdcept
Beyond the Labyrinth
Detectiv Saburo Jinguji
LaytonXAceAttorney (at least "time exklusiv")
all of the other level 5 games (see above) (time travelers, cindarella, etc)
Dynasty Warriros VS
Gon baku baku baku Adventure
Guild 01/02
Gyrozetta RPG
If I were in a sealed room with a girl, I'd probably XXX
Kokuga
Lost Heroes
Naruto Shippuden Shinobi Rittai Emaki!
Nazo Waku Yakata
New Love Plus
Project X Zone
SD Gundam G Generation 3D
Little Battle Experience

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This was actually released in Europe.

Only Episode 1 (half of the game; Episode 2 will be a separate release). With region locking, it might as well count.

Becaue I want to play it.

nmanma

I don't want to buy another 3ds, but it looks so tempting...

How can you add funds to buy stuff from the Japanese eShop? Do you need a Japanese credit card or is there some way to buy codes from prepaid cards online? I used to buy from maximuscards but they sell only us codes

Bullza2o

Wow that's an impressive list. If the eShop sells DD versions of all 3DS games and not just Nintendo games only, I might have to buy a Japanese 3DS. It will be a lot cheaper than importing and paying shipping.

Zornica

Banned
I hadn't even thought about it, but importing a jp 3ds with all the download option seems really temping...
but I hate download stuff... on the other hand, importing games from jp is really expensiv...
maybe I could get a white xl.... mhh...

Top Bottom