• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Persona fans rank their favorite characters in the series.

Isn't Koromaru the dog? What the fuck, Japan.

At least I can get down with the top choice, although that's mostly because of Charlie.

Yu? What? How? He didn't really even do...
Its all about the popped collar.
iX1CxzP8QYxIJ.gif

Foxix Von

"Waaawaaawaaaa, my dad died years ago and my moooom is moving on to a new guy how dare she I have the worst mooooooom ever, listen to me whine about this for an entire S-link line waaaawaaaawaaaa my dad is deeeaaaaaad"

That's called a character flaw. Humans have these things called emotions that effect them throughout their life, especially if an individual has been subject to events they deem as being traumatic experiences. However, I guess if your idea of what a good character is stems from Scooby-Doo then that would be easy to mistake as being a bad thing.

EVOL 100%

JP Aigis is a world of difference compared ENG Aigis, and the NA localization butchered her.

Anyways, list sucks balls.

Nah, played with JP voices, she still sucked.

Yukari is a well written character but she's isn't remotely likeable as a result.

pantsmith

Remember that Japan has an animated series where Yu is an actual character. Also that a huge percentage of the fanbase (for Persona 4, at least) is female.

Don't really know who they asked, since I don't know anyone whos big on Yosuke, but I'm sure the anime (and expanded media) has a lot to do with Persona 4 characters being as prevalent.

Galang

Banned
"Waaawaaawaaaa, my dad died years ago and my moooom is moving on to a new guy how dare she I have the worst mooooooom ever, listen to me whine about this for an entire S-link line waaaawaaaawaaaa my dad is deeeaaaaaad"

But when you combine those two the only interesting thing that comes out is a hat.

You like terrible, terrible characters, and should feel ashamed for doing so!

Omg this hurts my heart, I didn't realize her hate was so widespread :(. I almost always like the most hated characters though, don't know what that says about me. Now I'm going to boot up P3 just so I can date Yukari again.

*High five*

At least Koromaru made it in.

I know right! :)

Gardios

Why are these all P3 and P4 characters? Don't tell me none of these people played P2.

NO FUCKING BAOFU?!

There's a Persona 2?

Seriously, where the hell are Ulala, Lisa, Eikichi, Katsuya, and Maya? And Yosuke at number 2? Dammit Japan.

Snakeyes

Looks like there were more characters listed;

21. P1 MC
22. Reiji (P1)
23. Fuuka
24. Theodore
25. Dojima
26. Labrys

notworksafe

Charlie at #1? Yeesh. I think my favorite from the RPGs are Rise and Mitsuru. Though my favorites in P4A are Aigis and Liz.

You have to wonder how many hadn't played the other games.

It's like asking whats the best Final Fantasy game and most of the replies are always in the Playstation+ era.

geebee

Banned
Not enough Persona 2 characters. Disappointing. Sorry, but fuck this list. The majority of the Persona 2 characters.. hell, even Soul Hackers characters would kick the shit out of most of the brats in Persona 3 and 4. Not saying I dislike those games(well, maybe 3) but come on.

Zuly

Okay,

a) what the goddamn hell is Kanji doing at 12!? :mad:
b) what's so cool about the Persona 4 main character? I don't get it. He's not... anything.
besides JYB when he yells out persona names
c) there's only one character in the whole list that isn't from P3 or P4. :|

Didn't you get the memo? Those are the only relevant Persona games.

I guess the Japanese audience just digs teenage boys with grey hair.

Serious question: Does the P4 MC talk in the anime or is he mute as he is in the game?

Top Bottom