• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese queues for Pokémon ORAS Pre-orderss

Fiktion

Banned
No. Pokémon is a handheld franchise and the developers have stated as such. A large part of Pokémon is the portability, and it's a large part of why it's so popular. To remove that to put it on a home console with no benefits other than "more power" would be a horrific decision, both in concept and business. Higher budget for less money? Nuts to that.
MMO.

EulaCapra

Those pre-order bonuses are mighty tempting to line up for.

Most territories will be lucky to just even get a Mudkip keychain and a box of Hamburger Helper.

AngryKirby

Neo Member
Actually most of the people standing in line were there for the Pokemon Center exclusive new 3DS. A friend of mine (who lives in Japan) said the line had over 200 people, all waiting to preorder the 3DS. Crazy I know!

Forkball

No? They can preorder the digital version here too, and it can be preordered online.

I really do think people here overblow the account issue.

I've seen people on this very board state that Nintendo doesn't even have an account system.

If they gave a lucha Pikachu plushie I would be first in line.

Seik

Banned
3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

Dat Pokemon effect.

JoeM86

Actually most of the people standing in line were there for the Pokemon Center exclusive new 3DS. A friend of mine (who lives in Japan) said the line had over 200 people, all waiting to preorder the 3DS. Crazy I know!

They were there for both.

A friend was there and said there was well over 1,000 people. It was for pre-orders for both ORAS and the ORAS N3DSs. The N3DSs also come with a Groudon & Kyogre 3DS desktop theme.

Certainly no heat waves impacting these Pokecenters.

Nope, look at the photos, it's overcast.

AngryKirby

Neo Member
They were there for both.

A friend was there and said there was well over 1,000 people. It was for pre-orders for both ORAS and the ORAS N3DSs. The N3DSs also come with a Groudon & Kyogre 3DS desktop theme.

Ah okay well there are plenty of Pokemon Centers in Japan and my friend isn't in Tokyo so I trust him when he says it's 200+ people for the new 3DS

JoeM86

Heatwaves? I'd say it's pretty cold here now.

It's a reference to last year. In the week Pikmin 3 came out, there was a heat wave in Japan and it even caused Pokémon Centers to have next to no activity and they're always busy. I brought it up as a possibility as to part of why the game didn't sell as well as we had anticipated. People took it to mean I was blaming it solely on that and a meme was born :p

Good times :p

Ah okay well there are plenty of Pokemon Centers in Japan and my friend isn't in Tokyo so I trust him when he says it's 200+ people for the new 3DS

It's really impossible to say what people were there for unless they were polled and asked. Pre-orders for both opened up yesterday and logic dictates the queues are for both, and reports from the queues are mostly about ORAS itself.

AngryKirby

Neo Member
It's really impossible to say what people were there for unless they were polled and asked. Pre-orders for both opened up yesterday and logic dictates the queues are for both, and reports from the queues are mostly about ORAS itself.

Not unless there was a separate queue for the new 3DS :) I suspect the demand for it is insane

Also, could you direct me to the reports about the queues? I haven't seen any online yet (except for this topic and RTs here and there)

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'd be all over the ORAS N3DS if it came stateside.

Top Bottom